Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez on Millennials:We're like the world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address c  (Read 1735 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
She just keeps on talking....

"And I think the part of it that is generational is that millennials and people, in Gen Z, and all these folks that come after us are looking up and we’re like, the world is gonna end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change. You’re biggest issue, your biggest issue is how are going to pay for it? — and like this is the war, this is our World War II. And I think for younger people looking at this are more like, how are we saying let’s take it easy when 3,000 Americans died last year, how are we saying let’s take it easy when the end person died from our cruel and unjust criminal justice system?"

https://news.grabien.com/story-ocasio-cortez-millennials-were-world-going-end-12-years-if-w

OCASIO-CORTEZ: “Yeah, I don’t — I’m not saying that, but I do think a system that allows billionaires to exist when there are parts of Alabama where people are still getting ringworm because they don’t have access to public health is wrong.

https://news.grabien.com/story-ocasio-cortez-immoral-our-system-allows-billionaires-exist
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 06:15:46 pm by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

I'm thinking like the world's gonna end in 12 years because cretins like her have advanced to federal positions of leadership.

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm thinking that in like 12 years TMZ is going to be showing this broad waiting tables again with the title "One Term Congresswoman Found in Soho".

Offline austingirl

I'm thinking like the world's gonna end in 12 years because cretins like her have advanced to federal positions of leadership.

What a crop of freshman dems/coms we have!

Offline austingirl

I'm thinking that in like 12 years TMZ is going to be showing this broad waiting tables again with the title "One Term Congresswoman Found in Soho".

I hope you're right.

Online rustynail

21st century Bella Abzug?

Offline Frank Cannon

21st century Bella Abzug?

At least Bella was coherent.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Who be dat twistin' her tail....?

Offline mountaineer

Like, omg, what a moron.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

I don’t think she’s aware that these predictions have been made about the world ending in 5, 8, 10 years ever since I was a kid
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline austingirl

I don’t think she’s aware that these predictions have been made about the world ending in 5, 8, 10 years ever since I was a kid

She isn't aware of most things. Just well versed in totalitarianism.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

When you are of the "woke" generation you don't need to be aware. In fact it preferred you not be.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

We all were supposed to die in the "coming ice age" about 40 years ago, weren't we? I guess that's ancient history to the woke generation.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
She isn't aware of most things. Just well versed in totalitarianism.
She's a frigging parrot, spewing the lines she has been drilled in, thinking she gets to eat crackas for lunch.

It's going to be a really rude awakening. I just hope she doesn't have any significant power when the psychotic break comes.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We all were supposed to die in the "coming ice age" about 40 years ago, weren't we? I guess that's ancient history to the woke generation.
That ice age was all the rage when I graduated with my geology degree....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline austingirl

The woke generation knows nothing of history-from any era.

Offline ConstitutionRose

Very true.  I read about it in 7th grade.  I was terrified.  I hate cold weather!  My 1st lesson in taking science (and Time Magazine) with a grain of salt.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline RoosGirl

I'm thinking like if the world's gonna end in 12 years at least it'll be rid of stupid idiots like her.