Author Topic: Marijuana, Mental Illness, and Violence  (Read 1238 times)

rangerrebew

Marijuana, Mental Illness, and Violence
« on: January 27, 2019, 02:41:51 pm »
Marijuana, Mental Illness, and Violence
January 2019 

Alex Berenson
Author, Tell Your Children: The Truth About Marijuana, Mental Illness, and Violence

Alex BerensonAlex Berenson is a graduate of Yale University with degrees in history and economics. He began his career in journalism in 1994 as a business reporter for the Denver Post, joined the financial news website TheStreet.com in 1996, and worked as an investigative reporter for The New York Times from 1999 to 2010, during which time he also served two stints as an Iraq War correspondent. In 2006 he published The Faithful Spy, which won the 2007 Edgar Award for best first novel from the Mystery Writers of America. He has published ten additional novels and two nonfiction books, The Number: How the Drive for Quarterly Earnings Corrupted Wall Street and Corporate America and Tell Your Children: The Truth About Marijuana, Mental Illness, and Violence.

The following is adapted from a speech delivered on January 15, 2019, at Hillsdale College’s Allan P. Kirby, Jr. Center for Constitutional Studies and Citizenship in Washington, D.C.

Seventy miles northwest of New York City is a hospital that looks like a prison, its drab brick buildings wrapped in layers of fencing and barbed wire. This grim facility is called the Mid-Hudson Forensic Psychiatric Institute. It’s one of three places the state of New York sends the criminally mentally ill—defendants judged not guilty by reason of insanity.

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/marijuana-mental-illness-violence/?appeal_code=MK119EM1&sc=MK119EM1&utm_campaign=imprimis&utm_source=housefile&utm_medium=email&utm_content=january2019marijuana&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-9laMGKtZHU3Hj7hvqyzpgaoDwXo5vyRrj9wSi-http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,349351.0.htmlcyaVea1SM3zgc9KMgliCcey5AMQkiitXDsp6AKeufDR7UPJkAAeuqQ&_hsmi=69315554
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 02:42:59 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Marijuana, Mental Illness, and Violence
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 03:00:36 pm »
This happened in the next town over:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6633263/Virginia-college-student-Luisa-Cutting-charged-murder-best-friend-Alexa-Cannon.html

"Police seize pot grinders, smoking devices and a 'brown chalk-like substance'"
Countdown to Resignation

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 03:40:08 pm »
Good article. But, I fear, a cry in the wilderness.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 04:21:38 pm »
But....but......Marijuana makes you "mellow".

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 05:09:37 pm »
   This is BS and I will attack anyone here with my usual senseless rhetoric if you disagree with me.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 05:20:55 pm »
BTTT... good read...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 05:32:15 pm »
   This is BS and I will attack anyone here with my usual senseless rhetoric if you disagree with me.

:silly:

Says the nekked guy in the beanbag chair eating Cheetos.

Careful. Waving that orange middle finger round may give people the thought you are an ardent Trump supporter.

The Force is strong in this one, @dfwgator.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley