Author Topic: Trump: Ending shutdown was ‘in no way a concession’  (Read 36113 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Trump: Ending shutdown was ‘in no way a concession’
« Reply #225 on: January 27, 2019, 11:06:05 pm »
    Glory Be, I remember when the 'Process' started @LegalAmerican

Trump's first de-escalation?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #226 on: January 27, 2019, 11:08:22 pm »
It looks so easy even a caveman can do it, @corbe
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #227 on: January 27, 2019, 11:08:25 pm »
@EdJames

I've posted my story here before and believe you to have read it so I'm not going to redo that.  Suffice it to say that forty years+ of labor in the Republican vineyard have only succeeded in making me old, tired, and bitter.   I'm done!

My story is very similar and has led to the same place.  I've gone from donor, staffer, worker, member, supporter to casual observer at this point.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #228 on: January 27, 2019, 11:12:08 pm »
@musiclady

As usual,you have it backwards. Trump,the candidate,was an ALTERNATIVE to the GOP insiders that we KNEW would just keep on keeping on with the destruction of America.

Trump,as a rich man that didn't need them or their bribe money and was running to pump up his ego,was the ONLY actual hope for the pendulum to start swinging back to an American government that put America First,because the only reason he ran for president was to feed his massive ego that tells him daily that he is better than anyone else.  He couldn't be bought and they couldn't even blackmail the professional pols because at one time or another he had paid them to do something or another for one of his corporations,so he had the dirt on them that pretty much made him bulletproof. All they could come up with is their paid whores from the entertainment industry,and most people laughed that off.

There is still a CHANCE that my hopes for him will come true and he will man-the-bleep UP and start building the wall using other money and the Army Corps of Engineers,but I lost a lot of faith in him when he allowed Pelosi and Schulmer to win the most recent contest of wills.  There is a possibility there are things in the works that neither I nor anyone else know about yet to make all this happen,and nothing will please me more than to admit I was wrong to lose faith in him,but at this point I am not betting money on it.

Baseball games don't end in the 5th inning.

Sorry...

I believe that this was posted here sometime yesterday.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #229 on: January 27, 2019, 11:14:10 pm »
@Bigun  @EdJames

The sad good news to tell you is that there are a lot of us in this same boat,and it's starting to get crowded.

As things stand right now,I have no intention of voting for ANY GOP candidate in 2018 or beyond. It's past time to pull the plug on a party of traitors. If I want to vote for a traitor,all I have to do is vote for the Dim candidate,so what does the GOP have to offer me but lies? At least the Dims are truthful about being traitors to America.

The boat is getting very full, for many good reasons.

When more folks wake up and realize that "GOP" has been meaningless as a party for many decades, the boat will get even more crowded.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #230 on: January 27, 2019, 11:23:05 pm »
It looks so easy even a caveman can do it, @corbe

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #231 on: January 27, 2019, 11:57:14 pm »
It seems that a lot Trump supporters here is playing the blame game. So much for the Buck stops here..

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline libertybele

« Reply #232 on: January 28, 2019, 12:04:05 am »
It seems that a lot Trump supporters here is playing the blame game. So much for the Buck stops here..

Actually both side try playing the blame game all the time and their supporters buy into it every single time.  Meanwhile, the American people and our country suffer.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #233 on: January 28, 2019, 12:09:46 am »
Rewrite? More like a simple statement of what occurred.

And let's add, the President is not done fighting for the wall and other conservative priorities...and the NT/RINO's are still working with Dems to thwart him. But as a great man once said, we shall overcome...and the President WILL get his wall.

@Mesaclone

A wall would be a great, but it's not going to happen.

Your last sentence proves where you're coming from on this--"the president WILL get "his" wall."  It's all about defending a politician you're far too invested in, always making sure he's blameless.  If a wall were built, it would be our wall, not his.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #234 on: January 28, 2019, 12:27:02 am »
@Mesaclone

Your last sentence proves where you're coming from on this--"the president WILL get "his" wall."  It's all about defending a politician you're far too invested in, always making sure he's blameless.  If a wall were built, it would be our wall, not his.

The way I see it, a Wall is the only tangible thing that is permanent.  You can promise the moon as far as no amnesty,  no DACA , ending Anchor Babies, etc.   But all it takes is one election, and that can all be undone.   Once a wall is up, it's there for good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #235 on: January 28, 2019, 12:32:29 am »
Once a wall is up, it's there for good.

Berlin, Jericho.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #236 on: January 28, 2019, 12:50:22 am »
The way I see it, a Wall is the only tangible thing that is permanent.  You can promise the moon as far as no amnesty,  no DACA , ending Anchor Babies, etc.   But all it takes is one election, and that can all be undone.   Once a wall is up, it's there for good.

@dfwgator

I agree.  The problem is, the clock is running out on Trump's first administration.  Assuming he gets re-elected, and I don't know if that's a sure thing, it's going to take, what, a decade to build?  Trump will be gone and any construction will be stopped after that.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #237 on: January 28, 2019, 12:55:09 am »
@dfwgator

I agree.  The problem is, the clock is running out on Trump's first administration.  Assuming he gets re-elected, and I don't know if that's a sure thing, it's going to take, what, a decade to build?  Trump will be gone and any construction will be stopped after that.

Trump was a "Hail Mary Pass" all along, it was really the only chance we had.  Nobody would have put their neck out for the Wall like Trump has.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #238 on: January 28, 2019, 12:57:51 am »

The people who are part of the problem...never see themselves! 

Complete and total lack of self awareness in that post.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #239 on: January 28, 2019, 01:00:40 am »
Nobody would have put their neck out for the Wall like Trump has.

Don’t kid yourself. He’s only doing this, because it’s imperative. He laughed off the ‘lock her up’ chants, after the election, as good campaign talk. Unlike the wall, no backlash occurred over it. He knows the wall is the difference between re-election and an indictment from SDNY in January 2021.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #240 on: January 28, 2019, 01:07:44 am »
@dfwgator

I don't think anyone should assume anything about Trump anymore.  He's backpedaled on so many issues it's ridiculous.  He got his royal behind spanked by a senile ole bitty.  That's got to sting. His ego has to be totally crushed.  I don't see him running again as I don't think he's going to chance another defeat, embarrassment and humiliation.

I can't believe he expects that people are buying into this b.s. 

If it wasn't a concession then what the heck was it?  On top of that Pelosi just announced that he still won't be giving the SOTU from the House.  He backed down and this is what it got him.  Absolutely nothing.  Not a darn thing.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #241 on: January 28, 2019, 01:10:03 am »
Trump was a "Hail Mary Pass" all along, it was really the only chance we had.  Nobody would have put their neck out for the Wall like Trump has.

He had no choice at this point did he?  He'd already backtracked on three other promises he'd made that were the cornerstone to getting him elected.  He was already on audio telling the Mexican President at the time that having Mexico pay for the wall was a "gimmick" to get the crowd fired up.

If he even had a chance in hell of winning in 2020 he had no choice but to do what did for 35 days.  Only he should have gone on longer with it instead of blinking.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline DB

« Reply #242 on: January 28, 2019, 01:11:07 am »

Trump indicated to both parties he was going to sign the CR before he decided not to due the blow back he got. That wasn't the sign of a man determined to stand firm for funding. He had already folded on it. It was only after the optics looked bad did he take a different tact. And if he was going to take that tact he had to stand firm, period. Pelosi and crew correctly evaluated Trump would fold based on his previous folding before the blow back. If you're going to play poker you have to force you're opponent to show their cards when it matters. He folded before that and now Pelosi owns him when push comes to shove.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #243 on: January 28, 2019, 01:11:34 am »
He had no choice at this point did he?  He'd already backtracked on three other promises he'd made that were the cornerstone to getting him elected.  He was already on audio telling the Mexican President at the time that having Mexico pay for the wall was a "gimmick" to get the crowd fired up.

If he even had a chance in hell of winning in 2020 he had no choice but to do what did for 35 days.  Only he should have gone on longer with it instead of blinking.

The fear I have now is that the Rats' strategy for going after Trump is to simply attack his record as a "deal-maker".   And they have no intention of giving him any more wins.   Especially when RBG hits room temperature.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 01:12:08 am by dfwgator »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #244 on: January 28, 2019, 01:13:53 am »

Berlin, Jericho.

You're too good at this.  I almost never get a chance to post in time.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #245 on: January 28, 2019, 01:13:57 am »
The fear I have now is that the Rats' strategy for going after Trump is to simply attack his record as a "deal-maker".   And they have no intention of giving him any more wins.   Especially when RBG hits room temperature.

Nope.  Nancy will go in for the kill no t that there's blood in the water.  And you can bet the campaign ads for 202 are already being made slamming just what you mentioned.

IF Nancy allows the SOTU to happen this year...we'll know for sure whether or not RBG has already assumed room temp.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #246 on: January 28, 2019, 01:17:38 am »
Nope.  Nancy will go in for the kill no t that there's blood in the water.  And you can bet the campaign ads for 202 are already being made slamming just what you mentioned.

IF Nancy allows the SOTU to happen this year...we'll know for sure whether or not RBG has already assumed room temp.

Yep, it doesn't matter what the liberals think about Trump, they don't vote for any Republican anyway.   But those ads will deflate the base, and then Trump will be well-cooked. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #247 on: January 28, 2019, 01:22:26 am »
@Mesaclone

https://youtu.be/M25eylpFcFg

http://youtu.be/M25eylpFcFg

Courtesy of RIGHT IN VIRGINIA.   PART ONE;  THE WALL NOT COMPLETE

Sorry...

PART TWO;  SENSORS AT BOTTOM, NOT COMPLETE..still building .....more to come...

Sorry...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 01:26:57 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #248 on: January 28, 2019, 01:27:49 am »
  Yeah everybody...throw in the towel..that will teach them.  GIVE UP.  You ARE voting for communism then.  Good luck with that.

Take your ball and go home, the ILLEGALS will vote for you. How about SUPPORTING THE PRESIDENT?

THE ONLY ONE FIGHTING FOR AMERICAN PEOPLE.  Your feelings are so much more important.  smh.

GET IN...SOME GOOD GOP! 

This is a process now, with president TRUMP. 

One question @LegalAmerican :

If we vote for communism, does that mean you’ll leave? 888bravo :tongue2:
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #249 on: January 28, 2019, 01:30:55 am »
Yep, it doesn't matter what the liberals think about Trump, they don't vote for any Republican anyway.   But those ads will deflate the base, and then Trump will be well-cooked.

Honestly...at this point...if Trump wants to win...he needs to listen to more than himself for advice...and admit that he's not the smartest guy in the room.  Surround himself with some smart people for the next campaign and legitimately reach out to all Republicans...even the Conservatives that he said he didn't need the last time around.

He needs to give Republicans a reason to get out off the couch and vote for him as opposed to the whole herd of Libs that are lining up to run against him.  He ran against a flawed and completely unelectable opponent in 2016...that won't be the case this time.  And he needs to mend some fences within the GOP that he burned down in the three years since he became a candidate and then the President.

It just depends on whether his New York sized ego will let him do that.  Because I don't like the alternatives that are lining up on the left.