Author Topic: Oncologists Have Low Awareness of LGBTQ Issues  (Read 1151 times)

rangerrebew

Oncologists Have Low Awareness of LGBTQ Issues
« on: January 26, 2019, 04:33:05 pm »
Oncologists Have Low Awareness of LGBTQ Issues

FRIDAY, Jan. 25, 2019 -- Most oncologists report a lack of knowledge about treating lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer/questioning (LGBTQ) patients, according to survey results published online Jan. 16 in the Journal of Clinical Oncology.

Matthew B. Schabath, Ph.D., from the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute in Tampa, Florida, and colleagues used the American Medical Association Physician Masterfile to identify 450 oncologists from 45 National Cancer Institute-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers for a survey. The authors evaluated oncologists' attitudes and knowledge about LGBTQ health and institutional practices. Responses from 149 oncologists were included.

https://www.drugs.com/news/oncologists-have-low-awareness-lgbtq-issues-79985.html

rangerrebew

Re: Oncologists Have Low Awareness of LGBTQ Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 04:35:26 pm »
Why should this be? :whistle:  I thought if you changed from male to female, for instance, you became female.  Is this suggesting that conversion is a physical phenomenon only and everything else has to do with the female actually being a male?  Surely this isn't so. :shrug:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 09:45:39 pm »
Why should this be? :whistle:  I thought if you changed from male to female, for instance, you became female.  Is this suggesting that conversion is a physical phenomenon only and everything else has to do with the female actually being a male?  Surely this isn't so. :shrug:
I was going to say if the Oncologist doesn't make sure to know the patients basic genetics they must be inept, otherwise you treat the base sex accordingly if there is a difference.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 10:09:22 pm »
Basically, cancer is anti-gay
Countdown to Resignation

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 12:04:49 am »
Basically, cancer is anti-gay

Yeah, but they're claiming it's the treatment that's anti-gay.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 12:18:00 am »
   It may be an Oncologist thing, I'm straight and mine complains that I'm overly argumentative, he's probably a Trumper.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.