Author Topic: Measles outbreak prompts state of emergency declaration by Washington governor  (Read 1753 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=13&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiFuOKD9o7gAhVIh1QKHSYAAuIQFjAMegQICBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fhealth%2Fwashington-governor-declares-state-of-emergency-after-measles-outbreak&usg=AOvVaw0Vss8jqdyMRj7hBFS6eMd_

The governor of Washington declared a state public health emergency Friday after more than two dozen measles cases have been reported, primarily affecting small children.

Governor Jay Inslee said in a statement that the Washington State Military Department and State Emergency Operations Center will be working with the Department of Health to combat the overwhelming influx of measles cases, of which there have been 32 as of Saturday, according to the DOH.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline dfwgator

Gee, I wonder what possibly could have been the source for those Measles....Hmmmmmmmmm?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
https://www.oregonlive.com/business/2019/01/outbreak-of-preventable-disease-was-inevitable-with-low-vaccination-rates.html

Vancouver-area measles: Low vaccination rates made outbreak ‘inevitable’

Measles outbreaks generally go in 21-day cycles. The virus radiates out from the original carriers to their personal community first, then to the broader community through central locations, then from people who were infected second-hand and then spread it to their own communities.

And it’s doing just that -- one man in King County with measles visited southwest Washington before he was diagnosed, and then Friday night, Multnomah County officials announced an Oregonian had been diagnosed with measles.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
https://13wham.com/news/nation-world/measles-outbreak-grows-in-northwest-us-30-cases-reported

Measles outbreak grows in anti-vax 'hot spot', 30 cases reported in northwest U.S.

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The number of confirmed measles cases near Portland grew from 25 to 30 on Friday, with nine additional cases suspected — an outbreak boosted by lower-than-normal vaccination rates in what's been identified as an anti-vaccination U.S. "hot spot."

snip

Twenty-six of the confirmed patients had not been vaccinated against measles and the vaccination status of four others who were infected is unknown. One person has been hospitalized.

Offline RoosGirl

Time to make sure you're getting plenty of Vitamin A.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Time to make sure you're getting plenty of Vitamin A.

Make sure to wash it down with a nice chianti.

Offline RoosGirl

Make sure to wash it down with a nice chianti.

And a few fava beans?

Offline dfwgator

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
And a few fava beans?

Absolutely. Even if sound sounds crazy.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I have a bad memory for faces. Is that Chuck Schumer?

Offline dfwgator

I have a bad memory for faces. Is that Chuck Schumer?

There is a resemblance inn'it?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
There is a resemblance inn'it?

I can't tell the difference. In more ways than 1.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
+3

35 cases now, as of Sunday. Stat from some cable news network.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Twenty-four cases of measles and it's an "emergency".

Twenty-four million illegally cross the southern border, and it doesn't warrant as much...

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Twenty-four cases of measles and it's an "emergency".

Twenty-four million illegally cross the southern border, and it doesn't warrant as much...

You can see it. I can see it.

The entire point of this thread. The anti-vaxxers and the open borders--the next flick. Aliens R Predators. Premiering in theaters all around the world.

Reap what you sow.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Kids traveling from Washington develop measles in Hawaii

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Two confirmed cases of measles in Hawaii were in unvaccinated children who traveled to Hawaii from Washington state.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=28&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjxxtOs2pXgAhWriFQKHUSXBAkQFjAbegQIAhAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fkomonews.com%2Fnews%2Flocal%2Fkids-traveling-from-washington-develop-measles-in-hawaii&usg=AOvVaw1K9w4SxfHyBrbfh72YH8_Q