Author Topic: Cuomo Argues in Favor of Allowing the Banning of MAGA Hat Wearers from Businesses  (Read 924 times)

rangerrebew

Cuomo Argues in Favor of Allowing the Banning of MAGA Hat Wearers from Businesses
By Nicholas Fondacaro | February 1, 2019 12:11 AM EST

The Media Research Center has extensively documented CNN’s hatred for Trump supporters over the last few years. But during Thursday’s Prime Time, host Chris Cuomo made a serious argument in support for allowing businesses to ban people wearing MAGA hats under the auspices of it being triggering. If that wasn’t bad enough, CNN Tonight host Don Lemon justified applying prejudices against those wearing the hats as well.

The impetus for Cuomo’s argument a “chef in San Mateo, California saying ‘you wear that hat into my place you're not getting service.’” According to Cuomo, the concern was the “legality and then the appropriateness” of banning MAGA hat wearers. And “Cuomo’s [kangaroo] court” found the chef in the right on both fronts.

After Lemon pointed out that it was legal to ban Trump supporters in hats, Cuomo entered a rhetorical debate with himself:

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2019/02/01/cuomo-argues-favor-allowing-banning-maga-hat-wearers

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Must resist urge to buy MAGA hat...
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Guy just oozes grease.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline dfwgator

Republican Hat

Democrat Hat

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, he has shown contempt for the 2nd Amendment, why not the 1st?

Anti-American putz.

Keep in mind that Trump's primary residence is in NYC.

(I'd move.)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 07:00:14 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Mario is letting his inner guinea Mafia goombah come out.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

The Dems can't even get the analogy to the Colorado baker right. The baker didn't refuse to serve a customer...he refused to bake a kind of product the customer requested. That is no different than any other business refusing to bake/make something a customer requested for whatever reason the business chooses.
Phillips was willing to sell whatever he baked to whomever wanted it...on his terms. If I run a business only manufacturing Christian items, no one can make sell something with Satanic-themed items.
Nevertheless, the restaurant owner who kicked out the people wearing MAGA hats was perfectly within his rights to do so. If you can refuse service to people not wearing shoes or wearing skimpy clothes, you have the right to refuse service to anybody wearing a particular kind of clothing...including hats with political messages on them you don't like.
If the customer really wants service, he merely has to take off his hat. Or he can go to another restaurant.
Your business may suffer greatly  from denying service to people wearing articles of clothing with political messages on them you don't like, but that is your right.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Cuomo better be careful as the laws of unintended consequences will certainly surface.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 08:19:34 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
Can a business ban bleep hats or rainbow hats?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Can a business ban bleep hats or rainbow hats?
If they can ban MAGA hats, the precedent is established.
 Those wearing Che T-shirts will NOT be served and will be asked to leave.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis