Author Topic: World’s Worst 5 Dictators of the 21st Century—Number 1 Makes Stalin Look Like Santa Claus  (Read 552 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt:

World’s Worst 5 Dictators of the 21st Century—Number 1 Makes Stalin Look Like Santa Claus
By Sunny Chao, Epoch Times

1. Jiang Zemin, China (in power 1989–2002)

Born in 1926, Jiang Zemin, also known as “The Toad,” spent his career climbing the ranks of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) by partaking in political maneuvering and kissing-up to high-level party officials. Genocide, however, has become his most notable legacy.

By the time of the Tiananmen Square Massacre in 1989, Jiang Zemin had become a third-tier, high-level official of the CCP. His show of support for the mass killing of students during the protests, in the wake of his predecessor who refused to do so, however, was what lifted him to become a top-tier official and leader of the CCP.

Jiang’s tenure as Party leader would be marked by massive corruption, political in-fighting, and environmental degradation—leading up to his most serious crimes that began at the turn of the century: genocide.

Read more at: https://www.theepochtimes.com/worlds-worst-5-dictators-of-the-21st-century-number-1-makes-stalin-look-like-santa-claus_2787938.html

The list.

1. Jiang Zemin, I recognize him more than remember the name
2. Kim Jong Un
3. Omar al-Bashir, Sudan, (Darfur, in the news a few years ago seems to be associated with him)
4. Robert Mugabe (out of power now versus what the linked article says)
5. Bashar al-Assad

Observation, no one in the Western hemisphere, no Castro, no Maduro and for the rest of the world, no Erdogan, no Mullahs on this last.

Offline dfwgator

You mean they didn't put Trump at #1?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This article reads:

Omar al-Bashir charged with Darfur genocide

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/jul/12/bashir-charged-with-darfur-genocide

A very memorable book I have read is one on the "Lost Boys" of Sudan, there are a number of these books, they some came to the USA. The article in the OP says this al Bashir targeted "non-Arabs" (though the book I read makes it clear, Arabs in Sudan are often Arab speaking but they are still black).

It wasn't this one, it was another but it was a great read.

They also had to fool with a lot of slavery as well.  Often Christians being sold into slavery.

So, now, there is a "South Sudan" but the war goes on... and it seems it is a more tribal war. 

By the way, in the book I read, the lad, the boy was just fleeing the trouble in Sudan. He wasn't a soldier or anything like on the book cover here. He only fled,  he was able to make it to a refugee camp in Kenya.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 06:01:24 am by TomSea »