Author Topic: The Hill: Ocasio-Cortez invokes Bible in response to White House on climate change  (Read 763 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ocasio-Cortez invokes Bible in response to White House on climate change
By Owen Daugherty - 01/23/19 06:23 PM EST

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y) on Wednesday responded to White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders telling her to leave climate change up to a “much higher authority” by invoking the Bible.

While not quoting specific verses, the freshman lawmaker invoked scripture in defense of her impassioned pleas to address climate change.

“Genesis 1: God looked on the world & called it good not once, not twice, but seven times,” she tweeted. “Genesis 2: God commands all people to 'serve and protect' creation.”

"Leviticus: God mandates that not only the people, but the land that sustains them, shall be respected," she added.

“You shouldn’t need a Bible to tell you to protect our planet, but it does anyway," she wrote in a follow-up tweet.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/426688-ocasio-cortez-invokes-Bible-response-white-house-climate-change
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

"The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose. An evil soul producing holy witness Is like a villain with a smiling cheek, A goodly apple rotten at the heart."

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Oh, so if we're quoting Leviticus now...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
A Marxist quoting the bible. She's like a serial killer quoting Miss Manners etiquette guide.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
God didn't call upon us to SERVE and protect creation.

He called upon us to SERVE HIM.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

Like I said in another post, watch her become bitter and lash out when she runs into real opposition to her ideas. Right now she’s been coddled a little bit. But that’s not gonna last forever
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy