Author Topic: Breaking - Houston Police Department responding to report of several officers shot  (Read 14531 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hmmm.  We know where that comes from.

We also know that those two won't be dealing anymore!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We also know that those two won't be dealing anymore!

it's the politics of contraband....
it's the lure of easy money
it's gotta very strong appeal
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
it's the lure of easy, tax-free, money

Yep!  And THAT is precisely why the good ole USA has one of the highest incarceration rates in the world!  Take away the tax free part of the equation and it begins to lose its luster.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
it's the lure of easy money

Well I'm sorry it went down like this
But someone had to lose
It's the nature of the business
It's the smugglers blues
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Five-police-officers-shot-in-Houston-504991222.html

Chief: Injured Houston officer shot 3 times in line of duty

Houston's police chief says one of four narcotics officers shot while serving a search warrant at a suspected drug house has been struck by gunfire two other times during his career.

Police Chief Art Acevedo said Tuesday that the 54-year-old police supervisor, whose name hasn't been released, was also shot in 1992 and 1997. Acevedo didn't provide details of the other shootings.

Acevedo says that the officer told him in a note that he had to go into the house Monday after his colleagues were shot because he knew his "guys were down."

Acevedo described the officer as "tough as nails."

He says: "The only thing bigger than his body, in terms of his stature, is his courage."

Four of the officers were shot and a fifth suffered a knee injury.

Acevedo says two of the officers who were shot were hit in the neck by gunfire and are in critical but stable condition.

The other three officers are in stable condition and are expected to make a full recovery.

Online mountaineer

Houston police had previously bought black tar heroin at the home, Chief Art Acevedo said Tuesday. When a narcotics unit raided the house, officers swiftly came under fire, and a pit bull charged the first officer through the door, he said.

When Monday afternoon's raid was over, two suspects were dead and five officers were injured, four of them suffering gunshot wounds.

The first officer fired a shotgun blast, killing the dog. Suspect Dennis Tuttle, 59, initially retreated but returned with a .357 Magnum, shooting the officer in the shoulder, the chief said.  ...

Acevedo and Michelle McNutt, chief of trauma surgery at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center in Houston, provided updates on four of the officers, explaining that the family of the fifth officer has requested no information be released:

• The 54-year-old who "heroically made the entry" was shot in the face and required surgery. He is recovering, but the facial trauma team will have to perform more operations in the future.
• A 50-year-old sergeant who suffered a gunshot wound to the face required no surgery. The officer, who has 25 years on the force, is stable and will be released later Tuesday or Wednesday.
• Another 50-year-old sergeant, a 27-year veteran, who suffered an knee injury is recovering and will be released later this week.
• The first officer through the door, a 33-year-old, was shot in the shoulder and has been released. The officer has 10 years on the force.
• The last officer, whose family requested privacy, is in stable condition. Acevedo said he was concerned about the officer, who is "in a really tough fight" and "needs prayers." ...
More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
HPD chief Acevedo IDs suspects, gives update on injured officers

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Acevedo-offers-update-on-injured-officers-13570124.php

Acevedo identified the dead as Rhogena Nicholas, 58, and Dennis Tuttle, 59. Property tax records indicate Tuttle is the owner of the house.

Outside the house in Pecan Park early Tuesday, neighbor Daniel Ramirez said a couple had lived at the home for a while.

Ramirez said the man who lived there often walked his dog. He didn't see the woman as much.

The couple kept to themselves, Ramirez said, adding that he didn't see many visitors there.

At the news conference Tuesday, Acevedo recounted the incident and added more details about it.

The first officer entered the house about 5 p.m., armed with a shotgun. He shot and killed a pit bull that lunged at him, the chief said.

At the same time, Tuttle, armed with a .357 Magnum revolver, came around from the back of the house, opened fire and struck the officer in the shoulder, Acevedo said. The officer fell on a sofa in the living room. At that time, Nicholas reached over the officer and made a move for his shotgun, the chief said.

A backup officer shot at Nicholas, hitting her, Acevedo said.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Who believes making drugs legal will make it less rather than more likely that police will enter harms way?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

The SOB couldn't even wait for the bodies to get cold!

Acevedo pushes elected officials for gun reform

https://www.chron.com/houston/article/Chief-Art-Acevedo-pushes-elected-officials-for-13570809.php?utm_campaign=hchronfb&fbclid=IwAR0qHaeQSAJ2COiwvykzQEbW9uC8GBNesiFPE3CHazdu1gJnoETfQLu185w
From article:
"I would express my personal frustration at lawmakers that know we have a public health epidemic in this country we call gun violence,"

How did this POS ever become chief?  He is saying guns are a threat to public health?

Guns decrease the risk of being hurt, not increase it.  It allows the most vulnerable in our society to defends themselves against those who wish harm.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Who believes making drugs legal will make it less rather than more likely that police will enter harms way?

Raises hand!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline thackney

The SOB couldn't even wait for the bodies to get cold!

Acevedo pushes elected officials for gun reform

https://www.chron.com/houston/article/Chief-Art-Acevedo-pushes-elected-officials-for-13570809.php?utm_campaign=hchronfb&fbclid=IwAR0qHaeQSAJ2COiwvykzQEbW9uC8GBNesiFPE3CHazdu1gJnoETfQLu185w

Idiot.  Black Tar Heroin is also illegal.  Gun bans (and any others) only impact the law abiding.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That's a pretty watery substrate to launch a gun control campaign from.
The perps (according to the Fox article) has two shotguns, a .22 rifle, and"another rifle" in the house. (I guess they didn't count the .357 the officers were wounded with,  unless it was a lever action rifle).

These (allegedly) aren't even the guns the Communists want to ban for most Americans (We heard you Sen. Feinstein, and we see you as the total gun grabber you are).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Just so you know, there were no drugs found in that house and the people who died had lived there for more than 20 years.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

Just so you know, there were no drugs found in that house and the people who died had lived there for more than 20 years.
So let's see....
Timeline.
Door breached.
Dog attacks first one in.
Dog shot.
Dog owner shoots who shot the dog. (Dog is first line of home defense).
Police shoot people in house, who shoot back.
Hmmmm.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yes, something seems a bit off here.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

He may have been in back bedroom on the computer when he heard his dog react and get shot...first instinct is to grab your weapon if you can.

GD no-knock warrants....
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

He may have been in back bedroom on the computer when he heard his dog react and get shot...first instinct is to grab your weapon if you can.

GD no-knock warrants....
Yep. Bad outcome all around.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 02:15:10 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 02:33:26 am by Mod5 »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm starting to get a feeling things were not what we are told they were....

That is not what this article says.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,349531.msg1904210.html#msg1904210
They recovered marijuana and a white powdery suspect, either cocaine or fentanyl, after the firefight. They also recovered two 12-gauge shotguns, a 20-gauge shotgun, a 22-caliber rifle and a second rifle.

Online Wingnut

That is not what this article says.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,349531.msg1904210.html#msg1904210
They recovered marijuana and a white powdery suspect, either cocaine or fentanyl, after the firefight. They also recovered two 12-gauge shotguns, a 20-gauge shotgun, a 22-caliber rifle and a second rifle.

Cops would never plant evidence when shit goes south.  Just say'n.

Cops would never plant evidence when shit goes south.  Just say'n.
I will choose to first believe the police to begin with, rather than the other way around.

Did you happen to read the article which indicated that one person opened fire with a .357 mag on one cop while the other tried to get the shotgun from him?
Think that was also a setup, I suppose.

Offline Smokin Joe

I will choose to first believe the police to begin with, rather than the other way around.

Did you happen to read the article which indicated that one person opened fire with a .357 mag on one cop while the other tried to get the shotgun from him?
The cop shot first with the .357 Mag had already shot the dog. How were these officers dressed? Plainclothes? Battle rattle? Uniforms?

How well did they identify themselves?

Or did they bust in like a home invasion, shoot the dog, and the residents defend themselves?

I still have some questions, and I tend to give the police the benefit of the doubt.

(And what is a white powdery suspect?)

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

Narcotic cops are suspect.  Long history of questionable tactics.