Author Topic: Trump: Ending shutdown was ‘in no way a concession’  (Read 35562 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Trump: Ending shutdown was ‘in no way a concession’
« Reply #325 on: January 30, 2019, 06:30:21 am »
The list I am wanting for, are from the people who said president TRUMP back tracked, many times or back pedaled.  THAT IS the list I wanted from those people who said that.  CRICKETS.  I dispelled one accusation. Then I asked what were the others. List them.  NOTHING. If people are going to say things like that, I need some back up.

Lock up Hitlery

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYVQziDmnvA

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #326 on: January 30, 2019, 06:35:52 am »
Well, THAT was a RACIST COMMENT!  You don't know this man. Then to try and MINIMIZE a valid Video. Just like any LEFT would do. Proof was shown, then belittled.  TSK.
-------------------------------------------------

« Reply #297 on: January 28, 2019, 09:57:44 AM »

Quote from: RoosGirl on January 28, 2019, 09:23:18 AM

Those videos are some hick driving in his truck along some unspecified length and location of fence.  I'm not watching 15 minutes of that bullshit.  If you don't know the answer to a question just say "I don't know."

Smokin Joe;
Without knowing the speed of the truck, you don't know how far he went, anyway.
Velocity*time=distance.
I'm not doubting he drove past a very nice looking barrier.

Without any other reference but time, I can't tell how far he drove.

If I knew the average speed of his truck, say 30 MPH, then for every minute he drives, he drives 1/2 mile.
But, again, I don't know that speed. I can only guess. 
It is simple math, but you need to fill in the blanks to work the equation.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #327 on: January 30, 2019, 06:49:05 am »
The purpose of my article (note the date) was to list what he promised during the campaign.

That is what is there.

Not much to keep up on since he can't go back in time and make more.

My list from his site directly is on my other computer. I don't 'buy MotherJones" that is Soros funded, and dying Washington poo.  What my president SAID BACK THEN WAS........

WORKING WITH CONGRESS AND FOLLOWING THE CONSTITUTION...these are some of his PLANS & policy's. 

Now, that NEW information has come about, regarding the wall, you all still want to hold him to rebar?  BORDER PATROL
talked to president and explained what THEY needed at the border.  All of his plans were CONTINGENT on congress approval and voting for his pLANS..yet a lot of people act like TRUMP should be a DICTATOR NOW, to implement his plans? 

First everyone was scared, he would be a dictator, now they are upset, HE ISN'T ONE!  He has achieved most of his plans, even that John McCain..."no name" a so called Republican was the one VOTE TO DESTROY TOTAL REPEAL ON OBAMCARE. 
"NO NAME" voted "NO", to be spiteful. Also paid by SOROS since 2001. RUTH GINSBURG? Another spiteful old hag.
Why is my president blamed ? Congress has to come up with budgets,  with budget for wall, which has other issues in it, NOT just wall funding.  Our NEW McCain, RINO, Mitt Romney voted it down.  There were 6 RINO'S  in all.

Again, anything president TRUMP said he wants to achieve was WORKING WITH CONGRESS AND WITHIN THE CONSTITUTION.  That is what he has done.  Blame your HOUSE , SENATE...RINO'S not my president.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #328 on: January 30, 2019, 06:58:52 am »
Velocity*time=distance.
I'm not doubting he drove past a very nice looking barrier.

Without any other reference but time, I can't tell how far he drove.

If I knew the average speed of his truck, say 30 MPH, then for every minute he drives, he drives 1/2 mile.
But, again, I don't know that speed. I can only guess. 
It is simple math, but you need to fill in the blanks to work the equation.

Yes, that was to Roos Girl;  pointing-up

I would guess by road condition, he was going at least 30 & no more than 40 miles an hour.  At one point, he goes off road, a bit and one can still see, miles upon miles of barrier.   Not talking about you JOE, but seems some on here WANT INSTANT WALL.  Then when shown, it is coming along, "they can't be bothered" to watch the wall being built. 

President TRUMP wants it all done, NOW..not piecemeal, but, if that is all  he can get DEMON-RATS to agree to at THIS TIME...he will take it, and negotiate for more later.  9th CIRCUS COURT..is stopping everything he wants to do for our safety. Why are people not upset about these LA RAZA JUDGES? 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #329 on: January 30, 2019, 07:13:22 am »
Any LEFT on here pissed at RINO'S?  Just keep piling on president TRUMP , till we become a COMMUNIST COUNTRY.  Only yourselves to blame.

Sorry...

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #330 on: January 30, 2019, 07:39:10 am »
Lock up Hitlery

Wasn't that when president TRUMP was just president-elect TRUMP?

I don't think he'd even signed a >1$T deficit CR at that point.  Give the MAN some time.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #331 on: January 30, 2019, 08:18:39 am »
My list from his site directly is on my other computer. I don't 'buy MotherJones" that is Soros funded, and dying Washington poo.  What my president SAID BACK THEN WAS........

WORKING WITH CONGRESS AND FOLLOWING THE CONSTITUTION...these are some of his PLANS & policy's. 

Now, that NEW information has come about, regarding the wall, you all still want to hold him to rebar?  BORDER PATROL
talked to president and explained what THEY needed at the border.  All of his plans were CONTINGENT on congress approval and voting for his pLANS..yet a lot of people act like TRUMP should be a DICTATOR NOW, to implement his plans? 

First everyone was scared, he would be a dictator, now they are upset, HE ISN'T ONE!  He has achieved most of his plans, even that John McCain..."no name" a so called Republican was the one VOTE TO DESTROY TOTAL REPEAL ON OBAMCARE. 
"NO NAME" voted "NO", to be spiteful. Also paid by SOROS since 2001. RUTH GINSBURG? Another spiteful old hag.
Why is my president blamed ? Congress has to come up with budgets,  with budget for wall, which has other issues in it, NOT just wall funding.  Our NEW McCain, RINO, Mitt Romney voted it down.  There were 6 RINO'S  in all.

Again, anything president TRUMP said he wants to achieve was WORKING WITH CONGRESS AND WITHIN THE CONSTITUTION.  That is what he has done.  Blame your HOUSE , SENATE...RINO'S not my president.
Excuse me. Would you like a glass of cold water? Please sit down and take deep breaths, and let them out slowly.

I'm not trying to piss you off, I'm trying to get you to calm down.

I agree there is the RINO herd in Congress,who have ever defected on critical votes, even when the GOP had both houses and the Oval Office, too. Constitutionally, what requires legislation, requires legislation, and without that legislation, the POTUS is very limited in what he can do within the constraints of the Constitution.

He has ended some of the Obama Administration generated obstructionism for infrastructure development, and development of traditional energy sources. That alone has helped bring energy prices down in most of the US, and the price of gasoline is down considerably. That, in turn, brings an economic boon, especially in areas where people drive their own vehicles to get around. Out this way, where the big towns are 120 or more miles apart, the lower fuel costs are appreciated.
Infrastructure improvements and policy changes have enabled me to still get some work in, although I drove 700 miles to work where I am now, 1100 on the last job (one way, not round trip). That isn't so unusual, and again, the lower fuel costs were appreciated.

I didn't compile that list of promises as anything but a list of the things that were promised to the American people should he be elected. It isn't something intended to attack, nor unthinkingly praise the POTUS, but at the time appeared to be the one fair metric by which success or less could be judged. His own words, with links.

When those promises were made, it was understood that some of those things would require the cooperation or assistance of the then GOP dominated Congress.

He was the one who said "Wall". It was an idea Ted Cruz had broached years before, and Mr. Trump ran with it. It became one of his signature promises on the campaign trail. Those of us who were skeptical of the practicality of constructing a 1954+ mile barrier along the entirety of the Southern Border expressed our concerns in terms of the engineering challenge, of water access for ranchers, and other problems which would predictably arise, assuming (silly us) that he would succeed in getting the funding now that we had the Trifecta of GOP control in the House, Senate, and White House.
Naturally, on funding, and on the repeal of Obamacare, the defectors in the GOP (Liberal moles, whatever) managed to obstruct both. The third signature promise, one many of us still pray to happen, is "Hillary in irons".

It has become obvious that the very investigative agencies which should have been digging into the egregious crimes of the previous administration have been corrupted, ignoring crimes for which there is incontrovertible evidence in public view, and instead launching on a witch hunt for Russians under the bed, reminiscent of the Anthrax investigation those same lead personnel perpetrated on innocent scientists https://www.genengnews.com/news/comey-mueller-and-anthrax/, only closed after one of those accused allegedly committed suicide.  The surviving scientist was awarded over 5 million in damages.

So, until some changes are made, the big three are on hold. All three require some degree of cooperation from Congress.
People are criticizing leadership, but if you take point and everyone else sits down (or at least a critical number of them), the plan isn't going anywhere. The GOP slow-walked what it even moved, and waited for the typical mid-term shift in power. So I blame the Congress for a lot.

As for what he could do, much of that has been done. Some I agree with, some not, but the benefits are undeniable.

Ending the bullsh*t 'water protectors' protest holding up the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL) has allowed that to be completed, now moving 500,000 barrels of oil per day out of my home state, nearly half the daily oil production, which translates to roughly one fourth of the tax revenue of the State. That takes a load off the average North Dakotan, has kept taxes lower, and there have been infrastructure improvements and services which have benefited by the revenue and industry presence in the 19 oil producing counties, but the remaining 34 counties with no oil reserves also benefit through State funding that comes from oil. Other decisions made, and Obama era rules reversed have helped as well. No complaints here.

I am unhappy with the 'bump stock' ruling, not because I ever owned one or wanted to, but because I see it as an unnecessary infringement on the RKBA, and the wording contains technical errors which might be used to redefine entire classes of firearms, and not just accessories. That situation is cause for concern among us who jealously guard our Second Amendment Rights, especially with the stated intent of the Democrats to push their anti-gun agenda and the waffling RINOS in the Senate.

I do not want POTUS to step outside his Constitutional bounds, any more than I want the rest of government there, (which is not at all). Get it done, get it done right. If that means some RINOs have to be removed, so be it. Those districts will have to get cracking. Hopefully, when the GOP regains the House, those seats will be filled by people who are more Conservative, and more productive along those lines.

Now, if you went to the link and noted the date, you saw that those promises were what was compiled when he was elected, from the campaign. It was easier, admittedly, to quote two sources than spend a week hunting down individual quotes which would likely not have been from much better sources. Obviously, the job was thankless enough as it was.
The list is not an attack on Trump, just something by which we can measure progress.

Have a nice day and try to retire from the circular firing squad.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #332 on: January 30, 2019, 12:09:02 pm »
“...try to retire from the circular firing squad.”

@Smokin Joe

Supporting the president today in this atmosphere of wholesale media malpractice means having to take a defensive posture. There’s a constant stream of smears and lies in open and in subversive attacks on the administration, on Trump – and to their shame, on his family.

It permeates all news media in wave after wave. There are even threats of violence from the Left seeping into the dialogue.

So, if some of Donald Trump’s supporters seem on edge, I’d cut them some slack. We’ve got our hands full defending the Republic and knocking down misinformation from the Left – and to their shame, from the right. Those are the folks firing in the wrong direction.

But, I commend you. You’re posting, as above, is always worth reading and entirely reasonable. I can’t say I have the same regard for NT’s arguments which, in the context of the information wars, are first, too sanctimonious, and second, unhelpful in our struggles against the Left and their useful idiots in the democrat party.
I am to Trump's right, and considerably so.

But the election is over, and as has been said 'You fight a war with the army you have."

At this point, supporting POTUS when he is right, and reasoned opposition when he is wrong, is the course of action to take.

Blind opposition is as unreasoning as blind support.

Neither will produce an optimal outcome, all things considered.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #333 on: January 30, 2019, 12:50:23 pm »

Yes, that was to Roos Girl;  pointing-up

I would guess by road condition, he was going at least 30 & no more than 40 miles an hour.  At one point, he goes off road, a bit and one can still see, miles upon miles of barrier.   Not talking about you JOE, but seems some on here WANT INSTANT WALL.  Then when shown, it is coming along, "they can't be bothered" to watch the wall being built. 

President TRUMP wants it all done, NOW..not piecemeal, but, if that is all  he can get DEMON-RATS to agree to at THIS TIME...he will take it, and negotiate for more later.  9th CIRCUS COURT..is stopping everything he wants to do for our safety. Why are people not upset about these LA RAZA JUDGES?
Oh the Ninth Circuit has been at the top of my All American Fecal Roster as an abortion of jurisprudence for decades.

It is not only the court of choice for Communist obstructionists and cultural terrorists, but also the most overturned court in the lot.
It doesn't matter that their decisions are often only temporary--the interruptions, the expense, the degradation perpetrated upon American industry (no matter how small), American Culture, and individual Americans is the goal of those bringing suit, eventually hoping to fatigue or impoverish those who oppose the Communist and Libertine Agenda. If the ruling manages to stand, so much the better for the enemies of the country, and so much worse for America.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #334 on: January 30, 2019, 02:45:14 pm »

@LegalAmerican

Because they are from the Left Coast,and the commies that run those states LOVE communist judges because they understand the goal of these judges is to destroy America in order to create a Collective State. Most of these fools are clueless about what this means,and think it means "mo free stuff fo me". The people really pushing it from the upper levels see it from the "Master/slave" POV.

Guess who gets to decide what it will be when it happens.

Here is a hint. "There is no such thing as unemployment in the labor camps."
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 02:46:00 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #335 on: January 30, 2019, 03:09:21 pm »
Wasn't that when president TRUMP was just president-elect TRUMP?

I don't think he'd even signed a >1$T deficit CR at that point.  Give the MAN some time.

I thought it was eye opening that Trump backed off Hitlery the day after he was elected.  I thought it would resonate with a majority of Republicans, but it turns out most of them excused it without a second thought.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #336 on: January 30, 2019, 03:26:49 pm »

But the election is over, and as has been said 'You fight a war with the army you have."

At this point, supporting POTUS when he is right, and reasoned opposition when he is wrong, is the course of action to take.

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #337 on: January 30, 2019, 03:29:46 pm »

:amen:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #338 on: January 30, 2019, 03:31:44 pm »
The list I am wanting for, are from the people who said president TRUMP back tracked, many times or back pedaled.  THAT IS the list I wanted from those people who said that.  CRICKETS.  I dispelled one accusation. Then I asked what were the others. List them.  NOTHING. If people are going to say things like that, I need some back up.   GO TO THIS LINK.

WWW.MAGAPILL.COM

Ok...

Trump promised to “convene a special session” of Congress as soon as he was sworn in — an idea that confounded many, as Congress was already set to be in session — so that lawmakers could “immediately repeal and replace Obamacare.” All of this would happen “very, very quickly,” he said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-grand-promises-to-very-very-quickly-repeal-obamacare-run-into-reality/2017/07/18/91b5f220-6bd3-11e7-9c15-177740635e83_story.html?utm_term=.8fceab0a033a
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #339 on: January 30, 2019, 03:37:45 pm »
I thought it was eye opening that Trump backed off Hitlery the day after he was elected.  I thought it would resonate with a majority of Republicans, but it turns out most of them excused it without a second thought.

IMHO Trump never attacked Hillary like he did with his GOP running mates. Never.  Even during the presidential debates his attacks were mild in comparison. That should have raised a few eyebrows but it didn't.  He then appoints Rosenstein who worked on the Whitewater Investigation into the Clintons, served under both Bush and Holder.   That raised a red flag to me.

President Trump has done some good though and does deserve credit and support when due.  But, I cannot give him a free pass on everything as others do.  That's just asking for trouble.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 03:38:29 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #340 on: January 30, 2019, 03:43:11 pm »

I'm not one of those who excused it by far!  ALL of the DOJ malfeasances stick in my craw and will until it is properly dealt with!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #341 on: January 30, 2019, 03:58:16 pm »
I'm not one of those who excused it by far!  ALL of the DOJ malfeasances stick in my craw and will until it is properly dealt with!
I agree. Such egregious crimes cannot go unaddressed. That next of vipers needs to be cleaned thoroughly, and then hit the other agencies.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #342 on: January 30, 2019, 06:59:56 pm »
Well, THAT was a RACIST COMMENT!  You don't know this man. Then to try and MINIMIZE a valid Video. Just like any LEFT would do. Proof was shown, then belittled.  TSK.
-------------------------------------------------

« Reply #297 on: January 28, 2019, 09:57:44 AM »

Quote from: RoosGirl on January 28, 2019, 09:23:18 AM

Those videos are some hick driving in his truck along some unspecified length and location of fence.  I'm not watching 15 minutes of that bullshit.  If you don't know the answer to a question just say "I don't know."

Smokin Joe;
Without knowing the speed of the truck, you don't know how far he went, anyway.

I didin't know Hick was a race.  Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways.

That wall wasn't new wall, it was replacement wall.  I didn't need to watch 20 minutes of some hick driving it to figure that out.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #343 on: January 30, 2019, 07:12:54 pm »
Psst. I don't want to panic you but you have too many periods in that post. The Grammar Police are everywhere.

You can have my extra periods when you pry them from my cold, dead fingers.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #344 on: January 30, 2019, 08:02:30 pm »

@Once-Ler

HorseHillary! You can bet your butt that the DNC told Trump the day he won the election that there is no way in HELL they are going to allow him to charge and convict her of anything,and they will never cooperate with him on anything if he even tries. You may be stoopid enough to be a Dim,but even you ain't stupid enough to believe any different.

You are just lying for political gain,and like the typical Dim,don't consider lying for political gain to be wrong as long as YOU are the one doing it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #345 on: January 30, 2019, 08:08:17 pm »

@Bigun

There was no way Trump or anyone else was going to make that happen since the entire DNC and their financial backers would have to be named as co-conspirators. Trump would have better luck flapping his arms and flying to the moon.

There is also no way you didn't understand that all along.

What *I* would like would be to see her,Bubba,and a whole BUNCH of other political creatures from both parties indicted,imprisoned,and in some cases,backed against a wall and shot for committing treason and selling their offices to the highest bidders.

Ain't going to happen though,no matter how hard I wish,so I am just going to have to be happy with any gains we can make to "Re-Americanize" America.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #346 on: January 30, 2019, 08:30:09 pm »
@Once-Ler

HorseHillary! You can bet your butt that the DNC told Trump the day he won the election that there is no way in HELL they are going to allow him to charge and convict her of anything,and they will never cooperate with him on anything if he even tries. You may be stoopid enough to be a Dim,but even you ain't stupid enough to believe any different.

You are just lying for political gain,and like the typical Dim,don't consider lying for political gain to be wrong as long as YOU are the one doing it.

Thank you!  Only a few people on here understand what is really going on!  You are one of them. "They' quote , "Trump promised this or promised that, which most have been fulfilled, but some people keep talking as if TRUMP is a dictator and just by magic, make it all happen 100% of the time, all the time. 

Trump has always said; These are his plans and WORKING WITH CONGRESS AND WITHIN THE CONSTITUTION..he hopes to achieve his agenda.

It has been nothing but obstruction and resistant, outright attacks on TRUMP since May 2015 and his family, and these people, can't stop blaming TRUMP, instead of the people who STOP ALL HIS PLANS. Amazing to me.  I am calm.  I used caps on working with congress and within the constitution to try and get people on here, to understand, what he is doing.  They talk as if he were a dictator and not president bound by our rules & laws.  First, they were all afraid he would be a dictator, now he is chastised for NOT being one. Hell if he does, hell if he doesn't.  I don't see how the man is still standing.  The N.T'.S cheer.
President TRUMP works 100 hour weeks for NO PAY!  We the American people have saved a million dollars on that alone.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #347 on: January 30, 2019, 08:32:44 pm »
President TRUMP works 100 hour weeks for NO PAY!  We the American people have saved a million dollars on that alone.

Untrue.  Trump's salary is donated to various charities/organizations.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #348 on: January 30, 2019, 08:35:24 pm »
@Bigun

There was no way Trump or anyone else was going to make that happen since the entire DNC and their financial backers would have to be named as co-conspirators. Trump would have better luck flapping his arms and flying to the moon.

There is also no way you didn't understand that all along.

What *I* would like would be to see her,Bubba,and a whole BUNCH of other political creatures from both parties indicted,imprisoned,and in some cases,backed against a wall and shot for committing treason and selling their offices to the highest bidders.

Ain't going to happen though,no matter how hard I wish,so I am just going to have to be happy with any gains we can make to "Re-Americanize" America.

:thumbsup: :da man: :flag: 888bravo 888bravo 888bravo

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #349 on: January 30, 2019, 08:39:22 pm »
Untrue.  Trump's salary is donated to various charities/organizations.

I know.  HE is not taking any salary for himself.  Most went back to government. Our parks service. Our school system.  Then I stopped paying attention, where it went.  To Veterans.