Author Topic: Trump touts proposed Bible literacy classes in state schools  (Read 36830 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Trump touts proposed Bible literacy classes in state schools
« Reply #350 on: January 30, 2019, 10:18:51 pm »
Yeah Pete I know - anyone who disagrees with you on the subject of Christianity is a stupid superstitious yokel. If there’s one thing you’ve made crystal clear here it’s that.

Still, I disagree.

Me too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #351 on: January 30, 2019, 10:19:00 pm »
@roamer_1

THAT I can agree with. I have no problem with you wanting to brainwash YOUR children if that is what you want,but leave everyone else's children out of it.

Actually,that is a minor lie. I DO object to you teaching your children to be superstitious fools,but they ARE YOUR children,and as long as you aren't making them walk on fire or do other things that are physically dangerous,it's really none of my business. Or any business of the local or state authorities.

Like I already said - You must be happy with the liberalism they are teaching instead

Online roamer_1

Offline musiclady

« Reply #353 on: January 30, 2019, 10:20:30 pm »
Riiiight... leaving those in public schools being indoctrinated by liberalism instead. Great idea! /not

The complete disaster that is our public school system is DIRECTLY the result of the influence and power of atheism over them.

Before MMO'Hare, our schools were educating, not only intellectually, but helping to develop character.

Now they are doing neither.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #354 on: January 30, 2019, 10:20:37 pm »
Basically, I agree.  A school sponsored after-school Bible class might work.

@Emjay

What right does your school have to try to brainwash other people's children,either during or after school?

If they don't have a right to do it during school hours,they damn sure don't have the right to do it after school.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #355 on: January 30, 2019, 10:29:08 pm »
The complete disaster that is our public school system is DIRECTLY the result of the influence and power of atheism over them.

Before MMO'Hare, our schools were educating, not only intellectually, but helping to develop character.

That's right... When I had to pull my kids out of Christian school and put them in public, the difference was enough to make you shudder... It took a full two years for the new schooling to get caught up to where my kids already were.

And nothing more toward integrity... nothing. Nothing to do with civics. it is deplorable.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #356 on: January 30, 2019, 10:29:54 pm »
@The Ghost

NOBODY leans further left than devout Christians.  Christ was the original communist.

Marx understood you were his biggest competition for total control over the minds and hearts of the masses,so he took over control of the Russian Orthodox Church in Russia,and banned all others.

My quote "He does Have leftist Leanings" was not in reference to  Jesus you Christ hating hockey puck.  It was directed at, and to our newest door knob of a liberal troll... The blue "Tidy Bowl" Hammer.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 10:30:26 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #357 on: January 30, 2019, 10:40:55 pm »
@The Ghost

NOBODY leans further left than devout Christians.  Christ was the original communist.

Marx understood you were his biggest competition for total control over the minds and hearts of the masses,so he took over control of the Russian Orthodox Church in Russia,and banned all others.

@sneakypete you are dead wrong here.  Your hatred of Christianity is only overshadowed by your ignorance of it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #358 on: January 30, 2019, 10:53:32 pm »
Addressing the original topic....

I lean against this idea for different reasons than the leftists, and for the same reason I don't want states subsidizing private Christian academies.  The moment a government starts subsidizing something, the pressure is on to change that something into an atheistic/amoral thing. 

It would be wise to keep the filthy government mitts well away from things spiritual.  Ceasar's coin and all that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #359 on: January 30, 2019, 11:08:26 pm »
My quote "He does Have leftist Leanings" was not in reference to  Jesus you Christ hating hockey puck.   

@The Ghost

Well,it SHOULD have been. He was the original communist. He was also most likely a homosexual.  Dude in his 30's that has never been with a woman and lives in a commune with a bunch of hairy-assed men. If his name was George Smith you would want  him locked up.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #360 on: January 30, 2019, 11:08:42 pm »

I lean against this idea for different reasons than the leftists, and for the same reason I don't want states subsidizing private Christian academies.  The moment a government starts subsidizing something, the pressure is on to change that something into an atheistic/amoral thing. 

It would be wise to keep the filthy government mitts well away from things spiritual.  Ceasar's coin and all that.

:amen:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #361 on: January 30, 2019, 11:10:21 pm »
@sneakypete you are dead wrong here.  Your hatred of Christianity is only overshadowed by your ignorance of it.

@Sanguine

Really? Tell me about the teachings and preachings of Christ,and how we are all brothers who should share everything. Wasn't one of his sayings something about "what you do to my brother you do to me.",while proclaiming every man was his brother?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #362 on: January 30, 2019, 11:11:54 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

You are right about that,but they are more concerned with controlling and profiting from what they take over than they are changing it.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #363 on: January 30, 2019, 11:12:53 pm »

Government can't fix this,  this is for "We the People".   Government isn't going to save us from anything, unless we do it ourselves.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #364 on: January 30, 2019, 11:13:33 pm »

Well, look at it this way.......... our little leftist troll now has a friend to play with.  wink777

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #365 on: January 30, 2019, 11:14:01 pm »
@The Ghost

Well,it SHOULD have been. He was the original communist. He was also most likely a homosexual.  Dude in his 30's that has never been with a woman and lives in a commune with a bunch of hairy-assed men. If his name was George Smith you would want  him locked up.

Good job on repeating...and probably actually believing...the falsehoods the Progressives spew about Jesus in order to justify the evil they do.

Bravo!

Next you’ll be telling us Ho Chii Minh was a heroic leader with a righteous cause.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 11:15:51 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #366 on: January 30, 2019, 11:14:08 pm »
Government can't fix this,  this is for "We the People".   Government isn't going to save us from anything, unless we do it ourselves.

Absolutely true on all counts.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #367 on: January 30, 2019, 11:15:38 pm »

:amen: everything the government touches ends up FUBAR!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #368 on: January 30, 2019, 11:16:55 pm »
@Sanguine

Really? Tell me about the teachings and preachings of Christ,and how we are all brothers who should share everything. Wasn't one of his sayings something about "what you do to my brother you do to me.",while proclaiming every man was his brother?

Yes, since we are all children of God, what you do to one, you do to God. 

And, he did require that his apostles and disciples share while prosyletizing, but he did not extend that to society at large, nor did he tell his disciples not to work. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #369 on: January 30, 2019, 11:20:37 pm »
Good job on repeating...and probably actually believing...the falsehoods the Progressives spew about Jesus in order to justify the evil they do.

Bravo!

@txradioguy

Got it all out of a book you may have heard of,named "The Holy Bible". You should read it yourself sometime.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #370 on: January 30, 2019, 11:24:34 pm »
@txradioguy

Got it all out of a book you may have heard of,named "The Holy Bible". You should read it yourself sometime.

Yeah sure you did. You may have read it...but clearly you don’t understand the Bible.

There’s a big difference.

If you understood the Bible you wouldn’t sound like Nancy Pelosi right now.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #371 on: January 30, 2019, 11:25:19 pm »
@sneakypete

Here's what I can tell you. It's an absolute historical FACT that there would be no USA if it weren't for the Churches that were around prior to its existence.

@Bigun

ROFLMAO! Getting away from the various church governments in Europe was the prime reason the original settlers came here. It's why they put separation of church and state in the Constitution.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #372 on: January 30, 2019, 11:29:32 pm »
Like I already said - You must be happy with the liberalism they are teaching instead

@roamer_1

Uhhhh,they ain't teaching liberalism in schools,dood. They are teaching totalitarianism,must like the Catholic Church of Europe did back in the middle ages. All they are lacking is the stocks outside the schools to put the troublemakers in so people can walk by and throw stuff at them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #373 on: January 30, 2019, 11:31:03 pm »

@Sanguine

I hate all organized religions equally because they all share the desire to make the world their slaves.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #374 on: January 30, 2019, 11:32:48 pm »
@Bigun

ROFLMAO! Getting away from the various church governments in Europe was the prime reason the original settlers came here. It's why they put separation of church and state in the Constitution.

Laugh all you want but what I said is still true.  I hate to be the one to tell you this but on this particular subject, you are woefully misinformed!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 11:37:29 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien