Author Topic: Can A Fusion Party Save America? (Resurgent)  (Read 820 times)

Offline corbe

Can A Fusion Party Save America? (Resurgent)
« on: January 29, 2019, 08:35:06 pm »
Can A Fusion Party Save America?

by David Thornton
January 29th, 2019

Tattered American flag flapping in ominous sky

At various times in American history, voters have come together in bipartisan Fusion Parties when both major parties failed to represent their interests. As the Republican Party continues in a graveyard spiral at the hands of President Trump and the Democratic Party veers ever further toward the radical left, the time may be right for another fusion across party lines.

As Erick Erickson recently noted, “The GOP is a party in decline and I think if anyone wants to challenge it, the challenge is best done with the establishment of a new third party.” Erickson further pointed out, accurately I think, that, “The GOP is largely defined by one man and the party itself stands for nothing other than what he wants. With only around 40% of the country supportive, and less than that strongly supportive, the GOP could be brought low with only a bit of effort.”

Republicans will be tempted, as they were in 2016, to support Donald Trump’s re-election campaign no matter how bad the situation looks. There is almost no chance that Trump will lose the Republican nomination and the chances are equally small that the president’s core supporters would desert him in the general election. Any Democratic candidate will always represent a national crisis that can be used to justify jettisoning conservative principles and even common decency.

The problem for Republicans is that their base is shrinking and they are alienating moderate voters at an alarming rate. Exit polls from 2018 showed that the GOP lost ground with almost every demographic. A new poll from Gallup, taken in the midst of the shutdown, showed that the share of voters who identify as Republican has fallen to 25 percent, down three points since the midterms. Democrats have increased by three points to 34 percent. 

<..snip..>

https://theresurgent.com/2019/01/29/can-a-fusion-party-save-america/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Can A Fusion Party Save America? (Resurgent)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 08:36:17 pm »
  Interesting Idea, though I'm not SOLD on the premise of his argument.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 09:39:35 pm »
No.

The only way to save this country is to deprogram the corrupted, dependent minds of a majority of its citizens.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 10:55:51 pm »
Red State surrender and appeasement.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 11:47:26 pm »
NO.

The intended result will be exactly the opposite:
To DESTROY the America of the Founders and Constitutional government.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 12:00:18 am »
Frankly @corbe I think the previous responses to your post have been shallow, knee jerk reactions to the idea.   Much would depend on the ideas espoused and the people involved as well as the perceived ability of any such group to carry out the agenda.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 12:14:31 am »
   As usual, we've wasted two precious years in organizing, IMHO @Bigun

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 12:35:44 am »
Red State surrender and appeasement.

Erik Erikson is a self important azzhole.