Author Topic: Trump: 'Time will prove' I am right in fight with intel chiefs  (Read 254 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: 'Time will prove' I am right in fight with intel chiefs
« on: January 31, 2019, 09:16:41 pm »
Trump: 'Time will prove' I am right in fight with intel chiefs
By Jordan Fabian - 01/31/19 01:29 PM EST

President Trump on Thursday declined to offer a vote of confidence to his intelligence chiefs, who recently gave testimony at odds with his views on global threats.

“I disagree with certain things that they said,” Trump said when asked if he has confidence in Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and CIA Director Gina Haspel.

“I think I’m right,” he added. “Time will prove me right, probably.”

The comments show the president’s frustration with his top intelligence officials amid intense media coverage of a congressional hearing earlier this week in which they said North Korea is unlikely to give up its nuclear weapons, Iran is complying with the Obama-era nuclear deal and the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) still poses a grave threat.

Trump rejected their findings in a string of tweets on Wednesday, writing “perhaps Intelligence should go back to school!”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/427883-trump-time-wil-prove-i-am-right-in-fight-with-intel-chiefs
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34