Author Topic: Trump touts proposed Bible literacy classes in state schools  (Read 36566 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Trump touts proposed Bible literacy classes in state schools
« Reply #375 on: January 30, 2019, 11:33:35 pm »
@Sanguine

I hate all organized religions equally because they all share the desire to make the world their slaves.

I appreciate your consistency.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #376 on: January 30, 2019, 11:34:05 pm »
Yeah sure you did. You may have read it...but clearly you don’t understand the Bible.

There’s a big difference.

If you understood the Bible you wouldn’t sound like Nancy Pelosi right now.

@txradioguy

LOL! Bet you had to make the sign of the cross before you wrote that,didn't you?

Communism is just another religion,and one that was ripped off from the Christians at that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #377 on: January 30, 2019, 11:36:00 pm »
@The Ghost

Well,it SHOULD have been. He was the original communist. He was also most likely a homosexual.  Dude in his 30's that has never been with a woman and lives in a commune with a bunch of hairy-assed men. If his name was George Smith you would want  him locked up.

I’ve never blocked a single person here, but there’s always a first time.

@sneakypete, I wish you well with your medical issues, but I don’t want to see this kind of filth on my screen.  No matter what happened in your past, you’re old and you aren’t that well, and if you go on this way, you are a fool.  If you have a grain of sense, you’ll put aside that hate long enough to ask God to show you something.   Before it’s too late, and before your heart gets so hard that He leaves you to it.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #378 on: January 30, 2019, 11:38:07 pm »
@txradioguy

LOL! Bet you had to make the sign of the cross before you wrote that,didn't you?

Communism is just another religion,and one that was ripped off from the Christians at that.

Your mind reading skills suck Pete.

You guessed wrong.    It don’t let that stop you from continuing your. Boadbrush trashing of religion.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #379 on: January 30, 2019, 11:38:41 pm »
who says I get to dictate anything? take some deep breaths ..... get your thoughts straight

Ah, so then you agree with Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #380 on: January 30, 2019, 11:39:33 pm »
I know we did not part on the best of terms, @QueenCatofAragon, but I really do appreciate your looking into that sewer for us...for professional reasons....

@Cyber Liberty

You’re welcome, but I have an account there.  I tweet almost every day.  I found @kevindavis there and we talk occasionally.  There’s a lot of crap on Twitter, but there’s also a lot of good stuff, and just mindless fun, too.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #381 on: January 30, 2019, 11:40:22 pm »
@sneakypete you are dead wrong here.  Your hatred of Christianity is only overshadowed by your ignorance of it.

That's right. In fact, by a very large margin, principled Conservatives tend to be Christian.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #382 on: January 30, 2019, 11:48:33 pm »
@roamer_1

Uhhhh,they ain't teaching liberalism in schools,dood. They are teaching totalitarianism,must like the Catholic Church of Europe did back in the middle ages. All they are lacking is the stocks outside the schools to put the troublemakers in so people can walk by and throw stuff at them.

Yeah Pete... that's what they call liberalism nowadays. Try to keep up.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #383 on: January 30, 2019, 11:55:33 pm »
Addressing the original topic....

I lean against this idea for different reasons than the leftists, and for the same reason I don't want states subsidizing private Christian academies.  The moment a government starts subsidizing something, the pressure is on to change that something into an atheistic/amoral thing. 

It would be wise to keep the filthy government mitts well away from things spiritual.  Ceasar's coin and all that.

That's right at the federal level... But mark my words, not a damn thing is going to change as long as folks can't teach kids moral virtue as they see fit - To include community and county, and maybe even state, to the degree that the state may be necessary... All of which are elected positions, that the people can control if left to their own devices.

There is no reason at all that public schools should be teaching differently than the community would have them- Teaching AGAINST what the community at large supports.

I am all for big gov being out of schools, but townships are another thing altogether.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #384 on: January 30, 2019, 11:58:39 pm »
It's wonderful to see Trump witnessing Christ even though Trump has never asked for forgiveness, nor can he site a Bible verse.  It's a miracle.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #385 on: January 31, 2019, 12:21:42 am »
I’ve never blocked a single person here, but there’s always a first time.

@sneakypete, I wish you well with your medical issues, but I don’t want to see this kind of filth on my screen.  No matter what happened in your past, you’re old and you aren’t that well, and if you go on this way, you are a fool.  If you have a grain of sense, you’ll put aside that hate long enough to ask God to show you something.   Before it’s too late, and before your heart gets so hard that He leaves you to it.

@sneakypete you would be wise to pay heed to what this lady is trying to tell you.  I'll be a bit more blunt (you can curse me, block me, or otherwise carry on like a wild savage; I don't mind).  Use that big brain of yours and do some thinking.  Ponder: why do so many people here that you have never met (nor most likely ever will), take a serious interest in your recent health challenges?  Many of whom you have cursed out and attacked savagely in terms of our faith.  We put that aside, pay it no mind.  Why?  Because we care about YOU.

Of course we care about your physical health and well being.  But more importantly we care about your eternal rest.  We like you, Arthur.  We would hate to see your soul lost to eternal damnation.  That's why so many have told you that we would be praying for you (even though you have let us know clearly what you "think" about our God, our faith, and our view of eternal salvation).  Speaking for myself, I believe that you are worth it!  Worth taking the risk that you will verbally chop my head off.  Because if there is one iota of a chance that you will reach out to someone (here or elsewhere) before it is too late for you, then it is well worth it.

It really isn't a hard decision for a man like yourself to make, once you understand the beauty and simplicity of it.  Once you understand the gift that is waiting with your name on it.  Your biggest challenge is to get yourself to the point that you recognize that YOU are worthwhile, that YOU are worth saving.

Be well.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #386 on: January 31, 2019, 01:24:03 am »
@sneakypete you would be wise to pay heed to what this lady is trying to tell you.  I'll be a bit more blunt (you can curse me, block me, or otherwise carry on like a wild savage; I don't mind).  Use that big brain of yours and do some thinking.  Ponder: why do so many people here that you have never met (nor most likely ever will), take a serious interest in your recent health challenges?  Many of whom you have cursed out and attacked savagely in terms of our faith.  We put that aside, pay it no mind.  Why?  Because we care about YOU.

Of course we care about your physical health and well being.  But more importantly we care about your eternal rest.  We like you, Arthur.  We would hate to see your soul lost to eternal damnation.  That's why so many have told you that we would be praying for you (even though you have let us know clearly what you "think" about our God, our faith, and our view of eternal salvation).  Speaking for myself, I believe that you are worth it!  Worth taking the risk that you will verbally chop my head off.  Because if there is one iota of a chance that you will reach out to someone (here or elsewhere) before it is too late for you, then it is well worth it.

It really isn't a hard decision for a man like yourself to make, once you understand the beauty and simplicity of it.  Once you understand the gift that is waiting with your name on it.  Your biggest challenge is to get yourself to the point that you recognize that YOU are worthwhile, that YOU are worth saving.

Be well.

Amen! Well said, Ed....... WELL said.

And absolutely true.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline corbe

« Reply #387 on: January 31, 2019, 01:39:34 am »
   For those that will miss Bluehammer I will double up on my stupid $hit for the next 2 days.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #388 on: January 31, 2019, 01:40:49 am »
   For those that will miss Bluehammer I will double up on my stupid $hit for the next 2 days.

Sorry, Corbs, but you're a piker compared to him. 

Offline corbe

« Reply #389 on: January 31, 2019, 01:42:50 am »
 wink777
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #390 on: January 31, 2019, 01:43:51 am »

No more bluehammer?

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #391 on: January 31, 2019, 01:50:07 am »
No more bluehammer?

Do you miss him?....all he had to do is answer my question... :whistle:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

« Reply #392 on: January 31, 2019, 01:50:10 am »
   I was wondering why he hadn't posted in a couple of hours and checked the Member list and he's not there, so I assume the Mods got tired of his BS. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #393 on: January 31, 2019, 01:51:43 am »

You bet!  Like a dose of caster oil!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #394 on: January 31, 2019, 01:53:09 am »
   I do give the Mods credit for allowing us something to play with from time to time.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #395 on: January 31, 2019, 02:04:38 am »

Yeah, I kinda do. I didn't get to have any bighead fun.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #396 on: January 31, 2019, 02:09:47 am »
That's right at the federal level... But mark my words, not a damn thing is going to change as long as folks can't teach kids moral virtue as they see fit - To include community and county, and maybe even state, to the degree that the state may be necessary... All of which are elected positions, that the people can control if left to their own devices.

There is no reason at all that public schools should be teaching differently than the community would have them- Teaching AGAINST what the community at large supports.

I am all for big gov being out of schools, but townships are another thing altogether.

I agree with that about the townships.  That is at the local level where every parent knows somebody on the School Board.  There needs to be some way of pooling resources to run the schools, so there is community involvement.  But I want the Feds and States out of the decision making loop because the bureaucrats are too damned far away and aloof to respond to the local community's desires.

Just look at the way our betters in DeeCee treat us knuckle-draggers.  I have difficulty trying to decide what Jimmy Carter is going to Hell for:  Unleashing Iran's brutal Mullahs or creating the Department of Education.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #397 on: January 31, 2019, 02:12:29 am »

I did warn him about that.  Ignoring the Owner's questions is not the smartest approach if one wants to stay.  You are a nice person and easy to talk to, unlike some other Forums we know of.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #398 on: January 31, 2019, 02:14:34 am »
@Cyber Liberty

You’re welcome, but I have an account there.  I tweet almost every day.  I found @kevindavis there and we talk occasionally.  There’s a lot of crap on Twitter, but there’s also a lot of good stuff, and just mindless fun, too.

Mucho appreciado!  It would appear Nancy has already pulled the big chain on that one.  He was a fun chew-toy, while he lasted.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #399 on: January 31, 2019, 02:21:22 am »

Damn he got the ban hammer. I put some to
E and effort into debunking his crap.

Now I won’t get to see his typical DU responses.

:shrug:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!