Author Topic: POP. SCIENCE What is a super blood wolf moon?  (Read 873 times)

rangerrebew

POP. SCIENCE What is a super blood wolf moon?
« on: January 24, 2019, 03:09:24 pm »
What is a super blood wolf moon?

What a strawberry moon? What is a worm moon? What is going on with my moon?
By Rachel Feltman December 28, 2018

Powered By

Blue moons, strawberry moons, supermoons. For some reason your news aggregation algorithm of choice thinks you really really really want to know all about these moons. “Catch This Weekend’s AMAZING SUPERMOON,” one headline (or, like, 500 of them) will announce. “The Supermoon Isn’t Actually A Big Deal And You’re All Ruining Astronomy,” another will grouse.

The latest example is the super blood wolf moon eclipse, which sounds like the name of an emo song I would have performed a modern dance routine to in 9th grade, but is, in fact, an astronomical event set to occur on January 20. As we'll explain below, there is nothing truly mystical or hardcore or otherwise special about this moon, and it will not look like a bloody wolf head in the sky or anything wild like that. We get these super-duper-lunar events by smashing together all the qualifiers we've historically used to keep track of full moons throughout the year, and in the age of the internet we can go a little overboard.

https://www.popsci.com/blue-moon-super-moon-guide

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: POP. SCIENCE What is a super blood wolf moon?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 08:14:17 pm »
Three levels up from a double dog dare you moon?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: POP. SCIENCE What is a super blood wolf moon?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 08:20:59 pm »
Even more hype, that's what.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis