Author Topic: Make Facebook useful by turning off all its annoying features  (Read 861 times)

rangerrebew

Make Facebook useful by turning off all its annoying features
« on: January 26, 2019, 05:05:18 pm »
Make Facebook useful by turning off all its annoying features

Just strip it down to the basics.
By Whitson Gordon Yesterday at 9:30am

I'll unfollow you into the dark.

Photo by Tim Bennett on Unsplash

Between data privacy scandals and the psychological toll social media can take on your brain, quitting Facebook can be an alluring prospect. But it’s not always practical to delete your account: like it or not, everyone else uses social media, and for many, it’s their primary way to stay in touch, send a group message, or invite you to their birthday party. If you want to quit Facebook without going completely incommunicado, here’s how to strip it down to the bare essentials.

By “bare essentials,” I mean three things: eliminating the News Feed, removing your personal information, and setting up email notifications for the stuff you actually do want to see. Once you’ve done those three things, you should rarely—if ever—need to visit Facebook again, but your friends will still be able to reach you without having to hunt you down on another platform.

https://www.popsci.com/dont-delete-facebook-change-it

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Make Facebook useful by turning off all its annoying features
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 05:06:12 pm »
Fakebook is dead. Just turn the whole app off.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Make Facebook useful by turning off all its annoying features
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 05:49:25 pm »
This will never happen.  All those "annoying features" is how Bookface and Zuck make any money off the place. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: