Author Topic: Scholarship Stoppage  (Read 1324 times)

rangerrebew

Scholarship Stoppage
« on: January 26, 2019, 04:24:03 pm »
Scholarship Stoppage

About 30 Palestinian students studying on State Department-sponsored scholarships will see their funding lapse in apparent unintended consequence of new law making it easier for U.S. victims of terror attacks to pursue claims against Palestinian government.

By
Elizabeth Redden
January 25, 2019

About 30 students from the Palestinian territories studying on U.S. State Department-sponsored scholarships will see their funding lapse at the end of this month as a result of what their institutions have been told is an unintended consequence of the Anti-Terrorism Clarification Act of 2018, which was signed into law in October.

The students are beneficiaries of the U.S. Middle East Partnership Initiative’s Tomorrow’s Leaders scholarship program, which provides scholarships to financially disadvantaged students from the Middle East and North Africa to study at two American-accredited institutions in the region, the American University of Beirut and Lebanese American University.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2019/01/25/state-department-sponsored-scholarships-palestinians-are-casualty-new-antiterrorism
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 04:25:04 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: Scholarship Stoppage
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 05:12:39 pm »
Scholarship Stoppage

About 30 Palestinian students studying on State Department-sponsored scholarships will see their funding lapse in apparent unintended consequence of new law making it easier for U.S. victims of terror attacks to pursue claims against Palestinian government.

By
Elizabeth Redden
January 25, 2019

About 30 students from the Palestinian territories studying on U.S. State Department-sponsored scholarships will see their funding lapse at the end of this month as a result of what their institutions have been told is an unintended consequence of the Anti-Terrorism Clarification Act of 2018, which was signed into law in October.

The students are beneficiaries of the U.S. Middle East Partnership Initiative’s Tomorrow’s Leaders scholarship program, which provides scholarships to financially disadvantaged students from the Middle East and North Africa to study at two American-accredited institutions in the region, the American University of Beirut and Lebanese American University.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2019/01/25/state-department-sponsored-scholarships-palestinians-are-casualty-new-antiterrorism

The local Friends school provided transport, tuition and living for several Palestinians young men in their school.  The program hit the news when a couple of them started a fight with a couple of country boys.  The country boys proved to be more than capable of defending themselves.  At 1st the news reported it as the country boys at fault, but witnesses came forward including students from the local military academy.  Then some reporter actually practiced journalism and took a look at the Palestinians' Facebook pages and found them a cesspool of hate. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 05:51:59 pm »
That river in Egypt isn't Denial, it's the river of tears I am shedding for these "students." 333cleo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 09:53:44 pm »
That river in Egypt isn't Denial, it's the river of tears I am shedding for these "students." 333cleo
These 'Students' will probably go home to Pakistan and use their education against Americans, I don't trust them as far as I could spit when I busted my two front teeth out.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 03:13:49 pm »
These 'Students' will probably go home to Pakistan and use their education against Americans, I don't trust them as far as I could spit when I busted my two front teeth out.

These "students"  spent so much time drinking coffee at the local Starbucks and making hostle comments to males and inappropriate comments to the females that the Starbucks had to 1) remove the outside tables and chairs; and 2) build a new facility about 2 miles away. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 03:48:55 am »
Every "palestinian" in this country should be sent back to where they came from...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 03:55:38 am »
Every "palestinian" in this country should be sent back to where they came from...

Har!  There is no "Palestine."  Except for that little city in East TX.  Been there a few times in the 70's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine,_Texas
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: