Author Topic: Rush: Kentucky Governor Blasted for Telling the Truth  (Read 1065 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Kentucky Governor Blasted for Telling the Truth
« on: January 31, 2019, 09:09:39 pm »

Kentucky Governor Blasted for Telling the Truth

Jan 31, 2019

RUSH: The governor of Kentucky is a man by the name of Matt Bevin, and Matt Bevin said that America is getting soft after hearing that some schools were closing in the Louisville area due to the bitter cold weather. Wind chill temperatures in the Louisville area were expected to drop as low as minus-20 degrees Wednesday and stay below zero most of the day. The governor, Matt Bevin, made the comments Tuesday on the radio.

He said, “Now we cancel school for cold? I mean…?” The host said, “Deep freeze! This is serious business!” The governor said, “Come on, now. I mean, there’s no ice going with it or any snow. I mean, what happened to America? We’re getting soft. We’re getting soft.” He was immediately attacked by the weather guy on the Today show, Al “Joker.” You have to call ’em “weather guys” because they’re not weathermen. They’re not real meteorologists.

They may have a meteorology certificate that they can post on the screen, but they’re the weather guy, the weather girl, the weather woman, what have you. So anyway, “What do you think about that? We’re closing school when the wind chill is minus 20?” I imagine a lot of parents are not going to like Governor Bevin because to parents (sniveling), “Their children are their babieeees (sobbing) and they shouldn’t have to suffer any hardship at all! (wailing) It’s just not fair. It’s not right! Oh, my God. Oh, my God, what are we gonna do? We don’t want ’em at home, either, but…” and so forth.

So I tell you, it’s fascinating to me how so many people have come down on the governor for claiming that we’re going soft. This is not the first time. Remember they canceled an NFL game because snow was in the forecast in Philadelphia? What was that? That’s four or five years ago now. It was a Sunday night game on NBC. The governor said that he was being only slightly facetious in this, that he really means it. “It is better to err on the side of safety,” he said.

“But it does concern me a little bit that in America on this and any number of other fronts we’re sending messages to young people that if life is hard, you can curl up in the fetal position somewhere in a warm place and just wait ’til it stops being hard — and that just isn’t reality. It just isn’t.” And then there were people tweeting, “I’d like to see the governor prove how hard he is by standing outside for 30 minutes tomorrow morning as if you’re waiting for a bus with less-than-adequate clothing like many of Kentucky’s students would have been due to their lack of resources.”

Yeah. Look, the guy’s got a point. You people won’t remember half of this stuff, but I remember in Half-Baked Moon Bay out in California they once canceled homework. You know why they canceled homework? Because not every student had a suitable home to do homework, and thus it wasn’t fair that students who had homes could do homework, whereas students that had less-than-desirable homes would not have an able to do homework and would thus be academically behind. So they canceled homework.

I don’t think that it’s deniable that throughout much of our culture there has been a softening. Not everywhere. By no means everywhere.

But in certain segments, there is no question that there has been.

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/01/31/kentucky-governor-blasted-for-telling-the-truth/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Rush: Kentucky Governor Blasted for Telling the Truth
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 09:29:49 pm »
I bet half the Karens cheering Rush is right would also be screaming to high heaven if the schools were open and they had to wait out in -20 weather in school pick up lines.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 09:39:10 pm »
I will vote for Matt Bevin for any office he chooses to seek that I have a voice in!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 10:41:41 pm »
School district where I grew up in the 70s wouldn't cancel school unless the air temperature went below -20F. That's air temperature, not wind chill. On those few mornings when the temp was that low, they still didn't cancel... just delayed for an hour or two, until it "warmed up".

Riding the bus on those days was definitely not fun.
Let it burn.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 10:48:52 pm »
-20 F is deadly cold

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 11:02:57 pm »
-20 F is deadly cold

Only if you are unprepared for winter.  There is a reason snowbirds fly south for the winter.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 11:17:28 am »
-20 F is deadly cold
Yeah, it can be if you aren't prepared for it.

When they were younger we'd have to call the kids in so they would put on gloves and hats while riding their bicycles in -30. They especially liked the squeech the snow made when they rode on it. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 11:31:04 am »
I like Matt Bevin. I voted for Matt Bevin.   Having said that, he should have said that school was canceled due to fear of litigation rather than "going soft".  If the bus is 10 minutes late and little Johnny gets frost-bitten fingers, little Johnny's parents are going to retain the services of a personal injury attorney and take JCPS to court.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra