Author Topic: The Atlantic’s Dick Polman: Democrats Need ‘a New Massacre’ to Make Gun Control Push ‘a First-Tier S  (Read 419 times)

rangerrebew

The Atlantic’s Dick Polman: Democrats Need ‘a New Massacre’ to Make Gun Control Push ‘a First-Tier Story’

28 Jan 2019

The Atlantic’s Dick Polman believes the Democrat Party needs a “new massacre” to make gun control “a first-tier story.”

On January 27, 2019, Polman, an Atlantic contributor, noted that the Democrats took control of the House with plans to push gun control. And less than a week after taking control, they followed through by introducing a bill to criminalize private gun sales.

But Polman notes that the gun control bill did not garner major airplay in the establishment media, leading him to suggest a “new massacre” will be key in getting the push more attention. He wrote: “The Democrats’ championing of gun reform is not currently a first-tier story, but a new massacre would likely make it so.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/28/the-atlantics-dick-polman-democrats-need-a-new-massacre-to-make-gun-control-push-a-first-tier-story/

Offline LMAO

These people see the general public as nothing more than pawns for their experiments.  Gun control, green new deals, universal healthcare where we would get the substandard healthcare while they get the gold plated, you name it. It doesn’t surprise me that this writer from a leftist publication would think nothing of sacrificing fellow citizens just to push a radicalized agenda
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

This reminds me of certain liberals who are wishing that 9/11 happened on Bill Clinton’s watch

How about not wishing for things like a 9/11 or a gun massacre? That seems to be what most people would wish for. Leftists are definitely a different breed of humans
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This reminds me of certain liberals who are wishing that 9/11 happened on Bill Clinton’s watch

How about not wishing for things like a 9/11 or a gun massacre? That seems to be what most people would wish for. Leftists are definitely a different breed of humans
Wasn't Slick Willie one of the biggest whiner that it didn't happen on his watch, or do I disremember? Poor Willie with all he did to make it possible he never got to play the take charge defender of America!