Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez: I give 'zero' f---s about pushback from other Democrats  (Read 2532 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ocasio-Cortez: I give 'zero' f---s about pushback from other Democrats
By Aris Folley - 01/22/19 08:10 AM EST

Freshman New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D) in an interview late Monday said she gives "zero" f---s about criticism she’s received from members of her own party.

“Now, congresswoman, for you and other freshmen members of Congress, you're getting a fair amount of pushback from even members of your own party saying ‘wait your turn, go slow, don't ask for so much so fast right now, you're new, wait your turn for everything and don't make waves,'" late-night host Stephen Colbert said to the rising progressive star on CBS's "The Late Show."

“I want to ask this question in a respectful manner, knowing also that you're from Queens, so you will understand this question,” he continued.

“And the BX,” Ocasio-Cortez, who is also from the Bronx, laughingly injected.

“On a scale from zero to some, how many f---s do you give?”

After taking a moment to deliberate, Ocasio-Cortez reached into her side and pulled out her hand to make a circle, saying: “I think it’s zero.”

“That’s my thought!” Colbert exclaimed.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/426350-ocasio-cortez-on-how-many-f-ks-she-gives-i-think-its-zero
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Ocasio-Cortez: I give 'zero' f---s about pushback from other Democrats
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 05:27:10 pm »
She'll give a whole lot of effs about it when she runs in her safe Rat seat and is Primaried and the party gives her ZERO cash.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 06:08:30 pm »
She may give zero F's  and with that overbite and her set of chompers I hope the same is true when it comes to blowjobs.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 09:33:14 pm »
Keeping it classy, as always.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 12:17:20 am »
You go,gurl!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 12:19:46 am »
She'll give a whole lot of effs about it when she runs in her safe Rat seat and is Primaried and the party gives her ZERO cash.

The right wing made her famous just like I said they would. She's a rock star on the left now. She isn't going anywhere for a long time.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 12:23:24 am »
The right wing made her famous just like I said they would. She's a rock star on the left now. She isn't going anywhere for a long time.

She is you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 12:37:24 am »

From your keyboard to God's ears.   happy77

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 12:38:00 am »

Good. Her candor is refreshing. I’m tired of the rats pretending they stand for things they don’t.

Online rustynail

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 12:40:37 am »
He said it not her.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 12:43:18 am »
Good. Her candor is refreshing. I’m tired of the rats pretending they stand for things they don’t.

That's why the are afraid of AOC,  she says what they really think but can't admit.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 12:47:11 am »

Yeah. She is such a rock star that her own party is telling her to sit down and shut up.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2019, 12:49:28 am »
her own party is telling her to sit down and shut up.

That's what I like about her.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2019, 12:51:35 am »

That she is so stupid that even Whoopie Goldberg finds her a bore? I'll bet you do.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2019, 12:51:53 am »
The Democrat Party has long been home to vacuous blowhards and duplicitous schemers alike. It is a place where celebrities and power-seekers alike can loudly claim to care for the poor and down-trodden and yet live like royalty, where mere feelings trump truth, where personal accountability is negated by the privilege of accusation, and where one may yet thrive without the necessity of possessing virtue or having to produce anything of lasting value.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 12:58:29 am by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2019, 12:52:47 am »

You suck at being you. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 09:12:16 am »
The Democrat Party has long been home to vacuous blowhards and duplicitous schemers alike. It is a place where celebrities and power-seekers alike can loudly claim to care for the poor and down-trodden and yet live like royalty, where mere feelings trump truth, where personal accountability is negated by the privilege of accusation, and where one may yet thrive without the necessity of possessing virtue or having to produce anything of lasting value.
Well said. It is the Home of Hypocrisy.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2019, 10:09:18 am »

Yep.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2019, 03:29:44 pm »

And what a hypocrite this one is. For someone who couldn't afford an apartment now appearing on the cover of Hollywood Reporter and other venues in expensive designer clothes. This ignoramus is quite prepared to take everything from you while she lives in luxury.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2019, 03:39:56 pm »
 Her youthful Idealism, along with her naivety Is going to run into problems with even some of the realist in her own party.  Right now, her ideas have not gone through the whole ringer of a debate.

In the event her Green New Deal or Medicare for All gets put out in the public arena and she finds real opposition to both, I have the feeling that she’s not going to be able to adapt very well to the rejection. I think her true colors will come out at that point
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline austingirl

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2019, 03:43:10 pm »
Her youthful Idealism, along with her naivety Is going to run into problems with even some of the realist in her own party.  Right now, her ideas have not gone through the whole ringer of a debate.

In the event her Green New Deal or Medicare for All gets put out in the public arena and she finds real opposition to both, I have the feeling that she’s not going to be able to adapt very well to the rejection. I think her true colors will come out at that point

She has already demonstrated how thin-skinned she is.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2019, 03:53:46 pm »
She has already demonstrated how thin-skinned she is.

And that will get worse when she runs into real opposition. It’s our nature to believe that whatever we’re for, everybody else should be, too. Being a millennial, especially being from the university system, they’re not used to alternative viewpoints and opposition
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline austingirl

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2019, 03:56:33 pm »
And that will get worse when she runs into real opposition. It’s our nature to believe that whatever we’re for, everybody else should be, too. Being a millennial, especially being from the university system, they’re not used to alternative viewpoints and opposition

I agree, but it won't happen anytime soon since she is adulated by the media. When her ideas are rejected- look out!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2019, 04:01:59 pm »
. When her ideas are rejected- look out!

Oh yeah. When you watch her in interviews, there’s a little bit of that already

This is what conservatives should focus on.  Forget about her outfit or whether or not she uses Uber.

Her disastrous ideas should be confronted head on.

Barry Goldwater

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2019, 04:30:17 pm »

She's completely a creation of the left and the media.  the "right wing" had nothing to do with making her famous.

I'm surprised given your comments on here in the past you're not fully 100% behind everything she says.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!