Author Topic: Trump: Ending shutdown was ‘in no way a concession’  (Read 35544 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Trump: Ending shutdown was ‘in no way a concession’
« Reply #200 on: January 27, 2019, 07:32:11 pm »
You do know that it is possible to accurately assess Trump's failure and faulty personality (being nice about it), and still despise the GOP and how they have abandoned every principle, don't you?

@musiclady

"Possible to despise the GOP"?????

It is MANDATORY for anyone that wants to see America survive as a free country.

The GOP of today is about as useful as Confederate Money. Maybe not even that useful,as Confederate money has historical value and the GOP of today is only useful as national pimps for international bankers. I actually have more respect for the Dims because they pretty much openly embrace internationalism/communism/globalism/fascism,or any related "ism" you can name. To give them the credit (?) they deserve,the rank and file Dims and even some of the leadership are so freaking stupid they still think communism is the wave of the future. NOBODY is going to be more shocked to wake up in the labor camps than they are. Even then,most have never had a job and will only be useful as fertilizer.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 07:32:47 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #201 on: January 27, 2019, 07:32:41 pm »
And false.

That apparently doesn't matter if your goal is to be mean and confrontational rather than accurate.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #202 on: January 27, 2019, 07:36:15 pm »
Mean.   :silly:

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #203 on: January 27, 2019, 07:41:36 pm »
@musiclady

"Possible to despise the GOP"?????

It is MANDATORY for anyone that wants to see America survive as a free country.

The GOP of today is about as useful as Confederate Money. Maybe not even that useful,as Confederate money has historical value and the GOP of today is only useful as national pimps for international bankers. I actually have more respect for the Dims because they pretty much openly embrace internationalism/communism/globalism/fascism,or any related "ism" you can name. To give them the credit (?) they deserve,the rank and file Dims and even some of the leadership are so freaking stupid they still think communism is the wave of the future. NOBODY is going to be more shocked to wake up in the labor camps than they are. Even then,most have never had a job and will only be useful as fertilizer.

@sneakypete I think you’d find we agree a million times more than we disagree
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #204 on: January 27, 2019, 07:51:58 pm »
And false.

We have one of those honest differences of opinion.   :shrug:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #205 on: January 27, 2019, 07:59:30 pm »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2019, 08:00:42 pm »
@sneakypete I think you’d find we agree a million times more than we disagree

The problem with supporting Trump and dissing the GOP is that Trump IS the GOP, and the GOP IS Trump.

Online corbe

« Reply #207 on: January 27, 2019, 08:02:54 pm »
The problem with supporting Trump and dissing the GOP is that Trump IS the GOP, and the GOP IS Trump.

:thumbsup:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #208 on: January 27, 2019, 08:02:58 pm »
It seems that I have failed as well.  I doubt that I will keep trying in earnest.

Facing those facts and the cold realities takes away the ability to "blame Trump" and offer up all sorts of innuendo and daft theories about his motivations from 2015 forward.  But it isn't just limited to those hair on fire kooks, it is very difficult for many to come to grasp with the fact that "GOP" is meaningless as far as being a set of reliable representatives for the needs and desires of the people that vote them into office.

Heck I've been pretty much on to this game for decades now, but I still find myself feeling a bit of shock and surprise (although it is minor at this point in time) when I see/hear "GOP" elected officials failing to do/say what they are supposed to be doing/saying because they are "GOP."  Most of us had been brainwashed with these expectations since (at least) young adulthood....  hard to completely shake it off.

@EdJames

I've posted my story here before and believe you to have read it so I'm not going to redo that.  Suffice it to say that forty years+ of labor in the Republican vineyard have only succeeded in making me old, tired, and bitter.   I'm done!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #209 on: January 27, 2019, 08:16:10 pm »

@musiclady

As usual,you have it backwards. Trump,the candidate,was an ALTERNATIVE to the GOP insiders that we KNEW would just keep on keeping on with the destruction of America.

Trump,as a rich man that didn't need them or their bribe money and was running to pump up his ego,was the ONLY actual hope for the pendulum to start swinging back to an American government that put America First,because the only reason he ran for president was to feed his massive ego that tells him daily that he is better than anyone else.  He couldn't be bought and they couldn't even blackmail the professional pols because at one time or another he had paid them to do something or another for one of his corporations,so he had the dirt on them that pretty much made him bulletproof. All they could come up with is their paid whores from the entertainment industry,and most people laughed that off.

There is still a CHANCE that my hopes for him will come true and he will man-the-bleep UP and start building the wall using other money and the Army Corps of Engineers,but I lost a lot of faith in him when he allowed Pelosi and Schulmer to win the most recent contest of wills.  There is a possibility there are things in the works that neither I nor anyone else know about yet to make all this happen,and nothing will please me more than to admit I was wrong to lose faith in him,but at this point I am not betting money on it.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2019, 08:20:10 pm »
@EdJames

I've posted my story here before and believe you to have read it so I'm not going to redo that.  Suffice it to say that forty years+ of labor in the Republican vineyard have only succeeded in making me old, tired, and bitter.   I'm done!

@Bigun  @EdJames

The sad good news to tell you is that there are a lot of us in this same boat,and it's starting to get crowded.

As things stand right now,I have no intention of voting for ANY GOP candidate in 2018 or beyond. It's past time to pull the plug on a party of traitors. If I want to vote for a traitor,all I have to do is vote for the Dim candidate,so what does the GOP have to offer me but lies? At least the Dims are truthful about being traitors to America.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 09:32:38 pm by sneakypete »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #211 on: January 27, 2019, 09:18:56 pm »
Seriously, austingirl............ you believe that people who post negative things on forums such as this one are A.  Responsible for Trump's failure or B.  Happy that our national security is still at great risk because he's failed here??

SERIOUSLY???  :shrug:

@musiclady it's the only way they can justify supporting him after he's let them down so often.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #212 on: January 27, 2019, 09:26:26 pm »
That's OK.  Your feelings for Trump are more than silly.

It's the President's job to convince the Congress to enact his policies.  He said he could do it.  He couldn't do it.

That's pretty much all there is to it.

@musiclady it's also his job to rally the people behind what he's trying to do.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #213 on: January 27, 2019, 09:51:59 pm »

Seems like he’s had three strikes on this issue, demonstrating weakness. First, he capitulated on the zero tolerance policy, last summer. Then, he made a big show of military deployments to the border, just before the midterms, but still lost the House. Now, he’s accepted a deal he could have had before Christmas.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #214 on: January 27, 2019, 09:53:39 pm »

And isn't that why so many people said they supported him??  Because he could rally people behind him?  Because he was so skilled at negotiation?  Because he was so gifted at getting things done??

I think you were right in your previous post, @txradioguy .  They lash out at others as a diversion from the fact that he is disappointing them day in and day out. 

But I still think the absurdity of blaming people who didn't fall for his schtick for being the ones who are keeping him from being able to get the job done is beyond laughable.

I will not take responsibility for his failures simply because I was one of those who didn't trust that he could (or even wanted to) succeed.  That he was what he is proving to be...... a charlatan.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 10:19:48 pm by musiclady »

Online corbe

« Reply #215 on: January 27, 2019, 09:59:25 pm »
   This is still my Favorite Picture of him.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #216 on: January 27, 2019, 10:43:28 pm »
Actually, it was two years of near total Never-Trump GOP control of the government. 

Liking where it got us?

The people who are part of the problem...never see themselves!  I support our America & PRESIDENT TRUMP!   :thumbsup:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #217 on: January 27, 2019, 10:46:54 pm »

The people who are part of the problem...never see themselves! 

Absolutely.   :thumbsup:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #218 on: January 27, 2019, 10:49:49 pm »
@EdJames

BUMP THAT.

Online corbe

« Reply #219 on: January 27, 2019, 10:50:26 pm »
   The people that continue to do the same thing over and over, expecting different results and refuse to be part of the Solution, those are the Problem Childs, IMHO.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #220 on: January 27, 2019, 10:53:54 pm »

The people who are part of the problem...never see themselves!  I support our America & PRESIDENT TRUMP!

I support Principled Conservatism, and America, to the extent that she will provide it, and thereby defend Liberty.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #221 on: January 27, 2019, 10:54:01 pm »
  Yeah everybody...throw in the towel..that will teach them.  GIVE UP.  You ARE voting for communism then.  Good luck with that.

Take your ball and go home, the ILLEGALS will vote for you. How about SUPPORTING THE PRESIDENT?

THE ONLY ONE FIGHTING FOR AMERICAN PEOPLE.  Your feelings are so much more important.  smh.

GET IN...SOME GOOD GOP! 

This is a process now, with president TRUMP. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #222 on: January 27, 2019, 10:56:16 pm »
  Yeah everybody...throw in the towel..that will teach them.  GIVE UP.  You ARE voting for communism then.  Good luck with that.

Take your ball and go home, the ILLEGALS will vote for you. How about SUPPORTING THE PRESIDENT?

THE ONLY ONE FIGHTING FOR AMERICAN PEOPLE.  Your feelings are so much more important.  smh.

GET IN...SOME GOOD GOP! 

Call me when you are willing to defend Principled Conservatism. Till then, we have nothing in common, @LegalAmerican

Online corbe

« Reply #223 on: January 27, 2019, 10:57:45 pm »
    Glory Be, I remember when the 'Process' started @LegalAmerican

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #224 on: January 27, 2019, 10:58:40 pm »

GET IN...SOME GOOD GOP! 

Clearly our only choice is capitulation and failure.  #MAGA