Author Topic: McConnell blasts House bill that makes Election Day a federal holiday  (Read 1760 times)

Offline QueenCatofAragon

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline thackney

Re: McConnell blasts House bill that makes Election Day a federal holiday
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2019, 11:55:58 pm »
@thackney

Virginia, to my shame.

In Texas, you have to have valid reason for absentee but early voting is no different than voting day.  Well, almost the same, fewer location are open so you can vote any where in the county, as long as registered and have ID.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2019, 01:18:16 am »
Immigration reform is far more important that a wall.  Immigration reform is medicine,  the wall merely a Band-Aid. 

As for a federal holiday on Election Day,  I'd be in favor of it IF coupled with an end to early voting and mail in voting.    Like you said, those practices are recipes for abuse.   Let everyone show up physically at the polls on Election Day to vote.

I'm against it, because it would be a Federal Holiday.  That means it would only apply to employees of the Federal Government.  The only votes this would encourage would be the votes of Federal bureaucrats, giving them a voting edge over the rest of us minions who work in the private sector.  As if they needed more incentive to screw over people who have to earn for a living.

McConnell is correct on this, but because it goes against the grain of the Leftist media, he will cave.  He loves them far more than he loves us.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2019, 01:21:53 am »
@thackney

Virginia, to my shame.

I think VA is better than most, so buck up.   happy77

The people I know who live there are, at least.  Shave back that evil Federal bureaucracy residing  in the North and things will be better for the whole state.  That's a goal we can all get behind.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2019, 09:12:18 pm »
In Texas, you have to have valid reason for absentee but early voting is no different than voting day.  Well, almost the same, fewer location are open so you can vote any where in the county, as long as registered and have ID.

@thackney

Yep, it’s the same here. 

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2019, 09:14:31 pm »
I think VA is better than most, so buck up.   happy77

The people I know who live there are, at least.  Shave back that evil Federal bureaucracy residing  in the North and things will be better for the whole state.  That's a goal we can all get behind.

@Cyber Liberty

I can’t argue with that.  If it weren’t for NOVA, we’d be in a much better place as a state.  I’m right in the middle of redneck central VA.  We’re still hanging on.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2019, 03:57:57 am »
@Cyber Liberty

I can’t argue with that.  If it weren’t for NOVA, we’d be in a much better place as a state.  I’m right in the middle of redneck central VA.  We’re still hanging on.

It helps having a friend base around you.

I just moved to a new city, so I get to start over in that department.  That said, the Precinct I just left went Hillary this last election, and here in Bullhead City, I doubt I will be able to find a Democrat.  We love out Castle in the hills.  I'm looking at Laughlin, NV right now.  We just finished a road trip to the old house...four hours each way.  We're pooped.   happy77
I will NOT comply.