Author Topic: Venezuelan general recognizes opposition leader Guaido as president  (Read 533 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
ARACAS (Reuters) - A high-ranking Venezuelan air force general said he had disavowed President Nicolas Maduro and now recognized opposition leader Juan Guaido as interim head-of-state, according to a video circulating on Twitter on Saturday.

In the video, General Francisco Yanez, a member of the air force’s high command, called on other members of the military to defect. The high command’s web page lists him, along with a photo, as the air force’s head of strategic planning.

On its Twitter account, the high command accused the general of treason. Yanez is the first active Venezuelan general to recognize Guaido since he proclaimed himself president on Jan. 23.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-venezuela-politics-general/venezuelan-general-recognizes-opposition-leader-guaido-as-president-twitter-video-idUSKCN1PR0E1
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Venezuelan general recognizes opposition leader Guaido as president
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 05:37:14 am »
Thank you for posting this story.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Venezuelan general recognizes opposition leader Guaido as president
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 09:53:20 am »
He's all in. That takes guts.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis