Author Topic: Super Bowl LIII Live Thread  (Read 8136 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Super Bowl LIII Live Thread
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2019, 04:06:46 am »
Y   A   W   N

Yawn to you too. Haven't you spoken some time about someone from your own home town in the NFL? Who was rude to you then? No one!  If you were the one who talked about a player from their own home town, then someone is being a hypocrite.

@mrpotatohead

8bs8
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 04:08:27 am by TomSea »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2019, 04:11:01 am »
Feedback I'm getting is the parties were great, lots of fun, but the game sucked.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2019, 04:38:56 am »
This thread is a bit of a disappointment, @corbe.  Not one post mentioned the score.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mrclose

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2019, 05:42:51 am »
Not to talk down the Rams but the Saints really should have been there, what flukey refereeing 2 weeks ago, a farce.

I assume this is an authentic picture.

@TomSea

Barstool Sports Founder on Actor's Quip About Brady's MAGA Hat: 'Easy Excuse' to Hate the Patriots

Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy said Saturday that actor Daniel Radcliffe's remark about Tom Brady's "Make America Great Again" hat is just "an easy excuse" to dislike the New England Patriots.

The Patriots will take on the Los Angeles Rams in Sunday night's Super Bowl, New England's third consecutive trip to the big game.

Radcliffe, of "Harry Potter" fame, recently told Variety that Brady -- a friend of President Trump -- should remove the hat from his locker.

The hat was spotted four years ago in Brady's locker during a TV interview.

"Take that MAGA hat out of your locker! I feel like that was the moment when as a country we were all like, 'Come on, dude! You're awesome...Don't put that in here,'" Radcliffe said.

https://insider.foxnews.com/2019/02/03/dave-portnoy-blasts-daniel-radcliffe-quip-about-tom-brady-maga-hat
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2019, 06:01:50 am »
First, congrats to the Pats and their fans.  Well done.

As a lifelong Eagles fan, I truly believe the Saints would have given the Patriots a better run for their money...oh well.

Here's to hoping that this is the last SB the Pats are in, so bored with the "matchup" from the AFC in the contest.

I was hoping for a Saints vs. Chiefs SB.  But the television execs. weren't going to have any of that.  That's why I believe this "game" was fixed.

Pi$$ on the NFL...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2019, 06:04:39 am »
A Saints fan....  (last post on this thread)

B-o-y-c-o-t-t-i-n-g

The Rams did not belong there. The Saints would have brought a much better game.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2019, 06:05:05 am »
This thread is a bit of a disappointment, @corbe.  Not one post mentioned the score.
@Cyber Liberty

13-3

"Lowest scoring SB, ever."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/super-bowl-liii-rams-vs-patriots

Happy?   :tongue2:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2019, 06:12:31 am »
The Rams did not belong there. The Saints would have brought a much better game.
:thumbsup:  You've echoed my thoughts as well...Pats wouldn't have won against the Saints.  So says an Eagles fan.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2019, 12:33:17 pm »

Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy said Saturday that actor Daniel Radcliffe's remark about Tom Brady's "Make America Great Again" hat is just "an easy excuse" to dislike the New England Patriots.

The Patriots will take on the Los Angeles Rams in Sunday night's Super Bowl, New England's third consecutive trip to the big game.

Radcliffe, of "Harry Potter" fame, recently told Variety that Brady -- a friend of President Trump -- should remove the hat from his locker.

The hat was spotted four years ago in Brady's locker during a TV interview.

"Take that MAGA hat out of your locker! I feel like that was the moment when as a country we were all like, 'Come on, dude! You're awesome...Don't put that in here,'" Radcliffe said.

https://insider.foxnews.com/2019/02/03/dave-portnoy-blasts-daniel-radcliffe-quip-about-tom-brady-maga-hat

Somebody needs to remind Daniel Radcliffe that he is a citizen of the UK and not the US.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2019, 02:21:36 pm »
Not to talk down the Rams but the Saints really should have been there, what flukey refereeing 2 weeks ago, a farce.

I assume this is an authentic picture.

I thought the Rams was way over there head in last nights game.  They where playing scared.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2019, 02:26:41 pm »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2019, 03:21:09 pm »
I have boycotted the NFL for three year with this Kaepernick nonsense.  This fool and those that followed him know little about this great nation, and I am tired of over compensated morons like him not appreciating exactly what this country has done for them, for their sport, etc.

Went out to eat last night at a Mexican restaurant, and they had the game on.  What little I saw while eating, it had to be the most boring game ever.  This SB has to have the worst viewership numbers ever.  Major yawn.  While I sat there, I did not pay much attention to the game, but I tried to catch the commercial, for which the SB is noted.  Even the commercials were boring.  Perhaps they have done just about everything you can think of in the commercial realm.

While viewership was up this year, it is still not what it once was, and this SB was pathetic.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2019, 03:51:05 pm »

:rolling:

What was with the deal with the stripping, anyway?  Weird.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2019, 03:53:58 pm »
Lowest-scoring Super Bowl becomes lowest-rated championship telecast since 2009
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/428323-lowest-scoring-super-bowl-becomes-lowest-rated-championship-telecast-since
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2019, 04:07:00 pm »
Lowest-scoring Super Bowl becomes lowest-rated championship telecast since 2009
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/428323-lowest-scoring-super-bowl-becomes-lowest-rated-championship-telecast-since

Consider that the rest of the season was up about 5%, and that's a net turnoff rate for this particular game of about 10%—huge by television standards.

And even a rating that high is one I find suspicious. There's been special sauce and flaws in the Nielsens for a while now.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2019, 04:09:04 pm »
Want to add another observation about Super Bowl LIII. That was the lamest Team Introduction. No huge fanfare, no dramatic team introduction like the one Kurt Russel did for the Broncos- Seahawk Game. Nope they just ran or walked out of the tunnel, through their normal flaming post and dispersed as the cameras all focused on the Man of the Year Award.

And how many times during the game did you hear the words "Social Justice". The Super Bowl and its ads have become the largest stage for the Social Justice activist and progressive causes.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2019, 04:11:44 pm »
I fell asleep early. Did I miss anything interesting during the game?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2019, 04:16:43 pm »

We were driving all day, in the middle of the desert so no radio coverage, which is fine because we don't much care for Football in general and the SB in particular.  I don't even know the final score, except that the Pats won.

BFD.   :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2019, 04:27:21 pm »
No.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2019, 05:07:26 pm »
Yawn to you too. Haven't you spoken some time about someone from your own home town in the NFL? Who was rude to you then? No one!  If you were the one who talked about a player from their own home town, then someone is being a hypocrite.

@mrpotatohead

8bs8

The YAWN was in reference to the game....not to you personally.
@TomSea
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 05:07:58 pm by mrpotatohead »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2019, 05:30:25 pm »

For awhile, I toggled between the Game and season 2 of MEDICI!

MEDICI ultimately won and it was more compelling.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2019, 06:39:52 pm »
For awhile, I toggled between the Game and season 2 of MEDICI!

MEDICI ultimately won and it was more compelling.

:laugh:
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2019, 10:36:50 pm »
It was even worse in New Orleans. Ratings were cut in half.
https://www.nola.com/saints/2019/02/super-bowl-ratings-plummet-as-who-dats-strike-back.html

I don't blame them.  It should have been the Saints/Patriots.  At least LA lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2019, 10:44:04 pm »
:rolling:

What was with the deal with the stripping, anyway?  Weird.

@Polly Ticks are you as hot as your Bitmoji or are you taking some liberties with some of the facial composite decisions?