Author Topic: Xi Jinping is the most dangerous enemy: George Soros  (Read 811 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Xi Jinping is the most dangerous enemy: George Soros
« on: February 03, 2019, 06:18:36 pm »
Xi Jinping is the most dangerous enemy: George Soros

China is not the only authoritarian regime in the world, but it is undoubtedly the wealthiest, strongest, and most developed in machine learning and artificial intelligence. This makes Xi the most dangerous opponent of those who believe in the concept of open society. But Xi is not alone. Authoritarian regimes are proliferating all over the world, and if they succeed, they will become totalitarian.

I wasn't surprised when Xi ran into serious opposition at home; but I was surprised by the form it took. At last year's leadership convocation at the seaside resort of Beidaihe, Xi was apparently taken down a peg or two. Although there was no official communiqué, the rumour was that the convocation disapproved of the abolition of term limits and the cult of personality that Xi had built around himself.

The committed defenders of open society in China, who are around my age, have mostly retired, and younger people, who are dependent on Xi for promotion, have taken their place. In fact, it was retired leaders like Zhu Rongji who reportedly floated the criticisms of Xi at the Beidaihe meeting.

Read more at: https://www.afr.com/news/policy/foreign-affairs/xi-jinping-is-the-most-dangerous-enemy-george-soros-20190128-h1ajwo

Ol' George, just a chip off the ol' block... seriously, if even he is noting some of this, we better stand up and listen.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Xi Jinping is the most dangerous enemy: George Soros
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 10:23:56 pm »
Islam is a far more dangerous enemy to the world than is China.  Every place they go, they either conquer or sow dissent like takes place in Europe, China, Russia and here.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 10:33:48 pm »
Why does Soros worry about a one party authoritarian state in China when that seems to be his goal here?

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 10:46:34 pm »
Why does Soros worry about a one party authoritarian state in China when that seems to be his goal here?

Soros wants a one-party authoritarian state enforcing his ideas, not one enforcing Xi Jinping's ideas. 

Don't forget both sides in the running street battles in Weimar Germany wanted one-party totalitarian states, it was a question of which one party.  (Nobody except North Korea and the Daesh does full-on totalitarian any more because everyone has realized that centralized control of the economy doesn't work:  you need enough freedom to run a market economy, even if the state is setting industrial policy.  The Chinese are trying to work out exactly how little freedom is needed to run a market economy.)
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 10:52:49 pm »
Hmm, maybe Xi isn't such a bad guy, after all.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 11:18:25 pm »
My point would be, whether it be Steve Bannon or George Soros or even, our own intelligence, a lot of people are saying this same thing.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 11:22:01 pm »

He wants to delegitimize any possible deal that Trump and Xi come up with.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 11:25:49 pm »
Soros wants a one-party authoritarian state enforcing his ideas, not one enforcing Xi Jinping's ideas. 
Exactly. Soros doesn't view the Chinese leader as a 'bad guy'. He views him as his chief competitor.
Soros is currently the most dangerous enemy of America.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.