Author Topic: U mad, little man? Study claims short men are angrier, more prone to violence  (Read 3719 times)

Offline berdie

One advantage a smaller guy has, is he may be underestimated regarding"fighting" ability.

That advantage grows, if he is skilled in fighting; boxing, wrestling, etc.

I remember more than one small guy from East LA-Whittier street fighting ranks, stand bravely before big guys, ready to disect them in seconds.

One was a Japanese-American guy (vet) that grew up among Hispanic gang fighters. He was tiny, but fearless incl. used martial arts.

Some others* were white guys, that had always needed to be tough, to hold their on against Hispanic bad boys.

Small, very fast and very agressive is often the opening act of "the bigger they are, the harder they fall."

* one such spent 37years in US Army combat arms assignments, retiring with 3 stars.

When I was in high school (a million years ago) the word spread that Cecil (a little bitty guy) and Glen ( a big guy) were going to fight.  I don't remember why. So all of us that were Cecil's friends went to watch the fight so we could take him to the hospital afterwards. Of course the end of this story is predictable...Cecil flitted around Glen like a flea on a dog...and beat him silly. Best fight I ever saw...no martial arts or anything else...just sheer speed. (I didn't dislike Glen...but it SEEMED unfair at the time...taught me a lesson.)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

When I was in high school (a million years ago) the word spread that Cecil (a little bitty guy) and Glen ( a big guy) were going to fight.  I don't remember why. So all of us that were Cecil's friends went to watch the fight so we could take him to the hospital afterwards. Of course the end of this story is predictable...Cecil flitted around Glen like a flea on a dog...and beat him silly. Best fight I ever saw...no martial arts or anything else...just sheer speed. (I didn't dislike Glen...but it SEEMED unfair at the time...taught me a lesson.)

That day Cecil earned himself a reputation and gained respect.

Hopefully he was smart enough to be worried about a small guy, that was even tougher than he was.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln