Author Topic: Sasse says Virginia Gov. Northam should 'get the hell out of office' in wake of abortion comments  (Read 1404 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sasse says Virginia Gov. Northam should 'get the hell out of office' in wake of abortion comments
Andrew O'Reilly

Nebraska GOP Sen. Ben Sasse, in an interview Thursday with Fox News, ramped up his criticism of Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam over comments on a controversial late-term abortion bill -- saying the governor effectively discussed "infanticide" and should resign if he won't back down.

Sasse, a pro-life Republican, said Northam’s comments were “morally repugnant” and argued the Democratic governor should “get the hell out of office” if he doesn’t support protecting the life of a child who survived an abortion.

“The comments the governor of Virginia made were about fourth-term abortions,” Sasse said on Fox News’ “The Daily Briefing with Dana Perino.” “That’s not abortion, that’s infanticide.”

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sasse-tells-virginia-gov-northam-to-get-the-hell-of-office-in-wake-of-abortion-comments

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
The Bill didn't pass and Sasse is correct.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

I have a problem with a NE Senator telling an out of state official what to do.

Offline Chosen Daughter

You have a problem with Ben Sasse period.  But just for the sake of argument should you comment on anything outside your state?  I would say the same thing Sasse say's.  He needs to be gone.  The guy was promoting murder.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

You have a problem with Ben Sasse period.  But just for the sake of argument should you comment on anything outside your state?  I would say the same thing Sasse say's.  He needs to be gone.  The guy was promoting murder.

For that matter so is Tran, who made an idiotic comment about not reading the text. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Sasse says Virginia Gov. Northam should 'get the hell out of office' in wake of abortion comments"

The guy is probably gonna be re-elected easily.

Offline Chosen Daughter

For that matter so is Tran, who made an idiotic comment about not reading the text.

This could be a stupid question but who is Tran?

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Well, he's my governor and I welcome condemnation and urging him to resign from the rest of the country, the world, Mars, Venus, and the rest of the solar system.  He's a sorry POS.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

@Chosen Daughter

A Fairfax delegate, Kathy Tran, who went viral the day before Northam opened his mouth.  She was pushing her bill and was forced to admit she would allow abortions right up to the last minute.

https://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/government-politics/general-assembly/va-republicans-share-video-of-lawmaker-backing-late-term-abortions/article_b309f2aa-535c-5f9f-98bf-7e5e5f64bbd9.html
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline TomSea

Unbelievable, check this out!

Caterpillars, that like goes to the Orient, I'm thinking she's Vietnamese.

Hey, what these people are doing is trying to climb the ladder of power or at least, advancement in the Democrat party doing this stuff.  In some of these cases, I don't even think they are deeply interested in the subject at hand, it's sort of a job.  And, yes, that's pitiful.

I won't say Vietnamese tend towards being conservative but I would say a fair number are.

@KatofAragon
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 03:12:03 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

If you take away the so-called friction there has been with Trump-Sasse and I don't know of much, it really hasn't been big news, me? I"m just judging how he's doing his job with my own "Conservative Review" types of ratings in my head. Is he being a good conservative?  By the way, his CR (conservative review) rating, the last I checked was at 92%. It's a pretty useless rating at times, it's not gospel but it's something.

Whenever I hear him he sounds good. A lot of people don't like Rubio or Graham because they were in the gang of 8 but they both say a lot of good things.

We all evolve, immigration today is even spoken of differently than say in 2012, it's more up front in how we talk about it except with the dreaded opposition. We are probably better informed about it as a topic.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

She's feeding them nightshade and making a skin suit.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 03:28:44 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

I can comment on anything I GD please because A) I am not a public servant for any particular state and B) I'm not ignoring problems in my own backyard while I am trying to make hollow political points about my neighbors.

BTW eff Ben Sasse.

Offline Frank Cannon

It's real stupid if you are trying to make an informed comment on this thread.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Caterpillars, that like goes to the Orient, I'm thinking she's Vietnamese.

Hey, what these people are doing is trying to climb the ladder of power or at least, advancement in the Democrat party doing this stuff.  In some of these cases, I don't even think they are deeply interested in the subject at hand, it's sort of a job.  And, yes, that's pitiful.

I won't say Vietnamese tend towards being conservative but I would say a fair number are.

@KatofAragon

@TomSea

I had to look it up—yes, she’s from Vietnam, or her family is.

She and Northam might have gotten Trump re-elected on their own.  This is next-level evil. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

No fan of Sasse, but when he's right, he's right.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

"Sasse says Virginia Gov. Northam should 'get the hell out of office' in wake of abortion comments"

The guy is probably gonna be re-elected easily.

He's gone. The Rats have their black SJW Lt. Gov ready to take over.

Offline dfwgator

Well, he's my governor and I welcome condemnation and urging him to resign from the rest of the country, the world, Mars, Venus, and the rest of the solar system.  He's a sorry POS.

My anger is with the GOP idiots that probably knew full well about this yearbook and decided to sit on it, because they wanted to take the 'High Road'.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Now the Dems have joined the chorus when the racist photos surfaced.

Fellow Dems Call for Va. Gov  to Resign Over Racist Yearbook Photo

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/us-governor-klan-blackface/2019/02/01/id/900914/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline TomSea

It was no problem though, for all of the Democrats to tell him to leave office because of putting a Klan outfit on and/or wearing black face. I'm sure one commented on that as well.