Author Topic: Ford Ranger Demand Is Absolutely Unhinged, Ford Already Scheduling 'Massive Overtime'  (Read 5560 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Wonder if they will make a B2000 also.  While they are at it how about bringing back the Pinto of trucks, the Courier

LOL. The Courier. Those pieces were getting warranty work done on them just from being lot driven by dealers before they were sold.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
LOL. The Courier. Those pieces were getting warranty work done on them just from being lot driven by dealers before they were sold.
How 'bout a Chevy, Er, Isuzu LUV? I bet David Leisure would love to bring back 'Joe Isuzu'.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They were Ford's version of the Vega.  It rusted on the showroom floors.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Confirmed: Ford Ranger Raptor Will Not Be Sold in the US
http://www.thedrive.com/news/24336/confirmed-ford-ranger-raptor-will-not-be-sold-in-the-us

That's too bad.  I guess I'll be hanging on to my older. low-mileage Fords for a bit longer.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I wouldn't mind a small truck for the occasional chores (like picking up 30 bags of mulch). Especially with the price of new trucks hitting $50K plus. I suspect though, this new batch of small trucks won't be economically priced like they were in the past.

Offline GrouchoTex

How 'bout a Chevy, Er, Isuzu LUV? I bet David Leisure would love to bring back 'Joe Isuzu'.

LOL, I had an Izusu truck.
I couldn't kill it.
I gave it to my daughter, after I put 165,000 on it.
She wrecked it, told me it was totaled.
I took her word for it.
She was wrong.
I saw it going down the road a few years later, same truck.

When I gave her the truck, I bought a Ranger.
I bought one because I wanted another small truck.
I talked to 3 different owners who had 150,000 to 250,000 mile on them.
Well, I must have bought one built on a Monday morning or a Friday afternoon, because I started have issues @ 37K.
I traded it in, in 2006, still owing 1-1/2 years of notes on the Ranger, for a Toyota.
I'm still driving that Toyota.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
LOL, I had an Izusu truck.
I couldn't kill it.
I gave it to my daughter, after I put 165,000 on it.
She wrecked it, told me it was totaled.
I took her word for it.
She was wrong.
I saw it going down the road a few years later, same truck.

That Isuzu had more US Domestic content than the Chevies did back then.

I'd give your daughter a pass on the totaled car thing.  Insurance companies often put cars they've "totaled" on the auction block to be resold to somebody who doesn't mind fixing it well enough to run, but not up the the specs the Insurance company would have had to in order to restore the car to the condition it was before the crash.  That would explain why you saw the same car back on the road.  The new owner may have even done the body work himself.

A "totaled" car is not always a quick trip to a car crusher.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline GrouchoTex

That Isuzu had more US Domestic content than the Chevies did back then.

I'd give your daughter a pass on the totaled car thing.  Insurance companies often put cars they've "totaled" on the auction block to be resold to somebody who doesn't mind fixing it well enough to run, but not up the the specs the Insurance company would have had to in order to restore the car to the condition it was before the crash.  That would explain why you saw the same car back on the road.  The new owner may have even done the body work himself.

A "totaled" car is not always a quick trip to a car crusher.

I hear ya.
If I had still owned it, I'd have checked it out.

Offline thackney

I wouldn't mind a small truck for the occasional chores (like picking up 30 bags of mulch). Especially with the price of new trucks hitting $50K plus. I suspect though, this new batch of small trucks won't be economically priced like they were in the past.

Ford Ranger starts at $24,300 MSRP.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I hear ya.
If I had still owned it, I'd have checked it out.

Understandable.  One does not need to accept the "totaled" designation and give the car up to the insurance company. 
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Ford Ranger starts at $24,300 MSRP.

Too much.   It should start at 19K

Offline Resp3

You can buy a base model Frontier for about 19K.

But why? That truck is 15 years old. The Ranger is worth the extra money.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

You haven't bought a new truck lately, have you?

Offline Frank Cannon

All those small trucks were shit, but Chevy Luvs were better than that Currier and people still run those Luv shitboxes today. I haven't seen a Currier live and in person since Reagan was President.

Sorry...

Offline Frank Cannon

Exactly. They need to leave room in a buyers budget for AAA towing service.

Online Wingnut

You haven't bought a new truck lately, have you?

If you mean one of those $50k Texas Edition POS urban cowboy poser trucks for the shit kickers....  No I havent.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
If you mean one of those $50k Texas Edition POS urban cowboy poser trucks for the shit kickers....  No I havent.

No, I drive a fairly basic Chevy.  Not the big, testosterone laden ones.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No, I drive a fairly basic Chevy.  Not the big, testosterone laden ones.

Are those big ones "toxic?"   :laugh:
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

Are those big ones "toxic?"   :laugh:

Only if they have the velour seats.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Only if they have the velour seats.

Any guy who has seats like that should be poisoned.  Probably.
I will NOT comply.

Offline GtHawk

Understandable.  One does not need to accept the "totaled" designation and give the car up to the insurance company.
How times change, I had '70 Delmonte 88 a guy ran into me and the insurance company totaled it wrote me a minuscule check and said keep it, same thing happened with '72 Lincoln(damn drunk Irishmen). But a few years later my 85 Jeep Grand Wagoneer decided to play barbecue while my wife was driving and the insurance told me that I was welcome to submit a sealed bid if I wanted it. Hell the windshield didn't even crack, interior was smoky but cherry and the car was just to valuable for parts, I really miss that car.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How times change, I had '70 Delmonte 88 a guy ran into me and the insurance company totaled it wrote me a minuscule check and said keep it, same thing happened with '72 Lincoln(damn drunk Irishmen). But a few years later my 85 Jeep Grand Wagoneer decided to play barbecue while my wife was driving and the insurance told me that I was welcome to submit a sealed bid if I wanted it. Hell the windshield didn't even crack, interior was smoky but cherry and the car was just to valuable for parts, I really miss that car.

For me, it wold depend on why it's totaled. If it's because of a bent Unibody frame, I'd let it go no matter what I could salvage from it, it's Effed.  Maybe if I could keep the drive train...maybe.  If the frame is bent, screw it.  No matter what Collision Repair tells me, it can't be fixed.

They will promise the moon, but it will still drive cockeyed down the road.  They lie.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

But a few years later my 85 Jeep Grand Wagoneer decided to play barbecue while my wife was driving and the insurance told me that I was welcome to submit a sealed bid if I wanted it. Hell the windshield didn't even crack, interior was smoky but cherry and the car was just to valuable for parts, I really miss that ca[/size]r.

You can pick them wagoneers up around here a dime a dozen... My boy just got one for 300 bucks... He's putting it back together. All it needed was a crank sensor.

Offline GtHawk

For me, it wold depend on why it's totaled. If it's because of a bent Unibody frame, I'd let it go no matter what I could salvage from it, it's Effed.  Maybe if I could keep the drive train...maybe.  If the frame is bent, screw it.  No matter what Collision Repair tells me, it can't be fixed.

They will promise the moon, but it will still drive cockeyed down the road.  They lie.
Well with the Jeep my brother had a 87 model and very active kids, my burner had a great interior, new tires on the rims, a great drive train aside from the top end damage and pretty much everything was interchangeable. I have seen shyster work from supposedly reputable body shops, one did repairs to my daughters Honda lease car after a jerk backed into her broadside. When she turned in the lease a year later the adjuster told her it should have never gone back on the road and wrote it off as totaled. A year of her driving it with her child 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000

Offline GtHawk

You can pick them wagoneers up around here a dime a dozen... My boy just got one for 300 bucks... He's putting it back together. All it needed was a crank sensor.
Yeah unfortunately my days of affording gas for that beast are long gone in California. I had a forty gallon aftermarket tank in the sucker so when I wanted to go somewhere I had real range.