Author Topic: Why Trump Will Win the Wall Fight David Catron  (Read 483 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why Trump Will Win the Wall Fight David Catron
« on: January 31, 2019, 04:16:30 pm »
January 31, 2019, 12:05 am

He continually adapts while the Dems remain static.

The Democrats squealed with delight when the President decided to temporarily end the partial government shutdown. Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and their media supporters believe they have won a famous victory. Indeed, more than a few have declared the Trump presidency dead. This isn’t merely delusional, it means that two years of dealing with “the Donald” have taught them nothing about how he operates. The President is adapting to the post-midterm political environment by changing his “game face.” The Democrats continue to indulge their irrational antipathy toward Trump and embrace increasingly inane policy positions. Meanwhile, he is becoming more presidential.

Thus, when he was told last week that Nancy Pelosi had withdrawn the SOTU invitation, he reacted more in sorrow than in anger: “I’m not surprised. It’s really a shame what’s happening with the Democrats. They’ve become radicalized.” Then, after getting Madam Speaker’s attention by halting her taxpayer-funded vacation, he responded in a measured fashion: “She changed her mind because of the shutdown, suggesting a later date. This is her prerogative. I will do the address when the shutdown is over.” Now that she has once again invited him to speak to Congress, and what may well be a record national audience, he will use the SOTU address to close the deal on the Wall.

Not that the voters require much persuading. Monday evening, a poll commissioned by the RNC was released showing that a majority of voters in 10 key congressional districts held by Democrats believe that the President’s shutdown compromise should have been accepted by Pelosi and Schumer. The Washington Examiner reports that a 61%-35% majority support the president’s position on border security. They also support building a wall between the U.S. and Mexico by a 53%-43% margin. And even more deadly for his opponents, Trump’s statesmanship is working. By a 41%-34% margin, voters said he was “more open to compromise on this issue” than congressional Democrats.

more
https://spectator.org/why-trump-will-win-the-wall-fight/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Why Trump Will Win the Wall Fight David Catron
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 01:24:52 am »
Trump can't "win" it so long as he tries to do so "through Congress".

The democrat-communists will NEVER acquiesce to funding for a physical barrier. NEVER. All they have to do is "say no".

The only way to get 'er built is by an end run around the Congress and the courts -- by using the "emergency" option and the legal avenues (already approved by previous Congresses) by which to move forward.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 01:29:05 am »
Trump should really push the narrative he is more willing to compromise.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 09:00:03 am »
Good article. Thanks Myst.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com