Author Topic: Ford Ranger Demand Is Absolutely Unhinged, Ford Already Scheduling 'Massive Overtime'  (Read 5564 times)

Offline thackney

Ford Ranger Demand Is Absolutely Unhinged, Ford Already Scheduling 'Massive Overtime'
https://jalopnik.com/ford-ranger-demand-is-absolutely-unhinged-ford-already-1832228163

1st Gear: Ford Putting 90 Percent of Capital Into Trucks and SUVs
Remember all of those years when enthusiasts mourned the loss of the Ford Ranger? Our time is now. President of Ford’s North American Operations, Kumar Galhotra, told reporters in Detroit on Wednesday that the company has such demand for the new Ranger that it’s already planning “massive overtime” to meet it. Ford considers its production capacity completely see-saw’d in the wrong direction, per a Bloomberg wire report:

Ford and General Motors Co. are slashing production of sedans and small cars, as automakers struggle with the collapse of demand for the traditional family car that has left them with excess factory capacity to make 3 million of those unwanted models. At the same time, they are boosting production of trucks and sport-utility vehicles to meet booming demand.

Galhotra said Ford is now putting 90 percent of its capital expenditure into producing trucks and SUVs. He didn’t provide further details on the planned production increase for the Ranger....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline thackney

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The trouble with the big car co's is they are like a low in the water, heavy drafting tanker ship piloted by a drunk cabin boy.  By the time they turn the ship they have run aground.   The Ranger is 2 years 2 late.  Or more.   Once it hit the showrooms it will be an over weight pig and over priced by 5 grand.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline Frank Cannon

The trouble with the big car co's is they are like a low in the water, heavy drafting tanker ship piloted by a drunk cabin boy.  By the time they turn the ship they have run aground.   The Ranger is 2 years 2 late.  Or more.   Once it hit the showrooms it will be an over weight pig and over priced by 5 grand.

My bet would be that the high initial demand is because a lot of Baby Boomer hayseeds are getting too old to get into an F-150's. After they all buy their last car before the nursing home sales will drop like a stone.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
My bet would be that the high initial demand is because a lot of Baby Boomer hayseeds are getting too old to get into an F-150's. After they all buy their last car before the nursing home sales will drop like a stone.

I wish to be buried in my new 2025 Ranchero please.  I know Ford will build it. 

Offline Frank Cannon

I wish to be buried in my new 2025 Ranchero please.  I know Ford will build it.

Ford has heard you and is going to deliver....

Offline Wingnut

Sweet.  I can't wait.    I wan't the SVO version. 333cleo
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 10:22:12 pm by The Ghost »

Offline rustynail

All the new trucks are so Big.  That has to be chapping some on the left.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
There surely has not been much from the Big Three, when it comes to "sedans," etc.

Germans, Japanese and Koreans take such vehicles seriously.

Just one example: Station wagons.

Mercedes, BMW, Audi VW, Volvo, Acura, Subaru all sell wagons in the US market.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline roamer_1

All the new trucks are so Big.  That has to be chapping some on the left.

It is the left that did it = Try and find something other than a Tahoe or Suburban for a family of six. All there is is minivans otherwise, and who can blame a guy for seeing the Suburban as being the safer thing to put his family in?

The very same thing goes with 4dr pickups. Folks back east don't understand how ubiquitous the pickup truck is in flyover country. That a guy can fit his family in it is all the better.

The CrownVics and Caprices were already getting too small for a typical rural family... Now that they're gone, what did you think was gonna happen?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 10:45:13 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Frank Cannon

There surely has not been much from the Big Three, when it comes to "sedans," etc.

Germans, Japanese and Koreans take such vehicles seriously.

Just one example: Station wagons.

Mercedes, BMW, Audi VW, Volvo, Acura, Subaru all sell wagons in the US market.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Ranger is on my son's short list. He's wanting either the Ranger or the Colorado ZR2 sometime this summer.

Offline montanajoe

I've got a 2001XL with 580,000 on it..it's not fancy just runs.. :shrug:

Offline ConstitutionRose

I STILL miss my Ranger.  My dog outgrew it.  I will definitely look at the new one.  .
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Love my 88 Ranger. Looking forward to see one of these babies up close. Looks like it might be wise to give it a year to make sure it's not a lemon-mobile and let demand even out.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline thackney

Offline Blizzardnh

Folks back east don't understand how ubiquitous the pickup truck is in flyover country. That a guy can fit his family in it is all the better.

We live in the east so we don't understand? stupid statement.

Offline Frank Cannon

Ford F-Series Is America's Best Selling Truck for 42nd Straight Year
http://www.thedrive.com/news/25771/ford-f-series-is-americas-best-selling-truck-for-42nd-straight-year

Yeah, because the world is full of stupid people. Talk to anyone who is happy about the durability of their F150 aluminum bed? I haven't found anyone.

Offline Wingnut

Wonder if they will make a B2000 also.  While they are at it how about bringing back the Pinto of trucks, the Courier

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

A SHO Ranger!

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline thackney

Wonder if they will make a B2000 also.  While they are at it how about bringing back the Pinto of trucks, the Courier

Is Ford Looking to Bring a Car-Based Pickup Truck to the U.S.?
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a22577370/is-ford-looking-to-bring-a-car-based-pickup-truck-to-the-us/
Model may revive the Courier nameplate.

ord is rumored to be working on a small subcompact pickup truck that may also make its way to the North American market. The new truck is expected to serve as the informal replacement to the Ford Courier—a small pickup that was sold in countries such as Brazil and Mexico.

Whereas the previous Courier was based on old Ford Fiesta components, Automobile Magazine reported the new model will share its underpinnings with the latest global Ford Focus compact car....

Offline roamer_1

We live in the east so we don't understand? stupid statement.

I don't know why it would be... One of the things folks from back east are astonished by is how very many pickups are on the road out here. I hear it all the time from kin coming out to visit.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 02:15:33 pm by roamer_1 »