Author Topic: Should You Try Whole Body Cryotherapy?  (Read 602 times)

Online corbe

Should You Try Whole Body Cryotherapy?
« on: January 31, 2019, 09:29:23 pm »
Should You Try Whole Body Cryotherapy?

The chilling procedure is promoted as way to lose weight, boost energy and more. Does it work?

By Anna Medaris Miller, Staff Writer Jan. 31, 2019, at 2:55 p.m.

Leasha West's body has been through the wringer.

As a U.S. Marine Corps veteran and former combat instructor, she hiked 15-plus miles several times a week with a 150-pound pack on her back. The bottoms of her feet turned raw and blistered, her toenails fell off, her legs went numb. "It's not uncommon to have blood in your stool" from the training regimen, says West, who served from 1998 to 2002. "My body took a serious beating."

But the 45-year-old – who lives in Kalamazoo, Michigan – hasn't stopped. In addition to working toward her MBA while running her own financial services and insurance agency, she regularly lifts weights and swims.

And, for a few minutes almost every morning for the past three years, she's stepped, nearly naked, into a negative 250 degree F (or colder) chamber. That's more than twice as cold as dry ice.

"It's the best way to start (the day)," says West, who pays $169 a month for unlimited treatments – called whole body cryotherapy – although single sessions can run up to $100 in some areas of the country. What for? Initially, to ease her back pain and muscle stiffness after hearing rave reviews from her professional athlete clients. But West has continued the treatments because she finds they lead to benefits including more energy and focus, a boosted metabolism, improved tolerance to cold and pain, faster-growing hair and nails, younger-looking skin and sounder sleep."I can really tell the difference ... when I skip a few days," she says.

<..snip..>

https://health.usnews.com/wellness/articles/should-you-try-whole-body-cryotherapy
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.