Author Topic: Breaking: Trump ally Stone faces seven charges  (Read 9463 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Breaking: Trump ally Stone faces seven charges
« on: January 25, 2019, 11:49:11 am »
Trump ally Stone faces seven charges

Political strategist Roger Stone, a long-time ally of President Trump, has been arrested in Florida, charged with seven counts in the Mueller probe.

Mr Stone will appear in court later in the city of Fort Lauderdale.

The indictment includes one count of obstruction of an official proceeding, five counts of false statements, and one count of witness-tampering.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/trump-ally-stone-faces-seven-charges/ar-BBSIOhP

He always said he'd be hauled in for something. When did this actually happen? 3 AM in the morning that he was arrested for this to be reported at this hour? Late last night maybe?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 11:50:17 am by TomSea »

Offline mountaineer

Re: Breaking: Trump ally Stone faces seven charges
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 12:11:07 pm »
Greta Van Susteren  Verified account @greta
CNN cameras were at the raid of Roger Stone...so FBI obviously tipped off CNN...even if you don’t like Stone, it is curious why Mueller’s office tipped off CNN instead of trying to quietly arrest Stone; quiet arrests are more likely to be safe to the FBI and the person arrested
7:02 AM - 25 Jan 2019

Greta Van Susteren Retweeted Greta Van Susteren
Let me correct: it is not obvious that FBI tipped off CNN...someone else could have tipped them off.
7:11 AM - 25 Jan 2019
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 12:17:29 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 12:13:18 pm »

CNN cameras were at the raid of Roger Stone...so FBI obviously tipped off CNN...even if you don’t like Stone, it is curious why Mueller’s office tipped off CNN instead of trying to quietly arrest Stone; quiet arrests are more likely to be safe to the FBI and the person arrested
7:02 AM - 25 Jan 2019

I don't like CNN

and

I don't like Stone.

I will get a smile when I see his trash ass led away in cuffs.   ( and quietly Ted Cruz will too.)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 12:14:50 pm »
Trump associate Roger Stone arrested, faces obstruction charge
21 mins ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Roger Stone, a confidant of President Donald Trump, was arrested Friday morning on several criminal charges stemming from the special counsel's Russia investigation.

Stone is charged in a seven-count indictment with witness tampering, obstruction and false statements about his interactions related to the release by WikiLeaks of hacked emails during the 2016 presidential election. Some of those false statements were made to the House intelligence committee, according to the indictment.

The indictment brought by special counsel Robert Mueller does not accuse Stone of coordinating with the Russian government's election interference in 2016, the key matter under investigation in the probe. But the indictment lays out in detail Stone's conversations about stolen Democratic emails posted by WikiLeaks in the weeks before the Republican beat Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton. Mueller's office has said those emails, belonging to Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta, were hacked by Russian intelligence officers.  ... AP via MSN

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 12:19:49 pm »

Byron York Verified account @ByronYork
Have quickly read Roger Stone indictment. Charged with one count of obstructing House Intel Committee investigation, five counts of lying to the committee, and one count of trying to get another witness (Randy Credico) to lie to committee.
7:06 AM - 25 Jan 2019

Byron York  Verified account @ByronYork
Some good Roger Stone color (Frank Pentangeli!), but Stone basically charged with lying to House about his communications with Credico and Jerome Corsi over supposed second-hand communications and efforts to communicate with Julian Assange.
7:08 AM - 25 Jan 2019

Online rustynail

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 12:22:36 pm »
Tic-toc Trump?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 12:38:33 pm »
Message sent to the people: Don’t you ever try challenging the established political order again. We will bury you!

Trump’s message to the establishment: Hold my Diet Coke.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 12:52:16 pm »
Tic-toc Trump?

One step at a time.  Mugshots.....  Folks we need the sleaze merchant's mug shot.  Wooo. hoo.......

I hope this dragnet skims David Pecker out of the sludge too.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 12:54:37 pm »
Greta misses one basic fact about CNN being there: They had covered Stone for a while and he’s the one that said he expected to be charged at any time and figured it would happen on a Friday. So, imagine that - he was arrested this morning and they were there. Hardly great sleuthing on their part. Besides, a tip off would have given us better footage of Stone being perp walked by a well-lit shot with a camera on a tripod, instead of this shaky, undetailed video.

CNN political correspondent Sara Murray said Thursday that President Donald Trump’s associate, legendary political dirty trickster Roger Stone, lives a life of constant worry that the FBI will swoop in at any moment and haul him off to jail.

-snip-

“For a while, Roger Stone wasn’t even making plans on Fridays, one of his friends said, because he was worried that that could be the day the FBI comes for him,” she said.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/roger-stone-lives-in-fear-and-spends-his-fridays-waiting-to-be-hauled-off-to-jail-cnn/

Sorry...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 12:55:55 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2019, 01:02:02 pm »
One step at a time.  Mugshots.....  Folks we need the sleaze merchant's mug shot.  Wooo. hoo.......

I hope this dragnet skims David Pecker out of the sludge too.

He was given conditional immunity for providing information on the Karen McDougal transaction.

https://www.thewrap.com/national-enquirer-parent-company-admits-paying-off-karen-mcdougal-help-trump-2016-presidential-race/

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2019, 01:07:35 pm »
Knowing Stone's proclivity towards the perverse, I feel sorry for those federal agents having to enter that home. Who knows who or what greased up things they had to step around in there.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 01:10:03 pm »
Knowing Stone's proclivity towards the perverse, I feel sorry for those federal agents having to enter that home. Who knows who or what greased up things they had to step around in there.

LOL....You mean this guy?   

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 02:43:32 pm »
So let me get this straight: the FBI is arresting Roger Stone, because he was cooperating with Julian Assange, who leaked John Podesta's e-mails... which is bad, only because they revealed exactly how much contempt the Democratic Party had for the American people.

Pardon my cynicism here, but the whistleblower factor has to be considered here. Even if it is Roger Stone. The DNC does not get to conduct espionage in just one direction without being subject to it itself.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2019, 02:47:24 pm »
So let me get this straight: the FBI is arresting Roger Stone, because he was cooperating with Julian Assange, who leaked John Podesta's e-mails... which is bad, only because they revealed exactly how much contempt the Democratic Party had for the American people.

Pardon my cynicism here, but the whistleblower factor has to be considered here. Even if it is Roger Stone. The DNC does not get to conduct espionage in just one direction without being subject to it itself.

Apparently they do because they aren't.

Meanwhile, while the fiddlers giggle, onward we march towards despotism.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 02:53:05 pm by skeeter »

Offline edpc

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2019, 03:00:46 pm »

Assange and WikiLeaks aren’t whistleblowers.

It is time to call out WikiLeaks for what it really is - a non-state hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 03:01:35 pm by edpc »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 03:01:25 pm »
womp womp.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 03:04:39 pm »

Assange and WikiLeaks aren’t whistleblowers.

It is time to call out WikiLeaks for what it really is - a non-state hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia.

Except this is about the 2016 election and Hillary Clinton, not national security.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 03:10:16 pm »
COLLUSION! MUELLER TIPS OFF CNN – Entire Stone Pre-Dawn Raid Captured by Anti-Trump Channel (VIDEO)
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/01/collusion-mueller-tips-off-cnn-entire-stone-pre-dawn-raid-captured-by-anti-trump-channel-video/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 03:11:07 pm »
'FBI, open the door! FBI warrant!: Armed agents in riot gear arrested Roger Stone in pre-dawn raid
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/fbi-open-the-door-fbi-warrant-armed-agents-in-riot-gear-arrested-roger-stone-in-pre-dawn-raid
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 03:11:53 pm »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2019, 03:18:53 pm »
@Once-Ler See your doctor if that lasts for longer than four hours.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 03:19:44 pm by skeeter »

Offline edpc

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2019, 03:19:27 pm »
Except this is about the 2016 election and Hillary Clinton, not national security.

Elections are a matter of national security.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2019, 03:27:07 pm »

Elections are a matter of national security.

I'll look forward to hearing about more arrests of media figures who used Wikileak material in stories on the WOT, etc.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2019, 03:32:24 pm »
Dem chairman on Stone arrest: 'What did the President know and when did he know it?'
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/426951-dem-chairman-on-stone-arrest-what-did-the-president-know-and-when-did-he-know
Support the USO

Offline edpc

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2019, 03:37:31 pm »
I'll look forward to hearing about more arrests of media figures who used Wikileak material in stories on the WOT, etc.

You can take that up with AG Barr, after he’s confirmed. After all, the aforementioned characterizations of Assange and WikiLeaks being hostile entities, along with US elections being a matter of national security come from the current Sec State and President.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cia-director-pompeo-calls-wikileaks-hostile-intelligence-service-n746311

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-imposing-certain-sanctions-event-foreign-interference-united-states-election/