Author Topic: Political Freefall for Sheila Jackson Lee  (Read 1268 times)

Offline corbe

Political Freefall for Sheila Jackson Lee
« on: January 27, 2019, 03:53:26 am »
Political Freefall for Sheila Jackson Lee

When the mighty fall, they fall hard.

By: Sarah Cowgill |  January 26, 2019

Sheila Jackson Lee

When the mighty tumble off the top of the mountain, yelps of pain and bewilderment emit as the ego bounces off rocks and outcroppings. It is a peculiar sight to behold, and one that often affects those who previously seemed invincible. Representative Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) is currently experiencing a freefall after an accusation that she retaliated against a staffer who cried rape has come to light – in criminal complaint form. Lee announced her resignation as chair of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation (CBCF), as a result of the scandal.

A woman known as “Jane Doe,” in a gruesomely detailed lawsuit, claims that in 2015, at the age of 19, she was raped by a CBCF employee. She describes her position as an intern and alleges that her attacker was Damien Jones, coordinator of the organization’s intern program. At the time, Lee was not the chair of the foundation.

After Lee took leadership of the caucus in 2017, Jane Doe accepted a job with her as an office gopher of sorts, charged with driving the congresswoman, drafting and responding to emails, charging electronics, and supervising social media. But in one casual text exchange on Lee’s phone, a message from a CBCF executive ominously appeared: “I just received a notification that you [Representative Jackson Lee] have a new staffer, [Jane Doe’s name]. Call me, I have background on her.”

Within weeks, Doe was out. And all seemed quiet until she filed her lawsuit, naming Lee and the CBCF as defendants.

The Unexpected #MeToo Recipient

<..snip..>

https://www.libertynation.com/political-free-fall-for-sheila-jackson-lee/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Political Freefall for Sheila Jackson Lee
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 04:08:08 am »
2 more:

The Hill: Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee to step down as CBC Foundation chair amid lawsuit
« on: January 23, 2019, 02:16:59 PM »
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,348882.msg1897566.html#msg1897566

Sheila Jackson Lee Resigns from Head of Congressional Black Caucus
« on: January 23, 2019, 01:03:10 PM »
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,348865.msg1897474.html#msg1897474

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 06:28:21 am »
 This just seems so wrong in so many ways.

How can we get our laughs at hairdos and idiotic comments if she slips into the shadows?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 06:36:25 am »
Couldn't happen to a nicer person...

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 01:46:15 pm »
Maybe the Poundmetoo movement can get her to resign from congress.  After all, it is the seriousness of the charges that matters.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 02:45:58 pm »
Maybe the Poundmetoo movement can get her to resign from congress.  After all, it is the seriousness of the charges that matters.

Now there's an outcome I'd applaud.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 02:52:09 pm »

Highly unlikely, sad to say.

She already checks two of the Accredited Victim® boxes. If she were a lesbian, you couldn't remove her from Congress if she tried to set fire to the Washington Monument.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 02:59:15 pm »
I can't wait for the denial because, after all, women don't make up those stories.
Countdown to Resignation