Author Topic: Trump touts proposed Bible literacy classes in state schools  (Read 36760 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Trump touts proposed Bible literacy classes in state schools
« Reply #300 on: January 30, 2019, 09:04:18 pm »
Four followers. Nobody's reading his posts?

Based on what he's shown us here, why would they?  happy77
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online corbe

« Reply #301 on: January 30, 2019, 09:08:13 pm »
  Those followers are probably his Mom and 3 sisters.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline BlueHammer

« Reply #302 on: January 30, 2019, 09:08:28 pm »
Translation for us knuckle-draggers:  "We will bury you."

yup.....sooner or later, you're going to be surrounded by mixed race people and the only hope you have is that they are LGBTQ and stop reproducing

Offline musiclady

« Reply #303 on: January 30, 2019, 09:09:40 pm »

Or maybe includes Grandma instead of one of his sisters..........

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline BlueHammer

« Reply #304 on: January 30, 2019, 09:10:07 pm »

my mom is dead and I have no sisters.........but keep trying......renting space in your frontal lobe was not my plan but........

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #305 on: January 30, 2019, 09:10:45 pm »
that's an interpretation.......is the word BIBLE anywhere in the constitution?

it's like saying that the country got it's start in Boston so the rest of you are just a bunch of worthless followers

Your post mean's you have zero knowledge about our founding fathers.

America’s founders quoted heavily from the Bible, Montesquieu, Blackstone, and Locke---in that order.

In his The Spirit of Laws, Baron Montesquieu wrote: “We shall see that we owe to Christianity, in government, a certain political law, and in war a certain law of nations—benefits which human nature can never sufficiently acknowledge.”

Sir William Blackstone, who has often been quoted by the Supreme Court, said that the laws of nature were written by God and were supplemented by the Holy Scriptures. He wrote: “This law of nature being…dictated by God Himself, is of course superior in obligation to any other. It is binding over all the globe, in all countries, and at all times. No human laws are of any validity if contrary to this.”

John Locke penned: “The Bible is one of the greatest blessings bestowed by God on the children of men.” I used to have a Sunday school teacher, Dr. Greg Forster, who earned his Ph.D. at Yale studying Locke and became a Christian because of Locke’s classic book, The Reasonableness of Christianity.

Although not all framers of the Declaration and Constitution were orthodox Christians, about 95 percent of the founding fathers were active members of Trinitarian Christian churches. To many of them, the Christian faith was central in their lives:

In his “Circular to the States” (1783), George Washington said that America could never hope to be a happy nation unless we learned to imitate Jesus, “the divine author of our blessed religion.”

In his Inaugural Address (1797), John Adams calls “a decent respect for Christianity among the best recommendations for the public service.”

Thomas Jefferson said that Jesus is the reason we can have religious freedom. To force people to believe in religious views they don’t share are a departure from Him, “the holy author of our religion.” Jefferson wrote this in his Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom (1777, adopted 1786).

James Madison, a key leader in the creation of the Constitution, wrote that our obligations to God come before those to the state: “Before any man can be considered as a member of Civil Society, he must be considered as a subject of the Governor of the Universe.”

As to the Masonic charge, I view it as an anachronistic charge. The Masons in America did not become anti-Christian until the 1830s and thereafter, long after the time of the framing of our founding documents.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #306 on: January 30, 2019, 09:11:13 pm »
you're struggling with the language......I never said that

Didn't have to...it's been implied in every post you've made.

but here goes:

immigration? It's problem but trump is too stupid to work with congress to generate a solution. do we need a whole wall? no....but improving barrier infrastructure would have my vote

Improving the "barrier infrastructure" IS building a wall.  Implement the fancy electronic monitoring after the wall/fence/barrier is built.
 It's called a layered defense.  Even the head if ICE says they need the wall built to secure the border.  Congress has sat on their hands since 2006 when the Secure Fence Act was passed and did next to nothing to implement the law they agreed to.  Then Pelosi took over and the funding was reduced to a trickle until Obama came along and unfunded it.  Our southern border is wide open at this point and the vast majority of human trafficking...drugs gangs and illegal aliens take advantage of the lack of security we have down there to move north and wreak havoc.

What is so hard to understand about that?

Oh and good fences make good neighbors.

tax cut? what tax cut? 2018 is going to cost me $10000 more than 2017....the tax cut along with the deficit during an economic expansion is pretty stupid......so we are going to run close to the same deficits as during a mortgage crisis when the government was basically shoving trillions into the economy......mmmmkay

My break on taxes was nicer this year compared to last.  Maybe you need a new accountant.  Who was telling the fed to run round after round of QE?  Wasn't Trump.  And while he's signed some huge spending bills...he's got a long way to go before he tops Obama and Bush 43 in adding to the National Debt.

Even in the 20 year economic boom that Reagan created there deficits.  What's your point?

Quick question...where do spending bills originate?

foreign policy? it's being run by the russians

Where is your proof?

i support bringing all military home from the middle east and afghanistan...we can always go back

"I don't like to pay for the same real estate twice." ~ General George Patton

I don't mind the increase in defense spending, but it's criminal that there has not been an improvement in helping vets

The vet crisis is a shame.  Wouldn't it be nice if they still had the 700 million in their budget that was taken from them to help make Obamacare look "revenue neutral".

Best fix for the VA...let veterans pick the hospital and/or provider they want to go to.  Simple as that.

pro-choice .... freedom, baby

But what about freedom for the baby?

we could solve much of the fiscal mess by attacking waste and fraud
in favor of government provided voter ID as well as eliminating the electoral college

You almost had a good thing going there with Voter ID.  Your Progressive roots came out on the dissolution of the EC.  It's put there to keep small dark blue areas on each coast from dictating to the rest of the country how things will be.

The EC goes away your Progressive brethren will force their idea of Utopia on all of us and it will be the end of the U.S. as we know it.

I just think in general, that many of you here have built up so much negativity towards the left .... but they're not going anywhere .... in fact, if anything, the right is losing the numbers game and there's only so much that gerrymandering can hold back.

The left has brought it on themselves with their marxist desires for the U.S.  Their demands for speech codes...their anti gun...pro criminal stances...abortion bordering in infanticide...their denial of science when it comes to gender and their belief in junk science when it comes to climate not to mention the outright racism that has never left the Democrat party that is rearing its ugly head again...that doesn't resonate well with the majority of the people.  And it's gonna get worse if this current crop of hard left Congress Critters that got elected stay for more than one or two terms.  Marxist Alex From The Bronx and the Taliban Triplets are pushing back against the Progressives and IMHO we're about to se a case of the Dems eating their own much in the same way we've seen with the hard core Trump base waging war on the Conservatives in the party.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline BlueHammer

« Reply #307 on: January 30, 2019, 09:11:36 pm »
Or maybe includes Grandma instead of one of his sisters..........

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 09:19:12 pm by Mod5 »

Offline DB

« Reply #308 on: January 30, 2019, 09:11:51 pm »
Blue Yammer isn't here to learn....he's here to lecture us until we see the errors of our ways and stop being miserable.   this one has no capacity for learning, and in that he's different from Dex and Jazzy.  I have respect for those guys.

He's here to feed his ego because he's just certain that he's smarter than everyone here. That certainty betrays is brilliance exposing him for what he is.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #309 on: January 30, 2019, 09:12:43 pm »
yup.....sooner or later, you're going to be surrounded by mixed race people and the only hope you have is that they are LGBTQ and stop reproducing

More ignorance on parade. My mixed race son is your kind's worst nightmare.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #310 on: January 30, 2019, 09:12:52 pm »
that's an interpretation.......is the word BIBLE anywhere in the constitution?

it's like saying that the country got it's start in Boston so the rest of you are just a bunch of worthless followers

You probably think the wall of separation is in the Constitution don't you?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #311 on: January 30, 2019, 09:13:00 pm »
my mom is dead and I have no sisters.........but keep trying............

Your babysitter?  Your maiden aunt?  Your (current) 10th grade social studies teacher??   :silly:

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #312 on: January 30, 2019, 09:13:59 pm »
Four followers. Nobody's reading his posts?

@mountaineer

Almost nobody, it looks like. 
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #313 on: January 30, 2019, 09:14:08 pm »

And the left thinks we're the racists.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline musiclady

« Reply #314 on: January 30, 2019, 09:15:53 pm »
And the left thinks we're the racists.  *****rollingeyes*****

I see what you were talking about, @txradioguy

He comes back to say more stupid things on this thread, and the guest count goes up to 25.

Whew.  He's quite the draw!  LOL!!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #315 on: January 30, 2019, 09:16:13 pm »
my mom is dead and I have no sisters.........but keep trying......renting space in your frontal lobe was not my plan but........

I've asked a couple of times now what was said on that Patriots forum that made you want to register here?.....or did you see TBR on twitter?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #316 on: January 30, 2019, 09:16:51 pm »

Probably so, lol.

What's funny to me is that @BlueHammer rolled up in here thinking he was the smart guy among a bunch of troglodytes, but he's too backward and dumb to cover his tracks on social media.  It's 2019, lol.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline LMAO

« Reply #317 on: January 30, 2019, 09:18:30 pm »

.  Our constitution is meant only for a Christian people, who believe in a God. Not islam.

So if one is an atheist or agnostic the Constitution isn’t applicable to them? What about Americans who follow other religious beliefs?

@LegalAmerican
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 09:29:20 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #318 on: January 30, 2019, 09:23:46 pm »
I've asked a couple of times now what was said on that Patriots forum that made you want to register here?.....or did you see TBR on twitter?

@BlueHammer  I strongly suggest you answer the Owner's question...in PM if you want.  She's asked you more than once.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #319 on: January 30, 2019, 09:25:16 pm »
Probably so, lol.

What's funny to me is that @BlueHammer rolled up in here thinking he was the smart guy among a bunch of troglodytes, but he's too backward and dumb to cover his tracks on social media.  It's 2019, lol.

If he just used the name "John Effin Smith" his tracks would have been better covered.   :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #320 on: January 30, 2019, 09:25:23 pm »

Maybe Tom Brady is one of those 'bitter' Freepers.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #321 on: January 30, 2019, 09:28:31 pm »
I see what you were talking about, @txradioguy

He comes back to say more stupid things on this thread, and the guest count goes up to 25.

Whew.  He's quite the draw!  LOL!!

Window lickers one and all.  They've got their faces pressed tot he glass to see what's going on with their volunteer for the troll mission...too scared to join in themselves.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #322 on: January 30, 2019, 09:30:28 pm »
Our constitution is meant only for a Christian people, who believe in a God. Not islam.

Speaking of bullsh*t.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline musiclady

« Reply #324 on: January 30, 2019, 09:35:25 pm »
Speaking of bullsh*t.  *****rollingeyes*****

I think perhaps a debate between our troll and this one would be a wonderful match of intellect, no?  wink777