Author Topic: A CURE FOR CANCER? ISRAELI SCIENTISTS SAY THEY THINK THEY FOUND ONE  (Read 2053 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/A-cure-for-cancer-Israeli-scientists-say-they-think-they-found-one-578939

A CURE FOR CANCER? ISRAELI SCIENTISTS SAY THEY THINK THEY FOUND ONE

“We believe we will offer in a year's time a complete cure for cancer."

BY MAAYAN JAFFE-HOFFMAN
JANUARY 28, 2019 23:14

A small team of Israeli scientists think they might have found the first complete cure for cancer.

“We believe we will offer in a year’s time a complete cure for cancer,” said Dan Aridor, of a new treatment being developed by his company, Accelerated Evolution Biotechnologies Ltd. (AEBi), which was founded in 2000 in the ITEK incubator in the Weizmann Science Park. AEBi developed the SoAP platform, which provides functional leads to very difficult targets.
“Our cancer cure will be effective from day one, will last a duration of a few weeks and will have no or minimal side-effects at a much lower cost than most other treatments on the market,” Aridor said. “Our solution will be both generic and personal.”

It sounds fantastical, especially considering that an estimated 18.1 million new cancer cases are diagnosed worldwide each year, according to reports by the International Agency for Research on Cancer. Further, every sixth death in the world is due to cancer, making it the second leading cause of death (second only to cardiovascular disease).

Aridor, chairman of the board of AEBi and CEO Dr. Ilan Morad, say their treatment, which they call MuTaTo (multi-target toxin) is essentially on the scale of a cancer antibiotic – a disruption technology of the highest order.

More at URL above...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: A CURE FOR CANCER? ISRAELI SCIENTISTS SAY THEY THINK THEY FOUND ONE
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 05:26:12 am »
It'd be great if this is true.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 05:26:21 am »
A small team of Israeli scientists think they might have found the first complete cure for cancer.

Let me guess....

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 05:33:01 am »
I get the Jerusalem Post sent to me everyday.  I read that this morning, put the article in a Word document and sent it to friends.  This is a complete cancer cure, works with any type cancer; a few weeks of treatment, few side effects, and the cancer won't come back and the med is cheaper to make than meds used today.

Think of everyone you have known who died of cancer - that may be over - no one dying of cancer.  Please read the whole article to see how this med works.

Offline DB

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 05:52:11 am »
Hope it's true. Need evidence to get excited.

I'm currently a kidney cancer (clear cell renal cell carcinoma) survivor wondering if it will come back...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 05:55:30 am »

I'm currently a kidney cancer (clear cell renal cell carcinoma) survivor wondering if it will come back...

What if this new cure is unaffordable to most people?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 06:51:32 am »

Wonder what the nation's 22,000 Oncologist this of this?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DB

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 06:53:17 am »

The article claims it is less expensive the conventional treatment. If it is really what they claim it is, it will be mass produced which one would think would lower the cost significantly. A lot of resources will go into lower the cost over time. Especially if it covers many different types of cancer with one mostly common approach.

The key is having something that really works. Once that is done resources will pour in to this specific approach to bringing it to the masses.

Offline DB

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 07:01:55 am »
Wonder what the nation's 22,000 Oncologist this of this?

"Disruption technology" disrupts things... CRT (picture tubes) are gone once LCD flat screens progressed to the practical. LED's bulbs are in the process of replacing compact fluorescent bulbs. Lots of expertise and tooling obsolete suddenly. That's the nature of technology...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 07:09:35 am »
Once that is done resources will pour in to this specific approach to bringing it to the masses.

LOL. Right. The cancer industry is just going to all hit the unemployment line without a word. You know how much money is involved here? Trillions a year from researchers, fundraisers, big pharma, docs, hospitals. If this cure is remotely true the gouge is in the works.

Offline DB

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 07:54:26 am »
LOL. Right. The cancer industry is just going to all hit the unemployment line without a word. You know how much money is involved here? Trillions a year from researchers, fundraisers, big pharma, docs, hospitals. If this cure is remotely true the gouge is in the works.

If its true.

If.

Lots of claims like this come and go.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 04:56:47 pm »

A word of encouragement.  My Dad had the same cancer when I was in 1st grade.  We didn't think he would make it for awhile.  He recovered and lived to be 82. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2019, 04:59:19 pm »
I get the Jerusalem Post sent to me everyday.  I read that this morning, put the article in a Word document and sent it to friends.  This is a complete cancer cure, works with any type cancer; a few weeks of treatment, few side effects, and the cancer won't come back and the med is cheaper to make than meds used today.

Think of everyone you have known who died of cancer - that may be over - no one dying of cancer.  Please read the whole article to see how this med works.
Which makes me EXTREMELY skeptical because no medicine works like that. There are so many different forms of cancer that one panacea is not going to stop them all—unless, perhaps, it kills the person with the cancer along with it.

As the old saying goes, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline rustynail

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2019, 05:35:55 pm »
Free beer tomorrow.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2019, 07:22:20 pm »
The only problem is the cure has no effect on Palestinians..............................this is not considered a setback because there are no actual Palestinians. :whistle:

Offline DB

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 08:46:08 pm »
Which makes me EXTREMELY skeptical because no medicine works like that. There are so many different forms of cancer that one panacea is not going to stop them all—unless, perhaps, it kills the person with the cancer along with it.

If this is related to what I read about in the past (it sounds like it) they take a sample of the cancer and are able to trigger the immune system to target only the cancer cells they align it to. So they have to acquire some cancer cells and some immune system cells from your body. They then go through some process to modify the immune systems cells to target the specific signature of the cancer, reproduce the modified immune cells in high numbers and put them back in your body. If I remember the earlier story accurately anyway...

Offline the_doc

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2019, 09:44:27 pm »

All cancers have at least a couple of things in common.  It is at least possible that the Israelis have come up with a blockbuster cure involving some or all of those things that we have been tinkering with for years. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2019, 12:34:52 am »
BKMK