Author Topic: Trump touts proposed Bible literacy classes in state schools  (Read 36709 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Trump touts proposed Bible literacy classes in state schools
« Reply #325 on: January 30, 2019, 09:36:30 pm »
So if one is an atheist or agnostic the Constitution isn’t applicable to them? What about Americans who follow other religious beliefs?

@LegalAmerican

The statement you are responding to was made in complete ignorance.

No surprises there.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #326 on: January 30, 2019, 09:37:17 pm »
If he just used the name "John Effin Smith" his tracks would have been better covered.   :laugh:

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #327 on: January 30, 2019, 09:38:19 pm »
Four followers. Nobody's reading his posts?

And he comes here and disrupts fo days on end.   Isn't that something?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #328 on: January 30, 2019, 09:46:33 pm »
More ignorance on parade. My mixed race son is your kind's worst nightmare.

I just wandered upthread and saw what post elicited that quote.  I'm sorta proud I flushed that racist pheasant out of the reeds....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #329 on: January 30, 2019, 09:46:35 pm »
I think perhaps a debate between our troll and this one would be a wonderful match of intellect, no?  wink777

I don't know if we ahve enough popcorn for that one.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #330 on: January 30, 2019, 09:50:41 pm »

We have plenty, remember?  I bought the popcorn concession for just such a situation.

The problem is, people like that never pair up, they only exist to irritate good people.  Sort of like Human Relationships in general, no?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline corbe

« Reply #331 on: January 30, 2019, 09:56:01 pm »
   Pick up the White Courtesy Phone @LegalAmerican
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #332 on: January 30, 2019, 09:59:02 pm »
President Trump on Monday embraced a proposal from lawmakers in six states that would allow public schools to offer Bible literacy classes shortly after the subject was discussed on "Fox & Friends."

"Numerous states introducing Bible Literacy classes, giving students the option of studying the Bible. Starting to make a turn back? Great!" Trump wrote on Twitter.

The tweet came roughly a half hour after North Dakota state Rep. Aaron McWilliams appeared on "Fox & Friends." McWilliams is co-sponsoring a measure in North Dakota to support Bible literacy classes.

Read More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-touts-proposed-bible-literacy-classes-in-state-schools/

How about bringning back Civics in the school? Also, are they going to offer other religious books literacy as well?

Dumbest damn crap anyone ever came up with,so you KNOW the Dims are going to love it because it opens the door to teach Islam in public schools.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #333 on: January 30, 2019, 10:00:20 pm »
yup.....sooner or later, you're going to be surrounded by mixed race people and the only hope you have is that they are LGBTQ and stop reproducing

And the proof keeps coming.  He said on Twitter that Trump is afraid of brown people, lol.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #334 on: January 30, 2019, 10:00:56 pm »
I think that ought to be left up to the local folks to decide, don't you?

@roamer_1

No. It should be left up to the various religious to do their own damn brainwashing in their own damn facilities.

If you think this is a good idea,I don't want to see you  whining about teaching Islam in public schools.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #335 on: January 30, 2019, 10:03:20 pm »
And the proof keeps coming.  He said on Twitter that Trump is afraid of brown people, lol.

I know we did not part on the best of terms, @QueenCatofAragon, but I really do appreciate your looking into that sewer for us...for professional reasons....
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #336 on: January 30, 2019, 10:04:16 pm »

WHAT PART OF SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND??

@roamer_1   @kevindavis

The part where his superstition isn't the only one that should be brainwashing students in public schools.

If you want your offsprung to be raised believing in mythical creatures that rule over the world,send them to a private religious school. The public schools already have enough problems as it is.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #337 on: January 30, 2019, 10:05:27 pm »
Hold your water, geez. Apparently you’re the one who needs to study up on that founding principle.

No one is proposing to establish a state religion.

@skeeter

Of course you are. You can't possibly be stupid enough to think anything else.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #338 on: January 30, 2019, 10:08:26 pm »
Yeah, at the Federal level, not at the local/state level, unless that state has the same amendment in their constitution.

HorseHillary! You just want a chance to see your superstitions made into law to punish non-believers and make them fall into line.

Also, not sure why anyone would insist on repeating the liberal interpretation "Separation of church and state".

Uhhhh,because that is the plain language it was written in by people who wrote it BECAUSE they came from nations with state religions and knew the problems this always creates?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #339 on: January 30, 2019, 10:08:45 pm »
Window lickers one and all.  They've got their faces pressed tot he glass to see what's going on with their volunteer for the troll mission...too scared to join in themselves.

Just think!  He's the brightest and best of the lot!

Can you imagine what the IQ's are of the lurkers??  :happyhappy:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline LMAO

« Reply #340 on: January 30, 2019, 10:08:49 pm »
Dumbest damn crap anyone ever came up with,so you KNOW the Dims are going to love it because it opens the door to teach Islam in public schools

Despite being one of those “brainwashed believers” :tongue2:, I agree with both you and @kevindavis on this. Private religious schools are another matter

@sneakypete

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline musiclady

« Reply #341 on: January 30, 2019, 10:09:37 pm »

Good point.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #342 on: January 30, 2019, 10:11:03 pm »
He does have leftist leanings....  just saying.

@The Ghost

NOBODY leans further left than devout Christians.  Christ was the original communist.

Marx understood you were his biggest competition for total control over the minds and hearts of the masses,so he took over control of the Russian Orthodox Church in Russia,and banned all others.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #343 on: January 30, 2019, 10:11:10 pm »
Dumbest damn crap anyone ever came up with,so you KNOW the Dims are going to love it because it opens the door to teach Islam in public schools.

There are school districts mandating the teaching of islam all over the country.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #344 on: January 30, 2019, 10:15:03 pm »
@roamer_1

No. It should be left up to the various religious to do their own damn brainwashing in their own damn facilities.

If you think this is a good idea,I don't want to see you  whining about teaching Islam in public schools.

I already said that might be fine over in michigan, where they have significant muslim populations... There might as well be none up in here... Why teach what no one wants?

In the mean time, far more of the children are Christian hereabouts... WAY more than ain't == So send those that don't want to participate to a study hall, and leave the rest alone.

The majority is not to be held hostage by the minority

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #345 on: January 30, 2019, 10:15:43 pm »

Folks should leave other folks be and let em live like they know how.

@roamer_1

THAT I can agree with. I have no problem with you wanting to brainwash YOUR children if that is what you want,but leave everyone else's children out of it.

Actually,that is a minor lie. I DO object to you teaching your children to be superstitious fools,but they ARE YOUR children,and as long as you aren't making them walk on fire or do other things that are physically dangerous,it's really none of my business. Or any business of the local or state authorities.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #346 on: January 30, 2019, 10:16:26 pm »
@roamer_1   @kevindavis

The part where his superstition isn't the only one that should be brainwashing students in public schools.

If you want your offsprung to be raised believing in mythical creatures that rule over the world,send them to a private religious school. The public schools already have enough problems as it is.

Riiiight... leaving those in public schools being indoctrinated by liberalism instead. Great idea! /not

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #347 on: January 30, 2019, 10:17:19 pm »
@sneakypete

Here's what I can tell you. It's an absolute historical FACT that there would be no USA if it weren't for the Churches that were around prior to its existence.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #348 on: January 30, 2019, 10:17:46 pm »
@roamer_1
@QueenCatofAragon
@Freya

I don't think a Bible study course in school can be done.  The instructor is going to interpret the scripture according to his/her belief.  As soon as the kid would get home and tell what he/she learned, if it was not what parents believe, they would be at the Superintendent's office with their Bible in their hands.  There is no way to do this and please every parent of the kids.  And, if there are non-believers in the class, a law suit will be in the court immediately. 

I teach a Bible class at my church - we are "one" in our core Bible belief.  All of you should come - we have coffee and pastries - okay, maybe that is why they come rather than coming to listen to me.  This coming Saturday we will finish the study of "The Revelation to John". 

Bible class in schools is not going to work.

@Victoria33

I agree with every word you wrote above.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #349 on: January 30, 2019, 10:18:13 pm »
@skeeter

Of course you are. You can't possibly be stupid enough to think anything else.

Yeah Pete I know - anyone who disagrees with you on the subject of Christianity is a stupid superstitious yokel. If there’s one thing you’ve made crystal clear here it’s that.

Still, I disagree.