Author Topic: PA: Scenes From the Campaign Trail: A Black Trump Supporter Throws a Mayoral Kickoff Birthday  (Read 1292 times)

Offline mountaineer

Black female conservative running for mayor in Philadelphia.
Scenes From the Campaign Trail: A Black Trump Supporter Throws a Mayoral Kickoff Birthday
“I have a direct line from the White House to North Philly — Trump wants to help us,” says Republican Daphne Goggins, who has “full confidence” that she can defeat Mayor Kenney.
By Ernest Owens·   
1/30/2019, 1:20 p.m.

On Tuesday night, as news broke that the feds were set to indict longtime Democratic political kingpin John “Johnny Doc” Dougherty and other union officials on scores of corruption charges, Republicans were celebrating in North Philly.

“They’re finally going to lock that Dougherty bastard up,” I heard a man yell as I entered the Nix and Ray Event Venue on West Dauphin Street (connected, oddly, to a funeral home). “Looks like Kenney’s out of another dirty Dem piggy bank.”

This was my introduction to the official mayoral campaign kickoff/56th birthday party for Daphne Goggins.

Goggins is a lifelong resident of North Philly and newly elected Republican ward leader. She’s a proud Trump supporter who has even gone on CNN to defend the president after he was criticized for his response to the deadly white supremacist attack in Charlottesville in 2017.

Now Goggins is ready to take on Mayor Jim Kenney for an office she says is “long overdue for change.” ...

Goggins drew some unexpected guests, like social justice activist Isaac Gardner, Sr., better known as Ikey Raw. “Daphne is a black woman from the ’hood who cares about the community, so who f****** cares if she likes Trump,” Raw told me. “I’m voting for her because there needs to be a real shakeup in City Hall. She’s dead-ass about doing something.” ...
Full story at PhillyMag

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. This is a joke, right? The last GOPer Mayor, kinda, was Frank Rizzo. There are no normal people living inside the city line anymore.

Offline mountaineer

LOL. This is a joke, right? The last GOPer Mayor, kinda, was Frank Rizzo. There are no normal people living inside the city line anymore.
Pretty sure she's aware of the obstacles.  :pop41:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

Pretty sure she's aware of the obstacles.  :pop41:

Obstacles implies that there is some chance to get around them. Dead in the water is a better description.