Author Topic: Snopes pulls out of fact-checking partnership with Facebook  (Read 1112 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Snopes pulls out of fact-checking partnership with Facebook
« on: February 03, 2019, 03:13:43 pm »
The myth-busting website Snopes has ended a partnership with Facebook on fact-checking (AFP Photo/Lionel BONAVENTURE)

Washington (AFP) - Snopes, the popular myth-busting website, said Friday it was ending its fact-checking partnership with Facebook as part of a "difficult, but necessary change."

A Snopes statement said it was "evaluating the ramifications and costs of providing third-party fact-checking services," and wants the efforts to be "a net positive for our online community, publication, and staff."

The statement did not elaborate but Snopes vice president Vinny Green told the media education group Poynter the partnership was excessively labor intensive, requiring manual updates to fact checks by its staff of 16....

https://news.yahoo.com/snopes-pulls-fact-checking-partnership-facebook-222255874.html

:shrug:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Snopes pulls out of fact-checking partnership with Facebook
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 12:03:37 am »
I hopes Snopes goes brokes...

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 12:06:33 am »
Having Snopes verify the 'truth' of something is the same as submitting it to the DNC or CNN for approval.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 12:09:55 am »
I can't tell reading the article why they are really pulling out, but the comments suggest that Snopes doesn't want to be associated with FB.    :silly: