Author Topic: Trump touts proposed Bible literacy classes in state schools  (Read 36744 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Trump touts proposed Bible literacy classes in state schools
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2019, 10:47:04 pm »
Don't think that local school districts won't go after people who keep their kids out of the public schools and homeschool them. People=funding. If you do homeschool, fully expect social services on your doorstep, and if they have to, they will make up stuff to ensure the parents can't homeschool (they did in my area).

Yeah. Lucky for us, the Rockies, and particularly the northern Rockies are infused with a libertarian bent. We don't cotton to folks telling us what to do. Homeschooling will thrive here better than most places.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2019, 10:50:55 pm »
Nicely stated, @ABX , but I will take exception to it, as I truly think it is the other way around.

More and more I think the thing that keeps a society coloring between the lines, is the continuity between all aspects of a society. In part you are right - in that part - But I think it goes the other way around. I think religion has recoiled from society into the homes thereof precisely because it can no longer survive in the broader sphere. And in that, polite society, *all of it*, has also retreated, and we are left with cacophony and crime.

All of it is applied with force - Folks know how important that homogeneity is in culture, and folks have stood up to fight this infection at every turn, because it is so important to a culture.

We have not gone down this path on our own. It has been imposed. Every single thing that is the glue of culture has been purposefully eroded,and law has been used to continue that erosion, preventing folks from fixing the problem.

You are seeing the result of that imposition, and the continuing liberalism, beginning in the cities and leeching out like a poison into the countryside... Even now, the very heartland has become infected, and there is little left that can be done, without what's left standing up come hell or high water, as a people, and saying oh hell no, and putting it back the way it was.

But that is becoming ever harder to do - because this grim disease is no longer hidden in metaphors and and things spoken in whispers... It strides boldly in the halls of power. It owns federal law. It owns the media. It owns corporate board rooms.

It pours this vile shit down the throats of our young, taxes us blind, using our own money to give itself impetus, doubling and redoubling with every generation.

People have fought against it for decades, but our own laws have been perverted to stand in our way, against a foe 3000 miles away...

Given their own head, with the law to protect them, most communities would outlaw abortion. Most would outlaw gay marriage, most would instill morality into their community, just like they always have. If you think my little town would not put those 10 commandments back in front of the courthouse and back in every classroom, and would not re-institute public prayer, and do everything they could to put sin back on the other side of the tracks, you've got another think coming.

We cannot. It is being prevented and smothered as another culture is imposed from on high.

Gets my vote for post of the year.  Maybe the decade!  100% spot on! 

@roamer_1
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2019, 11:04:20 pm »
Gets my vote for post of the year.  Maybe the decade!  100% spot on! 

@roamer_1

:)

:beer:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2019, 11:13:14 pm »
Nicely stated, @ABX , but I will take exception to it, as I truly think it is the other way around.

More and more I think the thing that keeps a society coloring between the lines, is the continuity between all aspects of a society. In part you are right - in that part - But I think it goes the other way around. I think religion has recoiled from society into the homes thereof precisely because it can no longer survive in the broader sphere. And in that, polite society, *all of it*, has also retreated, and we are left with cacophony and crime.

All of it is applied with force - Folks know how important that homogeneity is in culture, and folks have stood up to fight this infection at every turn, because it is so important to a culture.

We have not gone down this path on our own. It has been imposed. Every single thing that is the glue of culture has been purposefully eroded,and law has been used to continue that erosion, preventing folks from fixing the problem.

You are seeing the result of that imposition, and the continuing liberalism, beginning in the cities and leeching out like a poison into the countryside... Even now, the very heartland has become infected, and there is little left that can be done, without what's left standing up come hell or high water, as a people, and saying oh hell no, and putting it back the way it was.

But that is becoming ever harder to do - because this grim disease is no longer hidden in metaphors and and things spoken in whispers... It strides boldly in the halls of power. It owns federal law. It owns the media. It owns corporate board rooms.

It pours this vile shit down the throats of our young, taxes us blind, using our own money to give itself impetus, doubling and redoubling with every generation.

People have fought against it for decades, but our own laws have been perverted to stand in our way, against a foe 3000 miles away...

Given their own head, with the law to protect them, most communities would outlaw abortion. Most would outlaw gay marriage, most would instill morality into their community, just like they always have. If you think my little town would not put those 10 commandments back in front of the courthouse and back in every classroom, and would not re-institute public prayer, and do everything they could to put sin back on the other side of the tracks, you've got another think coming.

We cannot. It is being prevented and smothered as another culture is imposed from on high.

Wow....... is that a GREAT post, @roamer_1 !

BRAVO!!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2019, 11:17:03 pm »

Well said!
In this day and age, media set the 'norms' in people's minds, and what is seen in media is a gross distortion of what is real. Those who don't know any better  (young and impressionable, especially) think what they see on TV, from the sitcoms to the dramas to the DIY channel are how 'normal' people live, and act accordingly to fit in.
That's where the problems arise, because their model is deeply flawed, does not represent much of society, and not a model anyone really wants to live with. 
You are right that the very viable alternative, with minor adjustments over the past century, is being quashed by decree in the public schools and elsewhere, so ordinary clean and righteous living doesn't get exposure in media or education, just the bizarre and sensationalist stuff that gets ratings and sells soap, or the degeneracy that reflects the 'tastes' of the programmers.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2019, 11:27:13 pm »

Nailed it to a T.  100% Spot on!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2019, 11:31:17 pm »
I'm fine with this as long as they use the right version and guidance- the 1861 Presbiluthertarianism Calvin Edition (with the post Hobbs translation of Isiah 63, not the pre-translation which is heresy) as written about by Sister Abigal Hogbottom in the Cleveland Ohio First Church of Rain Run-off and Blessings.

Everything else is heresy and should be banned.

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump. I ran over and said: "Stop. Don't do it."

"Why shouldn't I?" he asked.

"Well, there's so much to live for!"

"Like what?"

"Are you religious?"

He said: "Yes."

I said: "Me too. Are you Christian or Buddhist?"

"Christian."

"Me too. Are you Catholic or Protestant?"

"Protestant."

"Me too. Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"

"Baptist."

"Wow. Me too. Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"

"Baptist Church of God."

"Me too. Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"

"Reformed Baptist Church of God."

"Me too. Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915?"

He said: "Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915."

I said: "Die, heretic scum," and pushed him off.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2019, 11:33:16 pm »

Outstanding, @roamer_1 !!

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2019, 11:33:23 pm »
Nailed it to a T.  100% Spot on!

That makes it unanimous among those I most respect here.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2019, 11:41:58 pm »
That makes it unanimous among those I most respect here.

The sentiment is reciprocal!  :patriot:

Offline BlueHammer

« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2019, 02:12:50 am »

One question ..... did you go out and goose step around the yard after you finished typing this?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #136 on: January 30, 2019, 02:16:45 am »
One question ..... did you go out and goose step around the yard after you finished typing this?

So, rather than break his piece down and refute/address them, you imply he's a Nazi or Fascist?

If you're going to troll our forum, you're going to have to do better than that.

Homey don't play that 'round here.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #137 on: January 30, 2019, 02:17:11 am »
Now you are implying people are Nazis? Does your mommy know you are screwing around with the computer?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2019, 02:18:09 am »

Post up some Hitler images will you. It will make your comment more convincing.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

« Reply #139 on: January 30, 2019, 02:18:55 am »
   Many Briefers always give a new member a wide berth, I do, just ask @LegalAmerican but your 1 act Minstrel Show is growing tired rather quickly, @BlueHammer and as your novelty wears off, so will you to never be heard from again, here.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline BlueHammer

« Reply #140 on: January 30, 2019, 02:22:58 am »
   Many Briefers always give a new member a wide berth, I do, just ask @LegalAmerican but your 1 act Minstrel Show is growing tired rather quickly, @BlueHammer and as your novelty wears off, so will you to never be heard from again, here.

Now that I found this place, I intend on remaining ..... there is just too much fun to be had

Fact is, you’d like to get rid of all liberals....but you need em, and that really burns you up

Offline BlueHammer

« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2019, 02:23:40 am »
Post up some Hitler images will you. It will make your comment more convincing.

No need......you got the point

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2019, 02:24:27 am »

You sound disgruntled... Like you were turdned down by Antifa. There's some fascists for ya.

And like I said before, what the heck does it matter to you all the way over there in Massivetwoshits?

Worry about your own damn neck of the woods and leave mine the hell alone.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2019, 02:26:27 am »
So, rather than break his piece down and refute/address them, you imply he's a Nazi or Fascist?

He ain't got the stones.

Offline corbe

« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2019, 02:29:32 am »
Now that I found this place, I intend on remaining ..... there is just too much fun to be had

Fact is, you’d like to get rid of all liberals....but you need em, and that really burns you up

You severely underestimate the powers that be here @BlueHammer
    Incidentally Liberals don't give me half the Heartburn Trumpers do, BUT again you have no clue about Briefers that you paint with your broad brush.

PS: you aint worth a time~out, I'll leave that up to someone else or Management.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline BlueHammer

« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2019, 02:32:38 am »
    You severely underestimate the powers that be here @BlueHammer
    Incidentally Liberals don't give me half the Heartburn Trumpers do, BUT again you have no clue about Briefers that you paint with your broad brush.

PS: you aint worth a time~out, I'll leave that up to someone else or Management.

Ok......thanks......it’s easy to ban someone, I know.....but it won’t make you any closer to the truth

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2019, 02:34:15 am »
Ok......thanks......it’s easy to ban someone, I know.....but it won’t make you any closer to the truth
And YOU will?  **nononono*

:silly:

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2019, 02:35:52 am »
   I would love to start a poll:

How long should TBR allow Bluehammer to play here?

Of Course It would be deleted immediately with a stern scolding from Management and I'm already in deep $hit in that Category.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2019, 02:37:06 am »
And YOU will?  **nononono*

:silly:

Sure!   He has all the answers.  Just ask him.  Wait...don't bother.  He'll just tell you.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2019, 02:38:07 am »
Fat Farting Santa