Author Topic: Trump: Ending shutdown was ‘in no way a concession’  (Read 35537 times)

Offline corbe

Re: Trump: Ending shutdown was ‘in no way a concession’
« Reply #350 on: January 30, 2019, 08:40:03 pm »
   @LegalAmerican your quote below (the bolded part) is pure unadulterated BS, way too many words and syllables for a Trump sound bite, I'd be really surprised if he EVER mentioned the Constitution during his campaign.

Trump has always said; These are his plans and WORKING WITH CONGRESS AND WITHIN THE CONSTITUTION..he hopes to achieve his agenda.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #351 on: January 30, 2019, 08:41:11 pm »
I know.  HE is not taking any salary for himself.  Most went back to government. Our parks service. Our school system.  Then I stopped paying attention, where it went.  To Veterans.

So the assertion that "We the American people have saved a million dollars on that alone" is absurd. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #352 on: January 30, 2019, 08:45:24 pm »
Trump donates quarterly salary to Small Business Administration ...
https://thehill.com/.../409699-trump-donates-quarterly-salary-to-small-business-admin...
Oct 3, 2018 - Trump has donated each of his quarterly salaries to different areas of the government since taking office. The president donated his salary from ...

Trump salary donated to veterans business program - Stripes
https://www.stripes.com/trump-salary-donated-to-veterans-business-program-1.550237
Oct 3, 2018 - WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump has donated a portion of his annual ... “This money is going to be used in our veterans program.

Donald Trump donates salary to Department of Transportation
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/.../02/...trump...salary.../334379002/

Feb 13, 2018 - Since taking office, Trump has donated each of his salaries to federal agencies. His previous donations have gone to the National Park Service ...

President Trump donates first quarter salary to VA - CNNPolitics
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/17/politics/trump-donation-veterans.../index.html
May 17, 2018 - President Donald Trump has donated a quarter's worth of his salary to the Department of Veterans Affairs, press secretary Sarah Sanders said ...

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #353 on: January 30, 2019, 08:46:13 pm »
So the assertion that "We the American people have saved a million dollars on that alone" is absurd.

NO.  IT MOSTLY WENT BACK TO OUR GOVERNMENT. Read links

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #354 on: January 30, 2019, 08:49:46 pm »

The American people...the American taxpayers weren't  given any kind of savings because of the donations of Trumps salary.

That money was still spent...it wasn't returned to the people that allow his salary to be paid.  There was no savings anywhere.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #355 on: January 30, 2019, 09:11:54 pm »

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER I PAY PETER OR I PAY PAUL, I'M STILL PAYING SOMEONE AND NOT SAVING A DIME. 
Also, why are we shouting??

The American people...the American taxpayers weren't  given any kind of savings because of the donations of Trumps salary.

That money was still spent...it wasn't returned to the people that allow his salary to be paid.  There was no savings anywhere.
:beer:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #356 on: January 30, 2019, 09:33:12 pm »
@Bigun

There was no way Trump or anyone else was going to make that happen since the entire DNC and their financial backers would have to be named as co-conspirators. Trump would have better luck flapping his arms and flying to the moon.

There is also no way you didn't understand that all along.

What *I* would like would be to see her,Bubba,and a whole BUNCH of other political creatures from both parties indicted,imprisoned,and in some cases,backed against a wall and shot for committing treason and selling their offices to the highest bidders.

Ain't going to happen though,no matter how hard I wish,so I am just going to have to be happy with any gains we can make to "Re-Americanize" America.

@sneakypete

If that's true then we might as well turn out the lights and lock the door because the USA wee knew is dead and gone foreer.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #357 on: January 30, 2019, 09:54:01 pm »
@sneakypete

If that's true then we might as well turn out the lights and lock the door because the USA wee knew is dead and gone foreer.

@Bigun

It's true. Anybody that doesn't think so believes Cinderella was a documentary.

Do YOU seriously think the political leadership of the Dim Party OR the alleged Republican Party is going to ever allow senior members to be investigated and brought up on corruption charges? Slick Willie is the closest we ever came,and the Senators refused to even go to the room to look at the evidence.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #358 on: January 30, 2019, 10:05:54 pm »
@Bigun

It's true. Anybody that doesn't think so believes Cinderella was a documentary.

Do YOU seriously think the political leadership of the Dim Party OR the alleged Republican Party is going to ever allow senior members to be investigated and brought up on corruption charges? Slick Willie is the closest we ever came,and the Senators refused to even go to the room to look at the evidence.

I guess I'm just having trouble coming to grips with the idea that my country is dead.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #359 on: January 30, 2019, 10:12:08 pm »
I guess I'm just having trouble coming to grips with the idea that my country is dead.

At least half the country is.  Brain-dead anyway. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #360 on: January 30, 2019, 11:18:16 pm »

@Bigun

I ain't  happy about it either,but anyone that takes a cold,unemotional look at what has been going on for the last 20 years or so HAS to come to the conclusion that America is nothing more than an illusion anymore,kept in place because certain people invested a lot of time and money into taking it over.

It is POSSIBLE for us to still get it back,but will we? I'd like to think so,but it's not something  I would bet on.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #361 on: January 30, 2019, 11:54:05 pm »

I hear you.  I'm having trouble as well.  You fought much longer and harder than I did.  People failed to listen and to understand.  I don't know if most people even realize that our country is lost and sadly, do they even care? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #362 on: January 30, 2019, 11:56:06 pm »
@Bigun

I ain't  happy about it either,but anyone that takes a cold,unemotional look at what has been going on for the last 20 years or so HAS to come to the conclusion that America is nothing more than an illusion anymore,kept in place because certain people invested a lot of time and money into taking it over.

It is POSSIBLE for us to still get it back,but will we? I'd like to think so,but it's not something  I would bet on.

Anything is possible, but short of a miracle and Divine intervention, I see it as highly unlikely.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #363 on: February 02, 2019, 11:57:33 pm »
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER I PAY PETER OR I PAY PAUL, I'M STILL PAYING SOMEONE AND NOT SAVING A DIME. 
Also, why are we shouting??

Depends how you choose to frame things. DID ANY OF YOU PAY FOR PARKS SERVICE. NO.  Give money to VETERANS?   NO.  YOU didn't spend YOUR MONEY...IT SAVED TAXPAYERS MONEY, NOT TO PAY FOR THOSE ITEMS.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #364 on: February 03, 2019, 12:02:28 am »
Bigun.  Mitt Romney is helping destroy America. He violates ARTICLE 12 in ARTICLE OF FAITH.  LDS also support bringing in muslims, ILLEGALS.  So, lets all sing 'kum by ya".   LDS has compound in Mexico. Mitts dad was born there. Many still visit yearly on vacation.  ALL GLOBALISTS.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #365 on: February 03, 2019, 12:17:17 am »
Bigun.  Mitt Romney is helping destroy America. He violates ARTICLE 12 in ARTICLE OF FAITH.  LDS also support bringing in muslims, ILLEGALS.  So, lets all sing 'kum by ya".   LDS has compound in Mexico. Mitts dad was born there. Many still visit yearly on vacation.  ALL GLOBALISTS.

Not trying to butt in, butt your post makes me very curious. What is Article 12 in Article of Faith??  My husband grew up in Utah and for a period of time I worked with members of the LDS church up in Alaska.  I was always under the assumption that the LDS pretty much stuck together and was exclusionary.  Why would they allow Muslims and illegals??

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #366 on: February 03, 2019, 12:21:51 am »

You are nuttier than a port-a-potty at a peanut eating festival.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #367 on: February 03, 2019, 12:22:45 am »
Not trying to butt in, butt your post makes me very curious. What is Article 12 in Article of Faith??  My husband grew up in Utah and for a period of time I worked with members of the LDS church up in Alaska.  I was always under the assumption that the LDS pretty much stuck together and was exclusionary.  Why would they allow Muslims and illegals??

@libertybele

@LegalAmerican doesn't have the most remote clue as to what she is talking about here. None, zero, NADA.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #368 on: February 03, 2019, 12:23:57 am »
@libertybele

@LegalAmerican doesn't have the most remote clue as to what she is talking about here. None, zero, NADA.

Thank you.  I always trust your "word".

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #369 on: February 03, 2019, 12:24:07 am »
Glad to see that I am not the only one that viewed that bizarre post as being out of place, to say the least!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #370 on: February 03, 2019, 12:25:39 am »
@libertybele

That one set up residency on another planet some time ago.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #371 on: February 03, 2019, 12:26:02 am »
[/quote
[/b]

Nope. Lets try this, and I said ALMOST one million. His salary yearly is 400 K plus 'perks.  So, lets say HE POCKETED his 800 K, and  still funded the Veterans , Parks Service, School system. etc.  We would have PAID again from government those amounts.   You and YOUR ABSURD POSTS.  lol

We did not fund, Parks service , Veterans, School with more government funds, So we "saved" paying that extra money.

You just refuse to give President TRUMP any credit.  800 thousand put in his pocket and OR  funding government AGAIN with that same amount,  We saved 800 K....does not matter how it was spent.

IF IT WENT INTO HIS POCKET...YOU WOULD HAVE PAID FOR ALL THE REST.   It would have been double expense.

800 K for his salary,  (gone into his pocket so forget about that 800 K )  ADDITIONAL 800 K. funding those government agency's.   800 K salary expense. 800 K government agency expense.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #372 on: February 03, 2019, 12:29:55 am »

and there is that as well.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #373 on: February 03, 2019, 12:46:34 am »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #374 on: February 03, 2019, 01:20:34 am »

I would have said 'rat turd in a pistachio factory'... but yeah.