Author Topic: As measles outbreak spreads, one anti- vaxxer asks how to keep her child safe  (Read 1314 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
After a measles outbreak, sparked by a rise in the number of unvaccinated children, led to a state of emergency in the Pacific Northwest, health officials across the country in Georgia confirmed this week that three people in the Atlanta area have been diagnosed with the highly contagious virus.

None of the three were vaccinated.

Officials are once again urging immunization, particularly in the pockets that have seen a spike in parents refusing to vaccinate their children.

The disease was declared eliminated in the U.S. in 2000 thanks to a successful vaccine program, but there’s been a recent spike in reported cases, according to the World Health Organization, as vaccination rates continue to tumble.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/as-measles-outbreak-spreads-one-anti--vaxxer-asks-how-to-keep-her-child-safe-2019-01-31
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The disease was declared eliminated in the U.S. in 2000
Oops.

If they'd really eliminated it, we wouldn't need vaccination anymore, would we? After all, nobody gets polio or smallpox vaccines anymore.

Someone messed up.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
After a measles outbreak, sparked by a rise in the number of unvaccinated children, led to a state of emergency in the Pacific Northwest, health officials across the country in Georgia confirmed this week that three people in the Atlanta area have been diagnosed with the highly contagious virus.

None of the three were vaccinated.

Officials are once again urging immunization, particularly in the pockets that have seen a spike in parents refusing to vaccinate their children.

The disease was declared eliminated in the U.S. in 2000 thanks to a successful vaccine program, but there’s been a recent spike in reported cases, according to the World Health Organization, as vaccination rates continue to tumble.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/as-measles-outbreak-spreads-one-anti--vaxxer-asks-how-to-keep-her-child-safe-2019-01-31

I've been following this story. Mostly to see how it spreads. 41 cases now. Might make for a poll. Should people be forced to vaccinate their kids?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Oops.

If they'd really eliminated it, we wouldn't need vaccination anymore, would we? After all, nobody gets polio or smallpox vaccines anymore.

Someone messed up.

Study up on the herd immunity.  It will help you understand why.

Offline thackney

Oops.

Someone messed up.

Yep, it is called an "open border".
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Oops.

Someone messed up.

It was eliminated in the United States.  Not so much elsewhere. 

Offline skeeter

Yep, it is called an "open border".

Yes, and the media will do everything in their power to avoid mentioning that.

Online Wingnut

It was eliminated in the United States.  Not so much elsewhere.

As we slide into becoming a third world country we will suffer all the illnesses that we eradicated generations ago.  Ain't diversity and open boarders great. Lets all sing.
 Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya
Oh, Lord, kumbaya (oh, Lord, kumbaya)

Someone's cryin', Lord, kumbaya
Oh, Lord, kumbaya

Online Polly Ticks

I've been following this story. Mostly to see how it spreads. 41 cases now. Might make for a poll. Should people be forced to vaccinate their kids?

Nobody should be forced to vaccinate their child, no.  Having said that, I've no problem with applying societal pressure to encourage them to do so, like prohibiting non-vaccinated children from attending a public school or a regulated childcare facility of any sort.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Oops.

Someone messed up.
Well the quote did say "was declared eliminated in the U.S. in 2000", now when you add all the illegals who never even saw a vaccination in their lives, their unvaccinated children and throw them into the mix with a hot bed of anti vaxxers what do you expect? What other diseases that were declared vaccinated out of existence in America will raise their ugly heads thanks to our uninvited guests?