Author Topic: Ted Bundy Wasn't Special Or Smart. He Was Just White.  (Read 1930 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Ted Bundy Wasn't Special Or Smart. He Was Just White.
« on: January 28, 2019, 08:36:55 pm »
Ashley Alese Edwards
Refinery29
January 28, 2019

Ted Bundy, though dead for 30 years, is again having his moment in the spotlight. In 2019, the serial killer — who brutally raped and murdered at least 36 women — is the subject of a new four-part docuseries on Netflix, Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes, and will be portrayed by a chiseled Zac Efron in the film Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile, which will be released in theaters on January 26.

In both the docuseries and the film, Bundy is painted as an artful, handsome, and exceptionally intelligent man; one whom you would never, ever think was capable of bludgeoning women to death and then having sex with their corpses. In the movie’s trailer, Efron’s Bundy smirks, winks, seductively takes off his shirt, and passionately rips off a woman's blouse...

But the Ted Bundy of America’s consciousness is a myth. Bundy was not special, he was not smarter than the average person; he did not have a personality so alluring that his female victims could not help but simply go off with him. He did not have a superhuman skill to be one step ahead of the police. What Bundy did have was the power of of being a white man in a society that reveres them and has implicit faith in their abilities. This privilege gave Bundy the ability to make even the most heinous of crimes take second place to his personality. Bundy isn’t even exceptional when compared to other American serial killers. So why is his legacy treated with fascination and twisted admiration rather than condemnation? ...

More

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Re: Ted Bundy Wasn't Special Or Smart. He Was Just White.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 09:12:53 pm »
Horse pucky.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 09:21:36 pm »
No country for White Men.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 09:25:25 pm »
White Serial Killer Privilege.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 09:27:12 pm »
I was a student at UF when Ted rode the lightning.

We were in class at the moment it happened, and somebody in the class flickered the lights on and off.       Everybody in the class just laughed and cheered.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 09:32:54 pm »
Dear "woke" former beauty queen, I don't like Mariah Carey. So we can't be friends.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline TIU

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 09:58:50 pm »
Oh, geez. Bundy killed over 20 women, avoided capture for long periods, and escaped twice. He was an evil scumbag, but a smart one as well.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 10:01:41 pm »
Oh, geez. Bundy killed over 20 women, avoided capture for long periods, and escaped twice. He was an evil scumbag, but a smart one as well.

I read a book about him years ago described as an evil genius....evil beyond words.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 10:47:35 pm »
The comments aren't too kind to the author.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 10:56:08 pm »
The comments aren't too kind to the author.

She should have stuck to being a beauty queen contestant.  It suited her intellect mo better.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 03:14:17 am »
Ted Bundy was so privileged he got himself electrocuted. Talk about a lucky privileged white guy.
The idiot who wrote the article's premise is that all white males get away with anything including murder because white male-dominated society doesn't care.
Who among us didn't cheer inwardly or outwardly when they heard the news about Bundy getting the juice?
Let's not gloss over the fact that white males are far less likely to commit murder than most people considered "minorities.
It's just astonishing that someone would write an article about an evil person like Bundy, whose death millions of white people celebrated, and turn it into I-hate-white-males screed.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 03:44:58 am »
I read a book about him years ago described as an evil genius....evil beyond words.

Ann Rule’s book was fascinating and terrifying. She knew him and didn’t realize he was the guy the police were looking for.

I guess Dahmer and Gacy and Ridgeway were just white too.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 03:46:00 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2019, 03:49:26 am »
LOL. This stupid idiots only value in this world is being effed, not listened to.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2019, 03:51:12 am »
Ted Bundy was so privileged he got himself electrocuted. Talk about a lucky privileged white guy.
The idiot who wrote the article's premise is that all white males get away with anything including murder because white male-dominated society doesn't care.
Who among us didn't cheer inwardly or outwardly when they heard the news about Bundy getting the juice?
Let's not gloss over the fact that white males are far less likely to commit murder than most people considered "minorities.
It's just astonishing that someone would write an article about an evil person like Bundy, whose death millions of white people celebrated, and turn it into I-hate-white-males screed.

Yep. Now consider that this sh*t is just what we're going to be subjected to while the Media are pushing this meme.

Destroy "white" maleness, and you seriously undermine the Western Civilization built largely by white males.

Now ladies, who wants to be the second wife of some tribal chieftain, or some Muslim fellow?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2019, 03:52:54 am »
Ann Rule’s book was fascinating and terrifying. She knew him and didn’t realize he was the guy the police were looking for.

I guess Dahmer and Gacy and Ridgeway were just white too.
IIRC, Dahmer was into Oriental cooking...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 04:24:37 am »
Yep. Now consider that this sh*t is just what we're going to be subjected to while the Media are pushing this meme.

Destroy "white" maleness, and you seriously undermine the Western Civilization built largely by white males.

Now ladies, who wants to be the second wife of some tribal chieftain, or some Muslim fellow?
It takes a special kind of stupid to look at the history of the world in the last 500 years and what group of people created the world we live in today where morons like Edward (who is only known now because of the civilization mostly built by white males) really believe getting rid of them, white  males, will create paradise on earth.
Are they really that stupid? I'd sure like see them live in a society without white males and see how they'd like it. I'm betting they wouldn't like it very much.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2019, 04:31:54 am »
Are they really that stupid?

You are aware that this was written by a rapidly aging pageant queen on a website devoted to discussing if it is safe to douche with chocolate sauce before having sex with your sugar daddy, right?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2019, 04:37:19 am »
You are aware that this was written by a rapidly aging pageant queen on a website devoted to discussing if it is safe to douche with chocolate sauce before having sex with your sugar daddy, right?
**nononono*
D@mn, Frank, you do have an art for putting things in perspective.  :silly:

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2019, 04:40:12 am »
**nononono*
D@mn, Frank, you do have an art for putting things in perspective.  :silly:

Well I was curious what Refinery29 was. Turns out it's a vortex of stupidity.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2019, 04:41:03 am »
Well I was curious what Refinery29 was. Turns out it's a vortex of stupidity.
A vortex? Well, we knew stupidity sucks....

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2019, 04:44:26 am »
A vortex? Well, we knew stupidity sucks....

Apparently is also blows too as evidenced by this writer.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2019, 01:54:38 pm »
I’ve been reading their site for several years, the fashion and makeup is great but the advice for other things like relationships is wack. And their sex tips read like something from the old penthouse letters only from a female perspective.

I take pretty much everything that isn’t fashion or makeup with a grain of salt on it and keep in mind they are writing for 18-35 year old women with college or advanced degrees that make over 50k a year, or more and live in metropolitan cities. It seems to be a small subset of women actually.

Off. Topic if they want a topical serial killer to write about , write about Robert Durst. Ask him where the heck his wife is.

I never thought I’d agree with
@Amb. Frank Cannon on  something, is it a sign of the apocalypse?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 01:58:00 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2019, 02:57:25 pm »

Yes, yes it is.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2019, 02:59:15 pm »

I felt a great disturbance in the Force.