Author Topic: 'Save the Storks:' Pro-Life Activism Without the Picketing  (Read 1495 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
'Save the Storks:' Pro-Life Activism Without the Picketing
« on: January 28, 2019, 01:44:07 am »
This is an old article but, I just found out about this "pro-life" website, "Save the storks", others here may have heard of this. Just passing it on.

https://savethestorks.com

'Save the Storks:' Pro-Life Activism Without the Picketing
By Jeff Schapiro, Christian Post Reporter | Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A group of young people are doing their part to reduce the number of abortions in America, not by picketing with signs and megaphones, but by showing pregnant women sonograms of their unborn children and by sharing the love of Christ.

Save the Storks, a pro-life ministry that uses the stork as the symbol of an expecting mother, is ready to officially set loose its first Stork Bus in Dallas, Texas, on Thursday. The Stork Bus will travel from one abortion clinic to another offering free sonograms and resources to women who may be seeking an abortion with the hope that they will change their minds. The organization focuses on the spiritual needs of the women, too, and they are not afraid to share the Gospel with any woman who will listen.

According to the organization's website, three out of every five women who board the Stork Bus choose not to have an abortion. The theory is that if they can see their children alive inside of them, they may decide not to abort.

Read more at: https://www.christianpost.com/news/save-the-storks-expands-on-effective-approach-to-pro-life-activism.html

It sounded like @skeeter said was "on the mall" last weekend, very admirable. I'm watching the West Coast March For Life this weekend, recorded it from the tv.

Live action news was also mentioned. I do know who they are. I watched the West Coast walk last year too I think. Inspirational.

Offline skeeter

Re: 'Save the Storks:' Pro-Life Activism Without the Picketing
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 03:14:41 pm »
@TomSea my involvement in the MFL last weekend was accidental. I was in DC for other reasons and just found myself among the marchers. As I said before, they were a really wonderful group of young people of the kind I was beginning to believe were extinct. All that has happened to some of them since has turned my stomach.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: 'Save the Storks:' Pro-Life Activism Without the Picketing
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 04:03:34 pm »
The West Coast March which I watched some of was very good and inspirational. They did basically tell the marchers that if they came across people yelling, trying to provoke them, just turn the other cheek but again, rather motivating.