Author Topic: Trump: Ending shutdown was ‘in no way a concession’  (Read 35852 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Trump: Ending shutdown was ‘in no way a concession’
« Reply #375 on: February 03, 2019, 07:27:25 pm »
Depends how you choose to frame things. DID ANY OF YOU PAY FOR PARKS SERVICE. NO.  Give money to VETERANS?   NO.  YOU didn't spend YOUR MONEY...IT SAVED TAXPAYERS MONEY, NOT TO PAY FOR THOSE ITEMS.

You.just.don't.get.it.

The Parks Service...th VA...ANY taxpayer funded agency where Trump has donated his taxpayer funded salary still got their normal budget.

There's not a notation on their budgets that X amount of your budget is being reduced because the President donated $100K of his salary to your agency.

There was no net savings to the American taxpayer in any way shape or form.  On top of however many millions of dollars that agency/department/service got...they received a bonus amount of $100K.

The tax payers weren't saved any money...the money they were taxed was just redirected somewhere else.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #376 on: February 03, 2019, 07:41:12 pm »
You.just.don't.get.it.

The Parks Service...th VA...ANY taxpayer funded agency where Trump has donated his taxpayer funded salary still got their normal budget.

There's not a notation on their budgets that X amount of your budget is being reduced because the President donated $100K of his salary to your agency.

There was no net savings to the American taxpayer in any way shape or form.  On top of however many millions of dollars that agency/department/service got...they received a bonus amount of $100K.

The tax payers weren't saved any money...the money they were taxed was just redirected somewhere else.

I think I'm just going to talk to you, instead, @txradioguy
You at least understand basic math.
 :beer:

Edited to add:  Wait, that didn't come out right.  I meant to say that at least there is SOMEONE here that understands basic math, as opposed to the person I was talking to earlier.  You understand a great deal more than just basic math!  :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 07:44:31 pm by Polly Ticks »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #377 on: February 03, 2019, 07:47:04 pm »
I think I'm just going to talk to you, instead, @txradioguy
You at least understand basic math.

Edited to add:  Wait, that didn't come out right.  I meant to say that at least there is SOMEONE here that understands basic math, as opposed to the person I was talking to earlier.  You understand a great deal more than just basic math!  :laugh:

:silly:

It's ok @Polly Ticks I knew what you were trying to say.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #378 on: February 03, 2019, 09:31:29 pm »
  :silly:

It's ok @Polly Ticks I knew what you were trying to say.

Yeah... at LEAST you get basic communications...
 :silly: :beer: :seeya:

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #379 on: February 04, 2019, 01:31:49 am »
Yeah... at LEAST you get basic communications...
 :silly: :beer: :seeya:

Apparently, I resemble that remark!
 :seeya:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #380 on: February 04, 2019, 04:31:37 pm »
Apparently, I resemble that remark!
 :seeya:

:tongue2:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #381 on: February 05, 2019, 08:21:02 pm »
I know basic math.  If 800 k is taken from government , into a private pocket...than another 800 K is taken from government to fund our public schools, public parks, Veterans.....that is TWO expenses to us.   Duh.   $ 1,600,000.00  V  800 K.

TWO EXPENSES OF 800 K  EACH, OR JUST ONE expense.   You just don't want to give president any credit.  More snarky responses? 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 08:23:09 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #382 on: February 05, 2019, 08:29:24 pm »
I know basic math.  If 800 k is taken from government , into a private pocket...than another 800 K is taken from government to fund our public schools, public parks, Veterans.....that is TWO expenses to us.   Duh.   $ 1,600,000.00  V  800 K.

TWO EXPENSES OF 800 K  EACH, OR JUST ONE expense.   You just don't want to give president any credit.  More snarky responses?

By that math:

If I lend you $100, and you lend "Ted" $100 bucks, and I borrow $100 from Ted, that would mean there's $300 in total debt.

The above example is 100% snark-free.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 08:30:46 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #383 on: February 05, 2019, 08:29:48 pm »
I know basic math.  If 800 k is taken from government , into a private pocket...than another 800 K is taken from government to fund our public schools, public parks, Veterans.....that is a savings to us.   Duh.   $ 1,600,000.00  V  800 K.

TWO EXPENSES OF 800 K  EACH.  You just don't want to give president any credit.

OK, one last time, and then I'm done trying to explain it to you.

The salary that Trump is donating to the VA, the Parks Service, or whoever else he chooses does not mean that the publicly funded budget for those departments are reduced by a corresponding amount.  Those departments still get their approved funds.  They just get a "bonus" amount from the salary that Trump donates.

The taxpayers pay the same.  There is no net savings.  The money that Trump receives is redirected elsewhere (and that is to his credit, for the record), but there is not a single dollar of savings to the American people, NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU USE THE CAPS LOCK.  Duh.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #384 on: February 05, 2019, 08:39:28 pm »
I know basic math.

No clearly you don't despite several people trying to explain things to you.

You just don't want to give president any credit.[/quote]

That's not even close to what is going on here. 

More snarky responses?

Only if you keep acting obtuse about this.

Offline verga

« Reply #385 on: February 05, 2019, 09:49:35 pm »

The salary that Trump is donating to the VA, the Parks Service, or whoever else he chooses does not mean that the publicly funded budget for those departments are reduced by a corresponding amount.  Those departments still get their approved funds.  They just get a "bonus" amount from the salary that Trump donates.

The taxpayers pay the same.  There is no net savings.  The money that Trump receives is redirected elsewhere (and that is to his credit, for the record), but there is not a single dollar of savings to the American people, NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU USE THE CAPS LOCK.  Duh.
Trump is only doing this so he can get the tax write off /SARC
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #386 on: February 05, 2019, 10:05:13 pm »

Guarantees another audit and excuse for non-release.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #387 on: February 07, 2019, 05:22:53 am »
By that math:

If I lend you $100, and you lend "Ted" $100 bucks, and I borrow $100 from Ted, that would mean there's $300 in total debt.

The above example is 100% snark-free.

Now you are being silly.  There is NO LENDING of 800 K to president TRUMP.  That is his salary.  He can keep it private for himself.  Then government spend  ANOTHER 800 K using it for other government programs. 

Your example makes zero sense.  No snark.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #388 on: February 07, 2019, 05:30:35 am »
Now you are being silly.  There is NO LENDING of 800 K to president TRUMP.  That is his salary.  He can keep it private for himself.  Then government spend  ANOTHER 800 K using it for other government programs. 

Your example makes zero sense.  No snark.
Girl, you are a couple of dilithium crystals short of a warp core.

I know you have no idea what I just said, and that proves my point.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #389 on: February 07, 2019, 05:36:25 am »

What write off? He doesn't need it. Can't 'use" it.   I wish he would START taking his salary. He works 100 hour weeks & started working BEFORE his inauguration.  None of the Trumps take any salary from taxpayers.  Sad. NONE OF YOU APPRECIATE HIS KINDNESS.  I hope he starts taking his SALARY.  Then you can all be 'losers"and pay for it.
I think, they ALL SHOULD TAKE A SALARY.  Never seen so much nasty about a man doing a gracious thing.

Most Americans don't deserve president Trump, nor the help of his family. Foreigners write on youtube, they wish they had a TRUMP in their country. Taiwan, Australia, France, Canada, So.Africa, Scotland, Germany, etc. 
That you can't even give the man credit for this, is shameful. Nasty. Something wrong with you all, if you can't.
WWW.MAGAPILL.COM

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #390 on: February 07, 2019, 05:39:16 am »

What write off? He doesn't need it. Can't 'use" it.   I wish he would START taking his salary. He works 100 hour weeks & started working BEFORE his inauguration.  None of the Trumps take any salary from taxpayers.  Sad. NONE OF YOU APPRECIATE HIS KINDNESS.  I hope he starts taking his SALARY.  Then you can all be 'losers"and pay for it.
I think, they ALL SHOULD TAKE A SALARY.  Never seen so much nasty about a man doing a gracious thing.

Most Americans don't deserve president Trump, nor the help of his family. Foreigners write on youtube, they wish they had a TRUMP in their country. Taiwan, Australia, France, Canada, So.Africa, Scotland, Germany, etc. 
That you can't even give the man credit for this, is shameful. Nasty. Something wrong with you all, if you can't.
WWW.MAGAPILL.COM
Are you informationally deprived or were you born that way?

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #391 on: February 07, 2019, 05:42:39 am »

One more time.  Lets say, he TAKES HIS SALARY.  His private money.  Does not put it back into government. HIS MONEY FOR HIS PRIVATE USE.   Then, another 800 K is used by government to fund these programs. 

800  K. HIS SALARY EXPENSE.

800 K  GOVERNMENT FUNDING EXPENSE FOR Programs.

TWO EXPENSES.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 05:44:25 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #392 on: February 07, 2019, 05:46:38 am »
Girl, you are a couple of dilithium crystals short of a warp core.

I know you have no idea what I just said, and that proves my point.

I noticed 'lithium' in your reply. Jussayin.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #393 on: February 07, 2019, 05:49:53 am »

Online Wingnut

« Reply #394 on: February 07, 2019, 05:54:27 am »
I noticed 'lithium' in your reply. Jussayin.

She needs a script for it!

Offline verga

« Reply #395 on: February 07, 2019, 10:53:33 am »

WWW.MAGAPILL.COM
Seriously are you blind and stupid did you not see the "Trump is only doing this so he can get the tax write off /SARC"
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #396 on: February 07, 2019, 03:02:39 pm »

WWW.MAGAPILL.COM

It would be better for the country if his "family" would stay the hell out of it. Jared, Ivanka, and Donald Jr. are there to capitalize on Dad being POTUS, just like it's been done with almost every past President over the past 50-60 years.

They are all DEMOCRATS!!! Once you understand that, it's easier to look at the situation with your mind, instead of your heart.

POTUS is an 168 hour a week job, but to say he's putting in 100 hour weeks is a stretch. A good chunk of that time is watching TV and writing tweets. A reasonable person would not call that "work".
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #397 on: February 07, 2019, 03:05:05 pm »

One more time.  Lets say, he TAKES HIS SALARY.  His private money.  Does not put it back into government. HIS MONEY FOR HIS PRIVATE USE.   Then, another 800 K is used by government to fund these programs. 

TWO EXPENSES.

You should really...seriously...stop trying to do math in public.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #398 on: February 07, 2019, 03:07:03 pm »
It would be better for the country if his "family" would stay the hell out of it. Jared, Ivanka, and Donald Jr. are there to capitalize on Dad being POTUS, just like it's been done with almost every past President over the past 50-60 years.

They are all DEMOCRATS!!! Once you understand that, it's easier to look at the situation with your mind, instead of your heart.

POTUS is an 168 hour a week job, but to say he's putting in 100 hour weeks is a stretch. A good chunk of that time is watching TV and writing tweets. A reasonable person would not call that "work".

Of course that's "work". It's a Government job.  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #399 on: February 07, 2019, 04:33:56 pm »

TWO EXPENSES.

Since the concepts aren't sinking in, let's try a real-world example where only the numbers are changed.

My company pays me a salary.  For the purposes of illustration, let's say they pay me $800K.  I choose to tithe to my church.  For the purposes of illustration, let's say I tithe at 100% and give my church $800K.  Just because I give $800K to my church does not, in fact, mean that my company does not pay my salary of $800K.  My company has had a net savings of $0.

Spoiler alert - in the above example, my company would equate to the American taxpayers, I would play the part of Trump, and my church is the stand-in for the VA/Parks Services/anywhere else that Trump donates his salary.

You are getting confused with real savings versus opportunity costs.  I will agree that the VA, Parks Department, or whoever else that Trump donates his salary to can then use that money to pay for things they might not otherwise have been able to.  Just like my church can use the money I tithe to them to buy additional Christmas baskets and send missionaries to Nepal.  But once more for posterity, the net savings to my company is $0.  They still have an expenditure on their balance sheet for my salary, just like the taxpayers still have an expenditure for Trump's salary.

You also appear to be assuming that if Trump doesn't donate his salary and keeps it for his own personal use instead, then the government would for some reason provide an equal amount of money to those departments.  And that is patently untrue.  In our earlier example, if I choose not to tithe my salary and keep it in my own pocket instead, my company does not provide an amount equal to my salary to my church so we can buy Christmas baskets and send missionaries to Nepal.  That's the opportunity that is lost if I keep my full salary for myself, but my company is not part of that equation.

AND SHOUTING IN ALL-CAPS OR BOLD TYPE WILL STILL NEVER CHANGE THAT FACT.