Author Topic: Breaking - Houston Police Department responding to report of several officers shot  (Read 14526 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I will choose to first believe the police to begin with, rather than the other way around.

Did you happen to read the article which indicated that one person opened fire with a .357 mag on one cop while the other tried to get the shotgun from him?
Think that was also a setup, I suppose.

First thing I read was..."undercover officer".

IOW, not in uniform or SWAT gear.

He entered the house with a pumped shotgun intending to put that barking pit-bull down.  I'll bet he never yelled "POLICE"!  "GET DOWN"!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
First thing I read was..."undercover officer".

IOW, not in uniform or SWAT gear.

He entered the house with a pumped shotgun intending to put that barking pit-bull down.  I'll bet he never yelled "POLICE"!  "GET DOWN"!
Right. Not readily identifiable as police, if undercover, a crew who would blend in on the streets.
Which may have appeared to the (now deceased) suspects as a home invasion.
No big drug bust, no pile of cash (AKA "drug money"), no dealer quantities.
That raises some questions.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

I'm starting to get a feeling things were not what we are told they were....
The woman that was shot was unarmed. She had no weapon and never fired a shot. She reacted to the officer who shot her dog by grabbing at him. That's what got her shot. She was shot because she was pissed some unknown person entered her home and shot her dog. The guy then, seeing his dog and his woman shot dead, began defending his home. And he was killed.

The story is that they were serving a warrant. But really? You couldn't just stake out the house, wait for them to go somewhere and pull the car over? I question whether this whole "Call of Duty" scenario was necessary at all. Especially since there were only two people in the home and no heroin was found.

Were the homeowners given a free chance to simply walk out and come in peacefully? Sounds like they were not. Also, they were killed over a suspicion. They were suspected of dealing heroin. We don't even know if they would have been convicted.

Very very, bad intelligence on the part of the Cops. If they deployed a dozen or more Cops to serve this warrant, they must have been expecting a house full of people. But no. There was one unarmed woman sleeping on the couch. And the guy was in the back doing whatever he was doing. This was hardly a crack house or even a drug house by far. The Cops obviously had no idea at all what was happening in that house. They must have not been watching the house at all. This thing smells bad to me.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm not a fan of Art Acevedo, but I'm going to hold my fire until we know more.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The woman grabbed for the shotgun because she was unarmed and some guy just shot her dog. If some guy burst into your home with a shotgun and fired, any one of us would have grabbed for it. Because you know damn well that you are next.

The .357 came after the fact, after the Police had already opened fire.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm not a fan of Art Acevedo, but I'm going to hold my fire until we know more.

I can't stand the POS but will follow your lead none the less. I will say, however, that Art Acheveto has proven himself to be much more an activist than a police chief!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 03:14:35 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
As this story unfolds, some things just "don't seem right".

The dead couple in the house had no prior arrests.
No drugs were found inside the house.

Some info in this thread:
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3723879/posts
(yes, I know where it's from, if you don't wish to "dirty yourself" by going there, don't. But there are some interesting posts...)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I will choose to first believe the police to begin with, rather than the other way around.

I'm with you on this.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

I'm with you on this.
While that is my first instinct, it would not be the first time that some CI got a few bucks for a fix and the police got bad intel. Plainclothes undercover guys (dressed to blend with the riff-raff) might take on the appearance of a home invasion.

Break down the door, shoot the dog, and it's on. Especially in a stand your ground/castle doctrine State.

If the police did not identify themselves, what could have been a relatively tame bust for some grass and whatever the powder was, turned into a blood bath, quite possibly unnecessarily.

No priors? Lived there 20 years and stayed off the radar?

A little grass, some powder? no cash stash, no heroin, no marketable quantities, no paraphernalia? Two dead and five wounded? Doesn't make sense--not that life always does.

Something doesn't set right, from the accounts given. YMMV

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
While that is my first instinct, it would not be the first time that some CI got a few bucks for a fix and the police got bad intel. Plainclothes undercover guys (dressed to blend with the riff-raff) might take on the appearance of a home invasion.

Break down the door, shoot the dog, and it's on. Especially in a stand your ground/castle doctrine State.

If the police did not identify themselves, what could have been a relatively tame bust for some grass and whatever the powder was, turned into a blood bath, quite possibly unnecessarily.

A little grass, some powder? no cash stash, no heroin, no marketable quantities, no paraphernalia? Two dead and five wounded? Doesn't make sense--not that life always does.

I get what you're saying...and we won't know exactly what all was found in there for a few days.

Weed and guns make it a felony...if the powder turns our to be something like Meth or Fentanyl that just makes it worse.

I know that in the SOP for some police departments...if they are doing a raid like this...depending on the type of dog the SOP is to shoot it if it comes at you.  Drug dealers are known for using Pitbulls...Rotweilers and other large breed dogs to guard their drug houses.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

I get what you're saying...and we won't know exactly what all was found in there for a few days.

Weed and guns make it a felony...if the powder turns our to be something like Meth or Fentanyl that just makes it worse.

I know that in the SOP for some police departments...if they are doing a raid like this...depending on the type of dog the SOP is to shoot it if it comes at you.  Drug dealers are known for using Pitbulls...Rotweilers and other large breed dogs to guard their drug houses.
I get what you are saying, too.

But white powder can come off a donut, lots of people who don't even do drugs have pit bulls and rotties (to guard their stuff, and be the family pet). That should have been tested on the spot, and could have been (you see the little kits on Live PD and other police shows all the time--you'd think someone on a drug raid would have one.)

It sounds like the house didn't have anywhere near the traffic you would associate with a drug house--usually lots of people who come and go at all hours. (Druggies don't run a normal clock.)

If it was a 'bad' shoot would the PD guys plant a baggie? I don't know. I'd hope not, but it won't bring back the suspects anyway.

There may be background on these folks, social media stuff, etc. that we just don't see, that may have justified the tactics.
 I don't know--and if people are in CYA mode, we may never know.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The article makes it clear that Undercover police had bought heroin from that location.

I would not say that is 'staying off the radar'.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Police identify powder recovered in deadly drug raid

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/houston/article/Powder-found-in-police-raid-identified-13578839.php

Three days after the botched drug raid that left two residents dead and five officers wounded, authorities identified the unknown powder they found at the scene of the bloody bust.

The Thursday news conference revealed that the powder was cocaine, perhaps answering one of the nagging questions raised after the Pecan Park raid targeting a pair of alleged heroin dealers.

Offline Smokin Joe

Police identify powder recovered in deadly drug raid

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/houston/article/Powder-found-in-police-raid-identified-13578839.php
You mean to tell me that a UC drug unit didn't have one of those little test kits that patrol cops carry to test stuff they find in the car after a vehicle stop (As seen on TeeVee!, Cops, Live PD, and other shows)?

They should have known one way or the other within 10 minutes.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
You mean to tell me that a UC drug unit didn't have one of those little test kits that patrol cops carry to test stuff they find in the car after a vehicle stop (As seen on TeeVee!, Cops, Live PD, and other shows)?

They should have known one way or the other within 10 minutes.
They probably knew before they planted it, which was right after they realized how bad they screwed up.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A video of interest:

http://youtu.be/9XmflR0MWXc

A bit choppy at first, but listen to the difference in addresses and keep watching.

7815 HARDY Street v. 7815 HARDING Street

(the following is from TOS):
"The average house with typical 60 year old couple car in the drive way was 7815 Harding street. The known drug house with security cameras, bars on windows was 7815 Hardy street."
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 11:23:41 pm by Fishrrman »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A video of interest:

https://youtu.be/9XmflR0MWXc

A bit choppy at first, but listen to the difference in addresses and keep watching.

"The average house with typical 60 year old couple car in the drive way was 7815 Harding street. The known drug house with security cameras, bars on windows was 7815 Hardy street."

There does seem to be some underground chatter that the copes went to the wrong house.  So far it is not being presude as a possibility by the legal organ of Harris county... the Hocron.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
There does seem to be some underground chatter that the copes went to the wrong house.  So far it is not being presude as a possibility by the legal organ of Harris county... the Hocron.

Of course not! And it never will be pursued by them!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
A video of interest:

https://youtu.be/9XmflR0MWXc

Damned right it's of interest @Fishrrman!  Thanks a ton!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
HPD officer connected to deadly raid, shootout relieved of duty

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/HPD-officer-connected-to-deadly-raid-shootout-13598143.php

Houston Chronicle by  St. John Barned-Smith , Jay R. Jordan and Keri Blakinger 2/7/2019

A Houston police officer has been relieved of duty in light of "ongoing questions" stemming from a botched drug raid that left a couple dead and five officers wounded, police said Thursday.

It's not clear what role the officer played in the Jan. 28 bust at 7815 Harding, but law enforcement sources said his suspension comes amid a probe centered on questions over whether the sworn affidavit used to justify the no-knock warrant may have contained false information.

It's not clear if the two developments are connected.

"I know that in addition to the officer-involved shooting itself, many have questions regarding the circumstances surrounding the search warrant," Chief Art Acevedo said Thursday in response to news of the officer's suspension. "All of these questions are part of our ongoing criminal and administrative investigations."

Instead of "releasing piecemeal information," he said, the department will report findings once they've wrapped up the internal investigation. He declined to identify or release any details about the officer in question, and did not specify whether the investigation would focus on the possibility of false information in the affidavit.

"When an officer-involved shooting occurs at HPD, we consider it a legal and moral obligation to conduct a thorough and impartial investigation into the circumstances leading up to and resulting in the officer-involved shooting," he said. "There is a lot of speculation as to the circumstances regarding this officer-involved shooting at 7815 Harding Street, but we urge everyone to let the investigation take its proper course and proceed to conclusion."

More at link

Offline Smokin Joe

@Elderberry Thanks. I know some questions have been raised, and in light of possible confusion over the street name (Harding or Hardy?) for the raid, I'm glad to see they are at least investigating. We'll see what develops. The Houston Chronicle has said I have read my last free article, so I'm glad you posted what you did.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
@Elderberry Thanks. I know some questions have been raised, and in light of possible confusion over the street name (Harding or Hardy?) for the raid, I'm glad to see they are at least investigating. We'll see what develops. The Houston Chronicle has said I have read my last free article, so I'm glad you posted what you did.
@Smokin Joe

When that happens to me, I can usually get in by opening a private browsing window in Firefox.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 01:15:10 am by Elderberry »

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

When that happens to me, I can usually get in by opening a private browsing window in Firefox.
@Elderberry Thanks for the tip! That worked.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Thanks, @Elderberry.  Too many questions on this one.