Author Topic: Pelosi’s Shutdown: Polls Shows Americans Blame Her for Shutdown, Not Trump  (Read 1691 times)

rangerrebew

Pelosi’s Shutdown: Polls Shows Americans Blame Her for Shutdown, Not Trump

We endured a record shutdown. Somehow, the bridges didn’t collapse. The military didn’t cave in on itself, and the IRS kept collecting taxes without batting an eye. As much as the left tried to tell you that the shutdown was a crisis (and that it was manufactured by President Trump), America barely noticed.

In reality, this was another example of the ineptitude of Capitol Hill. Congress has long acclimated us to its ineptitude. This shutdown was just another showing. Despite that, mainstream media outlets are more determined than ever to tell you what to think. They’re very proud of the massive win they scored.

The Mainstream Narrative

If you saw a single headline in the past week, it probably said some version of the same thing. Nancy Pelosi is the greatest hero in the history of America. Not only has she saved us from the tyranny of Trump, she has also spared us from the dismal future of racist policy. There will be no immoral walls built today! Not in Pelosi’s America!

https://freedomnewsreport.com/2019/01/31/pelosis-shutdown-polls-shows-americans-blame-her-for-shutdown-not-trump/

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Wretched, brain damaged hag.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That poll shows no such thing.  Bogus article.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
That poll shows no such thing.  Bogus article.

Not what I read.  What is also interesting is McConnells ratings.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Not what I read.  What is also interesting is McConnells ratings.

Polls show congress has a shitty approval rating.   Apples and oranges to say Pelosi is more to blame in the shutdown flustercuck

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Polls show congress has a shitty approval rating.   Apples and oranges to say Pelosi is more to blame in the shutdown flustercuck

I don't recall, in my life, Congress ever having a "good" rating.  Best I ever saw was around 25-30%.

The old bromide is, "Congress sucks, except for MY Rep who's fabulous!"  This explains the >90% reelection rate for an entity that usually polls <20%.

(Disclaimer:  I don't believe polls unless they are this lopsided.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Mesaclone

Yes, congress has a shitty approval rating. That's not the point of this poll.

The point, and why it is at least partially true to say that Pelosi is getting the blame, is the tremendous drop in HER approval ratings. That's not a coincidence, and it IS a significant change from her approval prior to the shutdown...so there's obviously a strong correlation and at least partial causation.

So its more like comparing Granny Apples to Golden Delicious Apples...they are different but not so different as to render them incomparable.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online libertybele

Polls are skewed and pretty much useless.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mesaclone

Polls are skewed and pretty much useless.

That's simplistic nonsense.

Polls are as good as the method and intentions of the pollster...the fact that so many misinterpret poll results or believe them to be predictive is the problem.

Offline Wingnut

That's simplistic nonsense.

Polls are as good as the method and intentions of the pollster...the fact that so many misinterpret poll results or believe them to be predictive is the problem.

Oh Please.  Polls are the fake news of todays agenda drivers.

Online libertybele

:beer:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mesaclone

I suppose mathematics seem to be gibberish to a chimpanzee. The use of a tool...mathematics or polling for example, is limited by the knowledge and intentions of the tool user.

Online libertybele

I suppose mathematics seem to be gibberish to a chimpanzee. The use of a tool...mathematics or polling for example, is limited by the knowledge and intentions of the tool user.

:rolling: :rolling:  Looks like the chimpanzee "users" aren't too smart.  The polls were so accurate in predicting Romney's win and more recently, Clinton's.   :silly:

Offline Mesaclone

:rolling: :rolling:  Looks like the chimpanzee "users" aren't too smart.  The polls were so accurate in predicting Romney's win and more recently, Clinton's.   :silly:

The fact that there are inaccurate polls, does not mean that all polls are inaccurate. The fact that the media puts out "push" polls with a deliberately slanted outcome does not invalidate all polls. And the fact that many misinterpret the meaning of polls, does not mean that everyone is unable to use polls to gage public opinion effectively.

Your argument is akin to saying that because Vegas gets a betting line wrong on occasion, it is always wrong when it sets the spread for athletic events...logic and scientific method would argue that that is a childish and ignorant opinion. Foolish people often dismiss that which they do not understand.

As it turns out, the internal polling of the Trump campaign was very much on the right track with regards to the upper midwest states...and is what prompted him to heavily engage in that area...leading to his victory. Polls are not predictors, nor are they Gospel...they provide probabilities in a given moment in time IF their methodology is sound and they are not deliberately being used to achieve a desired result. The process is complex and imperfect...and incredibly useful to a campaign and/or candidate.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 03:24:30 pm by Mesaclone »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Polls are not predictors, nor are they Gospel...they provide probabilities in a given moment in time IF their methodology is sound and they are not deliberately being used to achieve a desired result. The process is complex and imperfect...and incredibly useful to a campaign and/or candidate.

This right here ^^^^^^^^^^^.

Because I know polls by news organizations are used to push public opinion, rather than just measure it, I won't trust the reporting on any of them.  The ones I'd be inclined to trust are the kind I'll never see.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mesaclone

This right here ^^^^^^^^^^^.

Because I know polls by news organizations are used to push public opinion, rather than just measure it, I won't trust the reporting on any of them.  The ones I'd be inclined to trust are the kind I'll never see.

I agree with you on that for the most part.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
:beer:

We can't rely on polls but it is foolish to dismiss them out of hand.  They give us a hint of what is going on, some more than others.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online libertybele

We can't rely on polls but it is foolish to dismiss them out of hand.  They give us a hint of what is going on, some more than others.

No.  We cannot rely on polls.  A polling entity will skew that poll to the left or even right and question a demographic that they know will give them the desired results. The MSM and polls pretty much got Bammy elected the first time around.  The second time around, in his infinite wisdom, Rove went on the air with all kinds of charts and b.s.polls  that continued to show that Romney was clearly ahead and would win with no problem.   So, no, polls don't give us a hint of what is truly going on.

Offline Mesaclone

No.  We cannot rely on polls.  A polling entity will skew that poll to the left or even right and question a demographic that they know will give them the desired results. The MSM and polls pretty much got Bammy elected the first time around.  The second time around, in his infinite wisdom, Rove went on the air with all kinds of charts and b.s.polls  that continued to show that Romney was clearly ahead and would win with no problem.   So, no, polls don't give us a hint of what is truly going on.

Just plain wrong on all counts. THE TRICK IS TO LOOK DEEPLY INTO THE INTERNALS OF A POLL...the sampling methodology, the phrasing, and the screening method...as well as the historical performance of a particular pollster. You must also distinguish between polling types...All Adults...Registered Voters...Likely Voters.

To dismiss ALL polls because Karl Rove is an idiot...is not rational.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I agree with you on that for the most part.

I think the basis for our agreement is, it's the reporting of polls that is messed up, not necessarily a flaw in the polls themselves.
I will NOT comply.