Author Topic: UPDATE: CNN Hid Images and Video of Roger Stone’s 72-Year-Old Wife Being Dragged Out of Home Barefoo  (Read 14129 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
There is no way to commit conspiracy without colluding.

Thank you. I said the same thing, almost a week ago.

The word 'collusion' may not appear is specific statute, but conspiracy does. In that context, they're completely interchangeable. You cannot engage in a conspiracy without colluding. Investigation of 'collusion' doesn't appear in the SC mandate, anyway. So, your attempt to split hairs on definition and synonyms is kind of senseless.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,349796.msg1907465.html#msg1907465
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline LadyLiberty

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

The word 'collusion' may not appear is specific statute, but conspiracy does. In that context, they're completely interchangeable. You cannot engage in a conspiracy without colluding. Investigation of 'collusion' doesn't appear in the SC mandate, anyway. So, your attempt to split hairs on definition and synonyms is kind of senseless.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,349796.msg1907465.html#msg1907465

You misread @Jazzhead's comment.  The terms are NOT interchangeable.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
You misread @Jazzhead's comment.  The terms are NOT interchangeable.

They are, depending on context. As I had said in the thread from the link, try defending against a charge of conspiracy, by saying it was merely collusion.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

By your own statement @Jazzhead , there is no conspiracy without collusion. But also, collusion itself does not necessarily rise to the level of conspiracy.

Collusion is not listed in statute, while conspiracy is, and for that reason. Collusion is not necessarily criminal.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
By your own statement @Jazzhead , there is no conspiracy without collusion. But also, collusion itself does not necessarily rise to the level of conspiracy.

Collusion is not listed in statute, while conspiracy is, and for that reason. Collusion is not necessarily criminal.

And your point is . . .?
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And your point is . . .?
You can have collusion with out having committed a crime.

Unless, of course, someone can point out the statute prohibiting collusion.

"Collusion" and "Conspiracy" are not interchangeable terms.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis