Author Topic: Photo of Mitch McConnell in Front of a Confederate Flag Resurfaces Amid Northam Yearbook Controversy  (Read 1536 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Alejandro de la Garza
February 3, 2019

In the midst of the ongoing controversy over a racist photograph on Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s medical school yearbook page, a photograph of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) posing in front of a Confederate flag is making the rounds on social media.

Jake Tapper
✔
@jaketapper

Lots of folks tweeting out this photo of @senatemajldr so I asked his office about it.

A spokesman suggested Leader McConnell wouldn’t pose for such a photo today as he did “30 years or so ago”... 1/4
ChuckVoellinger @CVoellinger
Replying to @GOPLeader

Tell it to McConnell, or is the Confed flag just a celebration of "southern heritage"?

The photograph of McConnell, which apparently shows the senator posing in front of a large Confederate flag, had previously surfaced in 2015, according to Snopes. The photo was allegedly taken at a Sons of Confederate Veterans event in the early ’90s.

Following the revelation of the racist yearbook photograph, Democratic Gov. Northam has refused to step down despite facing mounting pressure to resign. The photograph in question shows one person apparently wearing blackface posing with a person dressed in KKK robes. The governor initially apologized on Friday for appearing in the photo, before denying that he was either figure in the photograph in a news conference on Saturday.

The photograph of McConnell has regained traction on social media in the past few days, in part spurned on by the controversy over Northam’s photograph. Some users on Twitter cited the photograph as an example of Republican hypocrisy in condemning the Democratic governor’s alleged photograph while apparently being soft on racism within their own party.

more
http://time.com/5519534/mitch-mcconnell-confederate-flag-northam-yearbook/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Offline Frank Cannon

McConnell should resign immediately.

Offline skeeter

Anyone who's ever been to a Lynrd Skynrd concert since 1973 is officially ineligible to run for public office.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline ABX

Offline roamer_1

Anyone who's ever been to a Lynrd Skynrd concert since 1973 is officially ineligible to run for public office.

That's right.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
McConnell should resign immediately.

Maybe, Frank, but not because of the Confederate Flag.  That flag represents many brave sons of the South who gave their lives trying to protect their Sovereignity from those who would destroy it.

It is ridiculous that we have allowed ourselves to be so brain-washed that we consider the Confederate Flag offensive.  It will never be offensive to me.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline verga

I love how this is all coming to light now and just as many dimmies are getting bitten in the @$$ by this
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline ABX

I love how this is all coming to light now and just as many dimmies are getting bitten in the @$$ by this

They are setting it up where no one over 50 can run for office. Did you ever watch the Dukes of Hazard? Disqualified. Are you from a State that flys the Stars and Bars- disqualified.

This may end up wiping out the old Democrat political class.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

A lot more dimmies,@verga
  The democrats were the party of racism for lo, those many years.

Offline mountaineer

Several of my ancestors served in the confederate army. I guess my political future is kaput.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Several of my ancestors served in the confederate army. I guess my political future is kaput.

I don't know about some of these people who seem to show up with confederate flags nearby .   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Victoria33

@mountaineer

Some of my ancestors, in North Carolina, fought in the revolutionary war - they fought on the side of ENGLAND.  I guess my political future is I have no country. 

But I have a long rifle used in the civil war - it is in perfect condition, so I can hold off the freaking US military when they come for me to send me to England.  If I lose against the US military, that's okay too, as I can live in Cardiff, United Kingdom, with family.  Always have a Plan B.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@mountaineer

Some of my ancestors, in North Carolina, fought in the revolutionary war - they fought on the side of ENGLAND.  I guess my political future is I have no country. 

But I have a long rifle used in the civil war - it is in perfect condition, so I can hold off the freaking US military when they come for me to send me to England.  If I lose against the US military, that's okay too, as I can live in Cardiff, United Kingdom, with family.  Always have a Plan B.

Love to see you pointing that rifle at some bad guys @Virginia33

Offline mountaineer

Several of my ancestors also fought in the Revolutionary War on the side of the, well, revolutionaries - not those mean ol' British. Then their descendents made the terrible mistake (in modern thought), as Virginians, to fight for Virginia when the 1861 war broke out.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

Maybe, Frank, but not because of the Confederate Flag.  That flag represents many brave sons of the South who gave their lives trying to protect their Sovereignity from those who would destroy it.

It is ridiculous that we have allowed ourselves to be so brain-washed that we consider the Confederate Flag offensive.  It will never be offensive to me.

Any reason for this duplicitous ass wipe to resign is fine with me. For heaven's sake just look at how stupid his ties are.....

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Any reason for this duplicitous ass wipe to resign is fine with me. For heaven's sake just look at how stupid his ties are.....

But ... what about the fried chicken?  Finger lickin' good.

Offline Frank Cannon

But ... what about the fried chicken?  Finger lickin' good.

Chicken? His wife does the cooking and I hear she is partial to cat.