Author Topic: DeSantis Kicks Off Deregathon in Orlando  (Read 1713 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

DeSantis Kicks Off Deregathon in Orlando
« on: February 02, 2019, 12:45:38 am »
DeSantis Kicks Off Deregathon in Orlando
Sunshine State News, Feb 1, 2019

Gov. Ron DeSantis kicked off the start of Deregathon Thursday alongside First Lady Casey DeSantis, Lt. Gov. Jeanette Nuñez and Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) Secretary Halsey Beshears at Valencia College in Orlando.

The one-day event held in conjunction with Florida’s Professional Licensing Boards aims to find solutions to harmful regulations facing Floridians, to strengthen the state’s economy.

“We’re working hard to reduce barriers to opportunity for the people of Florida.” said DeSantis. “Florida needs a licensure system that protects consumers but doesn’t put up roadblocks for people to succeed. Bold and appropriate deregulation will continue to be a top priority of my administration and we’re looking forward to getting the job done to open new opportunities for Floridians.”

“Small Businesses are the backbone of our economy, which is why it is essential the State of Florida focus on paring back burdensome regulation,” said Lieutenant Governor Jeanette Nuñez. “This will not only spur more economic growth, it will remove burdens holding back many of Florida’s industries. Cutting red tape will help create a climate that is good for both those starting a business, and those growing one. The idea is to reduce bureaucracy in order to allow individuals and businesses to regain control, develop the workforce and boost innovation for our great state.”

More:  http://sunshinestatenews.com/story/desantis-kicks-deregathon-orlando?utm_source=February+1+2019&utm_campaign=Morning+Lead+1%2F30%2F19&utm_medium=email

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: DeSantis Kicks Off Deregathon in Orlando
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 12:45:54 am »
This guy's rolling!  :patriot:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 12:59:08 am »
This guy's rolling!  :patriot:

I had a lot of reservations about him,  but so far, he rocks!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 01:06:54 am »
I had a lot of reservations about him,  but so far, he rocks!

Is that a crack on the Seminoles?  :cool:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 01:16:24 am »
Is that a crack on the Seminoles?  :cool:

Let's just say I'm glad he scalped Gollum.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 01:28:18 am »
“Florida needs a licensure system that protects consumers but doesn’t put up roadblocks for people to succeed.

Wish they would remove the stupid continuing education requirement for PE licensure they started a couple years ago.  1 hour in Florida engineering laws, 1 hour in ethics and 4 hours in your area of practice I'm down with, but they also require an additional 12 hours in any area of engineering which is the stupid part.