Author Topic: Students call on DeVos to offer free tampons, pads in schools to address 'period poverty'  (Read 551 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Students call on DeVos to offer free tampons, pads in schools to address 'period poverty'
By Avery Anapol - 01/30/19 01:16 PM EST

Student activists are calling on Education Secretary Betsy DeVos to combat “period poverty” by working to provide free menstrual products in school restrooms.

A group of about 40 students and adults marched near the Education Department on Monday, and took out a full-page ad in the Washington Post directed at DeVos.

The advertisement, in the form of a letter to the secretary, calls for pads and tampons in bathrooms, and comprehensive period health education for all students before the age of 12. It also asks DeVos to commission a study looking at “period poverty” among students.

“Menstrual hygiene products are basic necessities, and the inability to access them affects a student’s freedom to study, be healthy, and participate in society with dignity,” the letter reads.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/427670-students-call-on-devos-to-offer-free-tampons-pads-in-schools-to-address
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Oh boy!  More free stuff. 

When I was a girl, I had parents who bought these things for me.  When I was older and working, I bought my own. 

The younger generation is being taught that the gubmint should provide everything for free.  Let's hope Mrs. Delos tells these kids and whoever is supposed to be raising them to buy their own.